Where's the petri dish thread?

Coffee talk.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Where's the petri dish thread?

Post by DCHawk1 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:53 pm I find it hard to believe an educated person seriously believes COVID-19 started because of "bat fucking." But if so, it doesn't deserve a response and it's probably time for me to leave the thread.
I find it hard to believe an educated person seriously believes COVID-19 started because of overpopulation.

But there it is.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

DrPepper wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:41 pm
Grandma wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:45 am ...
I'm at the point where I am ticked off ... - it sure would be nice if people in Asian countries stopped fucking/molesting/fondling/touching birds and bats and animals and then being responsible for spreading their viruses to the rest of the world.
I know you are not a hunter and I don’t mean to single you out. However, let none of us forget that a lot of red-blooded Americans on this board have eaten wild rabbit, deer, squirrel, alligator, and rattlesnake. Some have spent big bucks to touch stingrays in the wild. One dude makes his living guiding people into the wild to catch and see the wild swimmers. Timmy and his ilk (reportedly) screw sheep. So we all should be careful with throwing stones and big paint brushes.
I appreciate your not meaning to single me out. I fully understand Americans have contact with animals that can be “contaminated” thus causing the spread of viruses and diseases. Perhaps I shouldn’t have been so short sighted with my post but at the moment I am being bombarded by the repercussions of someone (or multiple people) from an Asian country who became “contaminated” supposedly due to contact with “contaminated” animals.
Sucks worse for them than it does for me but like most things in my life that suck, it didn’t have to happen and I am suffering because of it.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Moar T's & P's
Deleted User 289

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:53 pm I find it hard to believe an educated person seriously believes COVID-19 started because of "bat fucking." But if so, it doesn't deserve a response and it's probably time for me to leave the thread.
I don't believe the COVID-19 virus started because someone fucked a bat.
I do believe it very well could have started because someone came in contact with a "contaminated" bird/bat/animal.
People (not just Asians) fuck/molest/fondle/touch birds and bats and animals.
Because of it we have had multiple "viruses"/"epidemics"/"pandemics".
As I said to Dr., I shouldn't have been short sighted with my singling out a specific continent but let's be honest here. Asia happens to be responsible for where a lot of these "viruses/epidemics/pandemics" originate.
Deleted User 289

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:04 pm
I find it hard to believe an educated person seriously believes COVID-19 started because of overpopulation.

But there it is.
I think you were addressing CNB in terms of what Dr. Pepper posted but I am going to chime in.
I don't believe it started "because" of overpopulation but I do believe "overpopulation" very well could have played a major role.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Anyone else worried that the covering of everything and everyone with disinfectant is going to greatly speed up, or at least greatly increase the chances of, the introduction of an even worse superbug?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mjl wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:58 pm Anyone else worried that the covering of everything and everyone with disinfectant is going to greatly speed up, or at least greatly increase the chances of, the introduction of an even worse superbug?
[Amateur doctor voice)] I think situations like this are exactly what the various sterilizers, etc., are for, and the bigger issue is using them to combat the spread of ordinary viruses/germs. [/Amateur doctor voice)]
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I don’t think bleach and alcohol are known to induce any resistance. Anyone?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Alcohol does. I've been using it regularly and haven't contracted COVID-19. That's logic. Where's Lobster when you need him...
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Mjl wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:38 pm Alcohol does. I've been using it regularly and haven't contracted COVID-19.
My findings as well
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Works for me.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Colorado now too! Out of state visitor.

It’s surprising how many locals are all like GTFO of our state, as if their jobs don’t depend on y’all’s tourism dollars.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

also...

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:13 pm
Mjl wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:58 pm Anyone else worried that the covering of everything and everyone with disinfectant is going to greatly speed up, or at least greatly increase the chances of, the introduction of an even worse superbug?
[Amateur doctor voice)] I think situations like this are exactly what the various sterilizers, etc., are for, and the bigger issue is using them to combat the spread of ordinary viruses/germs. [/Amateur doctor voice)]
DrPepper wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:16 pm I don’t think bleach and alcohol are known to induce any resistance. Anyone?
Can antibacterial ingredients affect resistance to antibiotics?

Antibiotic resistance is a serious challenge for our world, but antibacterial products like bleach and other disinfectants aren't part of the problem.

Good hygiene, in which targeted use of disinfectants plays a crucial role, is a way of reducing the spread of resistance.

Laboratory studies have shown that some antibacterial ingredients might encourage antibiotic-resistant bacteria in artificial circumstances designed to favour them. Despite decades of using these ingredients, it just hasn't been found in the real world.

Bacteria can be 'trained'

Bacteria can use the same mechanism to reduce their sensitivity to a wide range of substances. And you can ‘train’ bacteria to tolerate higher and higher doses by exposing them to low doses that are insufficient to kill them. But take away the special ‘training’ conditions and the common, non-resistant strains take over again.

Bacteria can spit out what they don't like

For example, one of these mechanisms is called efflux and works via little ‘pumps’ in the walls of the bacterial cells that allow them to spit out things they don’t like. These pumps can be ‘switched on’ both by certain antibiotics and by certain anti-bacterial ingredients – but they can also be switched on by dozens of other common substances, including garlic, mustard, chilli and various other household products.

Bleach resistance is unlikely

For some ingredients it’s most unlikely that bacteria could develop tolerance because they literally take the bacteria apart
, rather than interfering with their workings. These ingredients may also decompose in the process, so there’s nothing for the bug to get used to. Such ingredients include sodium hypochlorite and peroxides, which are used in bleaches and by the human body to destroy invading bacteria. Alcohol evaporates after use.

[...]
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:17 pm also...

Dammit
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Maybe you should call Mike Pence?

Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:10 pm
Dammit
Bro it’s just a matter of mixing an antiviral cocktail with other higher proof booze to get it up to spec.

Tito’s, chartreuse, and 2 parts 151.

(80+110+151x2)/4

Pemdas that shit and you get 123.

Splash of bitters, twist of lime and, cheers! We just cured corona virus.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

"...within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."

Derek Cressman
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:13 pmIt’s surprising how many locals are all like GTFO of our state, as if their jobs don’t depend on y’all’s tourism dollars.
/s/ 80% of the countries with current travel bans (whom will have to print more $ in 2020-21).
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Now coronavirus in my county!