I'm weary as Hell
The confusion I'm feelin'
Ain't no tongue can tell
The words fill my head
And fall to the floor
That if God's on our side
He'll stop the next war
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Qusdahl

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by Qusdahl »

also, can we discuss the reaction if the US National Guard was tweeting about orcs?

if Twitter took the time to flag it but not actually delete it, does that mean it's real?

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Qusdahl wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:51 am
but I think that's a critical piece of context. I think what's freaking some of you guys out is, I view this clusterfuck as having blame to go around, rather than just taking a side.
A critical piece of context for what?

All it shows is that no free country wants to tie their economic and political fortunes and future to Russia. They all want to be on the more stable and more democratic team. Pretty fuckin simple.

putin's message is "So I'm a sociopathic murderous reptilian brain thug who will kill members of my own team to keep everyone else in line, and yet know one wants join my team?"

"Play on my team or I will kill you and all your family members" is a recruiting message that only works for so long. Some of those kids he was threatening to kill if the parents didn't vote for him, just died in Ukraine.

One of the lessons the Russians should have learned in Afghanistan is that a foe who has nothing to lose is the most dangerous. As the Russian economy crumbles, the proletariats there will soon have nothing to lose.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Yeah fuck Putin!

The proletariats, whoa, Japhy going full Q.

"Play on my team or I will kill you and all your family members" is a recruiting message that only works for so long, indeed. But that cuts both ways. It would be one thing if it was just about being free countries with shared political and economic fortunes, sure, but isn’t NATO at least kind of being a bunch of militant assholes too?

Not that I don’t blame Putin.

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Qusdahl wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:00 am So now as I'm leavin'
I'm weary as Hell
The confusion I'm feelin'
Ain't no tongue can tell
The words fill my head
And fall to the floor
That if God's on our side
He'll stop the next war
So we have determined that god is not on our side.

Rome never looks where she treads,
Always her heavy hooves fall
On our stomachs, our hearts or our heads;
And Rome never heeds when we bawl.
Her sentries pass on -- that is all,
And we gather behind them in hordes,
And plot to reconquer the Wall,
With only our tongues for our swords.

We are the Little Folk -- we!
Too little to love or to hate.
Leave us alone and you'll see
How we can drag down the Great!
We are the worm in the wood!
We are the rot in the root!
We are the germ in the blood!
We are the thorn in the foot!

Mistletoe killing an oak --
Rats gnawing cables in two --
Moths making holes in a cloak --
How they must love what they do!
Yes -- and we Little Folk too,
We are as busy as they --
Working our works out of view --
Watch, and you'll see it some day!

No indeed! We are not strong,
But we know Peoples that are.
Yes, and we'll guide them along,
To smash and destroy you in War!
We shall be slaves just the same --
Yes, we have always been slaves,
But you -- you will die of the shame,
And then we shall dance on your graves!

We are the Little Folk -- we!
Too little to love or to hate.
Leave us alone and you'll see
How we can drag down the Great!
We are the worm in the wood!
We are the rot in the root!
We are the germ in the blood!
We are the thorn in the foot!

How many Ukrainian flags do you have for our Free Ukraine parade? I can rally dozens of godless proletariats in the Empire to join us in the march. If god is not on the side of the Ukrainians then fuck that bastard.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Man I heard this thing on NPR yesterday but didn’t catch it all - basically about how Putin rose to power and went all mob boss about it.

But prior to that, after the dissolution of the USSR and the establishing of some more western-style democracy in Moscow at least initially, what was the vibe then? Were nato and Russia playing nice?

And weren’t we homies with them in WW2?

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousie, people probably wouldn’t label you as pro-russia if you weren’t spouting the same talking points as putin (and trump)

sure what russia is doing is bad, but the US did this…and the US did that…

the only person here who doesn’t admit that the US has it’s own problems is michhawk

like i said the other day…the illy-level whataboutism is EXACTLY the kind of distraction putin is gunning for

did you not read the link i sent you, or did you just not care to believe its content?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Qusdahl wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:19 am But that cuts both ways. It would be one thing if it was just about being free countries with shared political and economic fortunes, sure, but isn’t NATO at least kind of being a bunch of militant assholes too?
Dude, you have obviously been in too many abusive relationships.

When an abused partner ( ie soviet satellite States ) decide it is time to move on and date other people that is not a valid "reason" for the abuser to chime in with; "bitch, if I can't fuck you no one can" and then kill them.

Dude, you are not the bad guy for wanting to date a hippie chick who is nice to you. And the hippie chick is not singing some devious siren song that you are under the spell of, you just want to get laid without her waking up in the middle of the night screaming and punching you in the balls.

You have to love yourself first or no one else will love you.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:29 am
like i said the other day…the illy-level...
Blah blah blah.

You'd be wise, and better off, if you kept my (user)name out of your mouth(posts).

Things will go much more smoothly.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Qusdahl wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:51 am for real fuck Putin.

but I think that's a critical piece of context. I think what's freaking some of you guys out is, I view this clusterfuck as having blame to go around, rather than just taking a side.

and by the way, fuck Putin.

but since this country's at least cool enough to let me say it - fuck Biden too. And Trump. And Obama and W and Cheney all the presidents who have perpetuated the capitalist imperial war machine. whoa, for the first time in this thread, I actually felt kinda patriotic!

I feel awful for the people of Ukraine. But I think perhaps the only thing worse than having their country torn apart by one foreign power's meddling, is two foreign powers's meddling.

what was the situation there pre-14 coup? was there all this infighting? or did that come to be, or be escalated, by us feeding them weapons and training? It's prob some chicken and egg thing.

also, fuck Putin.

fuck the MIC too. To them it's not war, it's not evil, it's not loosing friends and loved ones senselessly; it's just another dollar.

and I dunno much about NATO, but is there any good reason not to say fuck them too?

also fuck mizzou

ok I'm done.
"but I think that's a critical piece of context. I think what's freaking some of you guys out is, I view this clusterfuck as having blame to go around, rather than just taking a side."

If you zoom far enough out on the timeline, you can find a reason to support "both sides" of virtually any argument. Stop wasting your mental effort to assign the appropriate percentage of blame to the appropriate persons or group.

What is happening is wrong and there does not appear to be any justifiable reason for it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Qusdahl wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:24 am Man I heard this thing on NPR yesterday but didn’t catch it all - basically about how Putin rose to power and went all mob boss about it.

But prior to that, after the dissolution of the USSR and the establishing of some more western-style democracy in Moscow at least initially, what was the vibe then? Were nato and Russia playing nice?

And weren’t we homies with them in WW2?
So you want someone to break down Perestroika, NATO's position on post-dissolution Russia and the US-Russia relationship in WWII.

On a Kansas sports message board.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Separately, one thing that Biden has done that is extremely smart - for a lot of reasons - is letting the EU essentially take the lead on (and the credit for) some of the best and most effective actions here.
Deleted User 863

jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:43 pm Separately, one thing that Biden has done that is extremely smart - for a lot of reasons - is letting the EU essentially take the lead on (and the credit for) some of the best and most effective actions here.
This.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Which is, um, a departure.

Deleted User 863

For me, Trump isn't the bar of acceptability.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:07 pm
KUTradition wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:29 am
like i said the other day…the illy-level...
Blah blah blah.

You'd be wise, and better off, if you kept my (user)name out of your mouth(posts).
or what?

(shaking in my boots)
illy wrote: Things will go much more smoothly.
things go swimmingly here when you go away

by your logic, i guess that means you should take a permanent leave of absence
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:48 pm For me, Trump isn't the bar of acceptability.
That's fine, but, he is. For 1/3 of your countrymen.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:45 pm Which is, um, a departure.

Trump neglected to mention that he had it written in the contract that they weren't allowed to use them.

"But Trump had his own problems with Ukraine, very little of which had to do with protecting it from Russia. Trump first approved the sale of $47 million worth of 210 Javelin missiles and 37 launchers to Ukraine in December 2017. Delivered in April the following year, they were not deployed to the front lines of the still-simmering separatist war. Under the terms of the sale, they were kept boxed in a military storage facility far from the front lines, where they were to serve symbolically as a “strategic deterrent” to Russia."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... ms-supply/
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Qusdahl wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:06 am also, can we discuss the reaction if the US National Guard was tweeting about orcs?

if Twitter took the time to flag it but not actually delete it, does that mean it's real?