Where's the petri dish thread?

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Re: Where's the petri dish thread?

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Something is off there. Predicting 1 in every 3.5 (or so) people in the USA could/might/will get/have the virus?
Might as well say everyone could/might/will get it.
1 in every 700 or so Americans could/might/will die?
If it gets to that, I hope Trump and the CDC don't decide to nuke the parts of the country where it's most prevalent - but it might not be the worst idea.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

The point is that the American Hospital Association's "best guess" is that there will FIVE TIMES as many patients requiring hospitalization than there are hospital beds in the country, and more that TWELVE TIMES as many patients requiring the ICU than there are ICU beds available.

Granted, not all cases will require hospitalization at the same time, but this will still, nevertheless, overwhelm our health care system in ways we can't imagine.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

thebones wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:09 pm
Geezer wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:44 pm
thebones wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:20 pm Here's the local news about the Overland Park case:

https://www.kmbc.com/article/gov-kelly- ... s/31270604

Johnson County is a large area. The administrators should tell the public generally what neighborhood this person is in "home isolation". PV? Olathe? Mission? Where? That's actionable information.

No, let's just leave it vague enough so everyone think's it's not their particular Hyvee or Price Chopper they've visited the last 21 days.
The near void of any specific information just creates a vacuum which is soon filled with rumor.
Not the way to deal with a potential epidemic.
And I am just a normal guy who sees the disinformation which causes me paranoia.
Then stop getting your news information from reddit.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Grandma wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:54 am Something is off there. Predicting 1 in every 3.5 (or so) people in the USA could/might/will get/have the virus?
Might as well say everyone could/might/will get it.
1 in every 700 or so Americans could/might/will die?
If it gets to that, I hope Trump and the CDC don't decide to nuke the parts of the country where it's most prevalent - but it might not be the worst idea.
Good grief.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Surgeon general says he thinks coronavirus is contained in certain areas of the country

Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams told Jake Tapper on CNN’s “State of the Union” today that he thinks the outbreak of the coronavirus is being contained in certain areas.

This claim comes as the number of cases has risen to more than 440 in the US. There have been 19 deaths and cases now span 32 states and the District of Columbia.

“If we had massive numbers of cases we would be seeing more deaths. And so we actually feel pretty good that some parts of the country have contained it just like when you look at the flu. And when we look at the the flu tracker, some parts of the country are having much more severe flu seasons. Some are having very mild flu seasons. The same thing for Coronavirus,” Adams said.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said the passengers aboard the Grand Princess cruise ship, currently off the coast of California, should “absolutely not” be left on the ship. Fauci made those comments on “Fox News Sunday.”

[...]
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

And yet...

Doctors in Seattle have been informed that there will be no more testing of patients because it's considered "endemic" in the city.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:34 pm And yet...

Doctors in Seattle have been informed that there will be no more testing of patients because it's considered "endemic" in the city.
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jfc
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TraditionKU wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:51 pmjfc
If you don't look, it isn't there.

And, Trump likes the numbers where they are:

Derek Cressman
Deleted User 89

but he, and the state department were totally fine with the other cruise ship passengers coming back (the source of the utah case)

fucking numbnuts
Deleted User 89

i’ll preface this by saying that i don’t want anyone getting sick, let alone dying....

but, it would serve this administration right if this thing blew up in their faces (more than it already has)
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

TraditionKU wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:28 pm i’ll preface this by saying that i don’t want anyone getting sick, let alone dying....

but, it would serve this administration right if this thing blew up in their faces (more than it already has)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

I posted the bit last night about CPAC. The guy who runs CPAC introduced and shook hands with POTUS and VPOTUS after meeting with and have conversations with the guy who tested positive.

If one of them gets it, then whole mutherfucking arc of the response changes instantly.

I agree with you; I don't want anyone getting sick. But it would certainly motivate their fat asses.
Deleted User 89

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:54 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:28 pm i’ll preface this by saying that i don’t want anyone getting sick, let alone dying....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

I posted the bit last night about CPAC. The guy who runs CPAC introduced and shook hands with POTUS and VPOTUS after meeting with and have conversations with the guy who tested positive.

If one of them gets it, then whole mutherfucking arc of the response changes instantly.

I agree with you; I don't want anyone getting sick. But it would certainly motivate their fat asses.
shoulda read more of that...i didn’t realize the hand shakes took place
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Hope they tell him that he doesn't meet the criteria for testing.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:18 pm
Is he really at risk with his head so far up Trumps ass?

On the plus side, 24 days of no Teddy C is a win
Last edited by Deleted User 62 on Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

So...uhh...karma?

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Lovely
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:37 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:11 pm Ahhh fuck.

Just canceled SXSW.

Boomer and Gen-X hipsters gonna be pissed!
$500 million loss to the city of Austin. In taxes alone.
Many hundreds of businesses rely on SXSW AND ACL. Without one, they are fucked.
Looks like it may become a permanent thing.

Good God.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/south-by-s ... 1583711311

The chief executive of South by Southwest said organizers are unsure how they will keep the festival going after the city canceled it because of the novel coronavirus, which he said could cost them millions.

Austin officials on Friday pulled the plug on the tech, music and movie event, citing the threat of the coronavirus outbreak. The move dealt a devastating blow to the finances of the festival, whose insurance doesn’t cover disease-related cancellations, South by Southwest co-founder and Chief Executive Roland Swenson said in an interview Sunday.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Trump is too busy golfing to give a shit right now...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