Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by Shirley »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:35 am
Feral wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:41 pm

Where's that trump administration quote? Don't see it anywhere in the article the tweet links to...weird.
I wondered that before posting it too. Then I noticed it started with a riff on Condoleezza Rice's 9/11 claim that: "...no-one could have predicted that they would try to use an airplane as a missile...", and that convinced me it was satire... That no one responsible for building the wall could have predicted that people would tunnel under it, yada, yada.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

👍
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

seahawk wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:52 am Tennessee doctor got his GOP rep to overrule CDC & repatriate infected cruise ship passengers.

This is how California got infected with Covid-19, and why we have a Covid-19 infected California woman who never left California fighting for her life now at a California hospital. As Rachel Maddow mentioned tonight, a Covid-19 infected Tennessee doctor from the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan got his GOP Representative to pull strings in the Trump administration to overrule the CDC & repatriate the infected passengers. The CDC wanted the Covid-19 positive passengers to stay in Japan, and only have passengers who tested negative be repatriated. Trump's State Department ultimately overruled the CDC.

Tennessee doctor sparked evacuation from cruise ship

A Tennessee doctor with a friend in Congress was instrumental in bringing home hundreds of Americans who were stuck in Asia on a coronavirus-laden cruise ship, according to a new report detailing the government decision to evacuate the ship.

Dr. Arnold Hopland, who runs a clinic in Elizabethton, remains quarantined in Japan with his wife, Jeanie, who has tested positive for coronavirus. The couple were passengers on the Diamond Princess, a cruise ship where about 3,700 people were quarantined in their cabins for weeks as the infection spread.

While Hopland remains in Asia, his calls to Tennessee Rep. Phil Roe appear to be at least partially responsible for the decision to rescue other Americans from the ship. Hopland, who is friends with Roe, detailed the deteriorating conditions on the ship to the congressman, who then pushed the State Department to bring the travelers home.

In the end, Hopland's details and Roe's urging prompted officials to finally evacuate the ship, according to a deeply-soudeeply-sourced report by The Washington Post. "That tipped the balance," an unnamed senior administration official told the Post.

https://www.columbiadailyherald.com/new ... ruise-ship
Wow. Something tells me that Representative Roe might not be so happy now about the credit he was receiving a week ago. What's the likelihood he has deleted this, from his web site:

Roe, a Republican representing northeast Tennessee who is also a doctor, confirmed in a statement on his website that he got “invaluable first-hand accounts” from the Diamond Princess from Hopland and then urged federal agencies to evacuate Americans.

“I am relieved to hear that American citizens quarantined on the Diamond Princess off the coast of Japan will be evacuated to the United States for medical evaluation and any necessary care,” Roe said in a written statement. “I applaud the administration for this decision, which I know was not easy given the rapidly-changing situation.”
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I suppose it's time to pluralize the title of this thread :(
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Was this mentioned in the Petri dish thread?
Trump identified the first Coronavirus victim as a wonderful WOMAN in her late 50s.
WRONG! It was a MAN.
I can give him a slight break because allegedly it was Dr. Robert Redfield who briefed Trump (and Pence).
Cool! We had CDC and a President who couldn't get the gender of the first victim right - so we should all feel we're in good hands with our "stable geniuses" at the helm.

chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Grandma wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:25 am Was this mentioned in the Petri dish thread?
Trump identified the first Coronavirus victim as a wonderful WOMAN in her late 50s.
WRONG! It was a MAN.
I can give him a slight break because allegedly it was Dr. Robert Redfield who briefed Trump (and Pence).
Cool! We had CDC and a President who couldn't get the gender of the first victim right - so we should all feel we're in good hands with our "stable geniuses" at the helm.

