So...wut now?

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: So...wut now?

Post by Shirley »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:25 pm The young people. All hat and no cattle.
Yeah, "young people" haven't been fucked enough long enough by the older demographics to become sufficiently disillusioned and cynical to lose hope and start grabbing for their ever-shrinking slice of the pie, i.e., vote in adequate numbers, before we take the rest of the pie away.

But, "young people" do have one very large arrow in their quiver, besides time. Unlike boomers who had copious amounts of low/no interest assistance at their disposal to pay their much, much lower tuition rates, "young people", rightly or wrongly, are saddled with an unfathomable amount of student loan debt. BUT, once sufficient numbers of boomers age to the point where they need to unload their huge homes and downsize thereby flooding the market and "young people" can't afford to buy their homes because they're already holding so much student loan debt, the worm could quickly turn and home prices could fall precipitously, proving once again that there is a god.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Whoa, millennials might someday get to own homes too?!

*crosses fingers*
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Are you suggesting that Student loans are to blame for the dismal young people turnout 3 days ago.

You would think uncle burnie vowing to wipe out student debt would get them off the couch.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:54 pm Are you suggesting that Student loans are to blame for the dismal young people turnout 3 days ago.

You would think uncle burnie vowing to wipe out student debt would get them off the couch.
They'd have to put down their phones, and, like, drive or something. Too much work, bruh.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

The difference between the two is that Trump is a full-blown sexual predator, while Biden is just a run-of-the-mill creep.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:35 pm Whoa, millennials might someday get to own homes too?!

*crosses fingers*
What's keeping you from it?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

among other things, it would just help if home prices could fall precipitously
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Keep in mind that republicans controlled both houses in 2016. If Killary/Dowdy/Hilldog had won, we would have President Kaine now.

Cuz emails.
Broham
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:22 pm among other things, it would just help if home prices could fall precipitously
So that the rest of us that managed to get saved enough and to get a house and put sweat equity into it have to suffer and lose out on all of the efforts that were put into saving and purchasing? Im not a ton older than you.

You can get a house if thats what you want. Youre young and single. There are lots of cheap houses in need of some repair and tlc. Fix it up, build equity, improve the property. Sell it, use that nugget of capital to upgrade. If you want a house go get it.

But its much easier to play a victim of the times and bitch about it here right?
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:17 pm Keep in mind that republicans controlled both houses in 2016. If Killary/Dowdy/Hilldog had won, we would have President Kaine now.

Cuz emails.
I seriously doubt that. Think about what they accomplished in the last 35+ years on investigating the Clintons.....oral sex. That's it. How much time and effort did Gowdy (not to be confused with Dowdy) expend and what did he get, other than getting shown up as a buffoon? The Repubs are like the dog which chases the car - as long as the chase is on they are good; they catch the car and they have absolutely no idea why or what to do!!
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

TDub wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:38 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:22 pm among other things, it would just help if home prices could fall precipitously
So that the rest of us that managed to get saved enough and to get a house and put sweat equity into it have to suffer and lose out on all of the efforts that were put into saving and purchasing? Im not a ton older than you.

You can get a house if thats what you want. Youre young and single. There are lots of cheap houses in need of some repair and tlc. Fix it up, build equity, improve the property. Sell it, use that nugget of capital to upgrade. If you want a house go get it.

But its much easier to play a victim of the times and bitch about it here right?
Wow. You really told him!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sorry you dont care about what youve worked for....

Also i think this is where jeeper says something sbout being an official spokesman.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

He's Secretary of HUD.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:18 am He's Secretary of HUD.
He’s the Administration’s front person for what they want the stupid people to think what a smart person looks like......because surgeon!! Never mind he was a brain surgeon 😩
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I know that, the question is, does Trump?

Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:56 am
He’s the Administration’s front person
No he's not.

Again, however, your compulsion to exaggerate is a weird as it is off-putting.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:37 am Sorry you dont care about what youve worked for....

Also i think this is where jeeper says something sbout being an official spokesman.
i can’t speak to ousie’s situation, but i’ve worked my ass off for the last 20 years and can only now even think about buying a house...and that’s really only due to a recent inheritance

granted, my work was academic, so i do have a few pieces of paper with embossed lettering to show for it
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

TDub wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:37 am Sorry you dont care about what youve worked for....

I see that the battle to be the Illannoy replacement was short lived.
Congrats.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:07 pm

i can’t speak to ousie’s situation, but i’ve worked my ass off for the last 20 years and can only now even think about buying a house...and that’s really only due to a recent inheritance

granted, my work was academic, so i do have a few pieces of paper with embossed lettering to show for it
Took me 15 years or so too. Its not supposed to be easy. Its not a right. But if thats what you want snd set your sights on it is achievable.
Just Ledoux it