Where's the petri dish thread?

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Re: Where's the petri dish thread?

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Stay safe and drink plenty of bleach. Sorry! Not funny.
Seems a Cali victim (not dead but has the virus) was a screener at LAX. Not good.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:20 pm cali declared state of emergency after first death

my company just cancelled all non-essential domestic travel, not to mention an embargo on international travel

too bad this conference i’m at wasn’t scheduled a week or two later
You must be in Orlando?
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Feral wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:52 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:20 pm cali declared state of emergency after first death

my company just cancelled all non-essential domestic travel, not to mention an embargo on international travel

too bad this conference i’m at wasn’t scheduled a week or two later
You must be in Orlando?
gainesville, but flying in/out of orlando
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
Deleted User 289

Hitting "home" for me.

Former home town (population under 10,000) and current home town of many friends and co-workers.
https://abc7chicago.com/5986567/

and... Being that I am supposed to fly in to LAX 3 weeks from yesterday....
https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... ources-say

and.....I am supposed to go to a Dodgers game while I am in LA.
https://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles ... loc=left_h

I do care about others and wish the virus on no one but I'm realizing that it's going to continue and expand in terms of how it will affect me - and I'm at the point where I am ticked off enough for asshole me to say - it sure would be nice if people in Asian countries stopped fucking/molesting/fondling/touching birds and bats and animals and then being responsible for spreading their viruses to the rest of the world.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

This is only the left half of the front page of today's Washington Post. Of course, each entry is a link to an article about it.

Turmoil widens as U.S. death toll rises; Xi cancels Japan trip
7:45 AM

‘Don’t touch your face,’ warn public officials seconds before touching their faces
7:31 AM

Bethlehem’s Church of the Nativity shut down for two weeks
7:05 AM

Britain largely moves to second stage of coronavirus plan; top medical official says some lawmakers may be advised to avoid Parliament

U.S. health system is showing why it’s not ready for a pandemic

The growing U.S. outbreak is forcing hospitals and doctors to update and improvise emergency plans on a daily basis, even as they remain uncertain how bad the crisis will get.
By Christopher Rowland and Peter Whoriskey

U.S. stocks poised for across-the-board declines as virus outlook worsens

Virus pummels Iran leaders as data show spread is far worse than reported

A Brooklyn pharmacy ran out of masks and hand sanitizer after the number of virus cases in the city climbed. (Sharon Pulwer for The Post)

How the virus spread in New York in 48 hours: From a man to his family. Then to a neighbor. Then to friends.

What began as one family’s medical crisis has spiraled well beyond their Westchester County home, shuttering schools and synagogues and crystallizing the virus’s power to propel anxiety.
By Ben Guarino, Sarah Pulliam Bailey and Paul Schwartzman

Mapping the spread of the virus in U.S. and worldwide

Expanded virus testing in U.S. could overwhelm still-limited capability, some experts say
Get our Coronavirus Updates newsletter

Coronavirus turmoil widens as U.S. death toll mounts; Dow poised to drop

March 5, 2020 at 8:06 a.m. EST

With California under a state of emergency, countries in Asia and the Middle East further restricting travel and 300 million children facing school closures around the world, the coronavirus outbreak is exacting an escalating economic cost.

With deaths surpassing 3,000 and confirmed cases over 80,000, China remains by far the worst-hit country overall, and leader Xi Jinping on Thursday canceled a planned state visit to Japan. But the epidemic is now slowing in China, while other countries are seeing outbreaks grow rapidly. In South Korea, mass testing has turned up over 6,000 cases and more than 40 deaths. Italy has confirmed more than 3,000 cases, along with more than 100 deaths.

The full extent of the outbreak remains hard to ascertain, in part due to political considerations. Hospital data obtained by The Washington Post suggests that Iran, which has reported 107 deaths, may be vastly underestimating the epidemic’s impact. North Korea, another authoritarian state, has released little information about possible cases.

The United States confirmed its 11th death from the outbreak on Wednesday, along with more than 150 confirmed cases. Health experts have warned that the country may struggle to rapidly test thousands of Americans. President Trump downplayed worries on Wednesday evening, telling Fox News that a 3.4 percent mortality rate announced by the World Health Organization was “false” and suggesting it was under 1 percent. “This is really my hunch,” Trump said.

[...]
Last edited by Shirley on Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh good. A hunch!
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Grandma wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:45 am Hitting "home" for me.

Former home town (population under 10,000) and current home town of many friends and co-workers.
https://abc7chicago.com/5986567/

and... Being that I am supposed to fly in to LAX 3 weeks from yesterday....
https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... ources-say

and.....I am supposed to go to a Dodgers game while I am in LA.
https://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles ... loc=left_h

I do care about others and wish the virus on no one but I'm realizing that it's going to continue and expand in terms of how it will affect me - and I'm at the point where I am ticked off enough for asshole me to say - it sure would be nice if people in Asian countries stopped fucking/molesting/fondling/touching birds and bats and animals and then being responsible for spreading their viruses to the rest of the world.
Thoughts and Prayers.
Deleted User 289

Thoughts and prayers are a lot like hoaxes and hunches. Worthless.
Fuck thoughts and prayers and shove them up the people's asses who "offer" them.
How's that for a sunny Thursday attitude?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“Hoaxes” are not worthless in the context of its use by a potus to convince his supporters he shouldn’t have to account for himself.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I don't know why this is a problem, since the number of COVID-19 cases will go from 15 to nearly 0 in the United States over the next few days.

Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

For me it’s really not a thing until hollywood hosts a telethon. Or until the boss headlines a charity concert at msg.

When those two things happen I will take it serious.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:02 pm For me it’s really not a thing until hollywood hosts a telethon. Or until the boss headlines a charity concert at msg.

When those two things happen I will take it serious.
Something tells me that, in this case, a "serious" turn is highly unlikely to lead to a charity concert.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Grandma wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:45 am ...
I'm at the point where I am ticked off ... - it sure would be nice if people in Asian countries stopped fucking/molesting/fondling/touching birds and bats and animals and then being responsible for spreading their viruses to the rest of the world.
I know you are not a hunter and I don’t mean to single you out. However, let none of us forget that a lot of red-blooded Americans on this board have eaten wild rabbit, deer, squirrel, alligator, and rattlesnake. Some have spent big bucks to touch stingrays in the wild. One dude makes his living guiding people into the wild to catch and see the wild swimmers. Timmy and his ilk (reportedly) screw sheep. So we all should be careful with throwing stones and big paint brushes.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

soooo . . . . we're taking gutter seriously now?
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

He is not the only educated person on this board to make that claim. Besides, its overpopulation.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I find it hard to believe an educated person seriously believes COVID-19 started because of "bat fucking." But if so, it doesn't deserve a response and it's probably time for me to leave the thread.