"Wonderful Woman".
Deleted User 289

I'm actually excited to hear President Dumbfuck speak tonight. Not happy about the subject but interested to see if there is any chance he could possibly be humble.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:31 pm I'm actually excited to hear President Dumbfuck speak tonight. Not happy about the subject but interested to see if there is any chance he could possibly be humble.
As my dear old Dad used to say, "The chances are slim and none, and Slim just left town."
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 289

My take - Some High School age White House Intern wrote a lousy speech that Trump did a fair at best job of reading. Hardly informative. Highlight was Trump announcing he's suspending all travel from Europe for at least 30 days - and reassuring Americans the United States is a great country.
Deleted User 289

The European travel ban - Might not have been a bad idea for the giant orange dildo to discuss it with the "leaders" of the European nations that are affected. Or at least give them a heads up he was going to do it before he announced it.
I'm about to deal with an airline, hotel, and car rental service - and since I'm a dumbass, I paid everything upfront. I figure it is going to be a hassle to get my money back - or at least a refund - and that it's not going to happen too quickly.
Of course there are worse things. I can and will put it in perspective.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Grandma wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:25 am The European travel ban - Might not have been a bad idea for the giant orange dildo to discuss it with the "leaders" of the European nations that are affected. Or at least give them a heads up he was going to do it before he announced it.
I'm about to deal with an airline, hotel, and car rental service - and since I'm a dumbass, I paid everything upfront. I figure it is going to be a hassle to get my money back - or at least a refund - and that it's not going to happen too quickly.
We are not required to get an ok from European leaders to do what we think is best for the nation. If the European leaders didnt think it was a good idea should we listen, should we let that impact what our decisions are for the country?
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

He might have given them a head's up.
Broham
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:58 am He might have given them a head's up.
A heads up wouldve been appropriate. But I dont think it required a "discussion" necessarily.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

TDub wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:49 am
Grandma wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:25 am The European travel ban - Might not have been a bad idea for the giant orange dildo to discuss it with the "leaders" of the European nations that are affected. Or at least give them a heads up he was going to do it before he announced it.
We are not required to get an ok from European leaders to do what we think is best for the nation. If the European leaders didnt think it was a good idea should we listen, should we let that impact what our decisions are for the country?
You are right, "We" are not "required" to get an ok from European leaders to do what we think is best for OUR nation.
The problem is this action affects what may or may not be "best" for the other nations it impacts.
Question, did you bother to take 5 minutes today to see/read/hear the reactions from European leaders? If you did, you would see/read/hear their legitimate gripes and perhaps understand why it probably would have been best for Trump to give them a head's up.
Deleted User 303

Post by Deleted User 303 »

Deleted User 289

Hey man - The guy had a crisis on his hands. He had some ink on his shirt. Hopefully someone got him some white stuff - which perhaps he snorted?
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

TDub wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:08 am
A heads up wouldve been appropriate. But I dont think it required a "discussion" necessarily.
Yeah, European leaders might have asked in a discussion why countries where Trump has golf courses and resorts were being left out of the ban.

“The United Kingdom, which is home to Trump Turnberry and Trump International Golf Links, and Ireland — which is home to another Trump-branded hotel and golf course at Doonbeg — do not participate in the Schengen Area,” Heath observes. “Bulgaria, Croatia and Romania are also not part of the Schengen Area. All three of the resorts are struggling financially.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/trumps ... ifications

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/1 ... rts-126808
Don't inject Lysol.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

seahawk wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:25 am
TDub wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:08 am
Yeah, European leaders might have asked in a discussion why countries where Trump has golf courses and resorts were being left out of the ban.

“The United Kingdom, which is home to Trump Turnberry and Trump International Golf Links, and Ireland — which is home to another Trump-branded hotel and golf course at Doonbeg — do not participate in the Schengen Area,” Heath observes. “Bulgaria, Croatia and Romania are also not part of the Schengen Area. All three of the resorts are struggling financially.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/trumps ... ifications

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/1 ... rts-126808
Our Omaha coronavirus cases all originated in the UK, yet magically they arent on the travel ban.

Our idiot President in a nut shell.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Ghost of dotNET past wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:40 am I'll leave this here.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-t ... 7ef11703e8
That was kinda fun.

Fuuuuuck
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto