Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by twocoach »

Grandma wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:52 pm I'm not opposed to that at all. As long as it doesn't get too extreme - but who is the ultimate decided of that?
Anyways, sort of reminds me of a story I saw on the news or 60 Minutes many years ago.
It was about education in Asian countries compared to the USA.
Someone asked an Asian kid who moved from an Asian country to the USA what he felt the difference was in the country's educational systems. He basically said, in my country (where he came from) we are taught to respect our teachers and the best students are the popular ones and are admired by their peers. In the USA, kids don't respect their teachers and if you are a good student you are considered a nerd and are ostracized by your peers.
It seems that some in our our society look down on the educated, the smart, the successful, the wealthy and anyone in a position of power more and more every year.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:28 pm The catch may be having authorities worthy of respect.
Lee Kwan Yew (the first PM of Singapore) was the definition of "benevolent dictator" if there ever was one. He was not really feared but respected for what he did to Singapore. My cousins grew up there (until high school) as their parents were expats working for US-based companies. When we spoke about "not having freedoms" their immediate response was that I don't think we miss not having the freedom to vandalize public property and generally act like a$$holes.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:44 pm
Grandma wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:52 pm I'm not opposed to that at all. As long as it doesn't get too extreme - but who is the ultimate decided of that?
Anyways, sort of reminds me of a story I saw on the news or 60 Minutes many years ago.
It was about education in Asian countries compared to the USA.
Someone asked an Asian kid who moved from an Asian country to the USA what he felt the difference was in the country's educational systems. He basically said, in my country (where he came from) we are taught to respect our teachers and the best students are the popular ones and are admired by their peers. In the USA, kids don't respect their teachers and if you are a good student you are considered a nerd and are ostracized by your peers.
It seems that some in our our society look down on the educated, the smart, the successful, the wealthy and anyone in a position of power more and more every year.
You poor thing.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

* Post deleted.
Never-mind. I really shouldn't care enough to post tweets from the Trump family.
We all know they are clueless egotistical fuckwads.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i'd like to see a figure for the number of trump tweets during the Obama presidency that "didn't age well"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Asked if he took responsibility for the lag in making tests available for the coronavirus, Trump responded “I don’t take responsibility at all.”
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:51 am i'd like to see a figure for the number of trump tweets during the Obama presidency that "didn't age well"
All of them.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:18 pm Asked if he took responsibility for the lag in making tests available for the coronavirus, Trump responded “I don’t take responsibility at all.”
The campaign ads write themselves
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

zsn wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:18 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:18 pm Asked if he took responsibility for the lag in making tests available for the coronavirus, Trump responded “I don’t take responsibility at all.”
The campaign ads write themselves
Yea they should help Biden obtain his coveted Senate seat he's apparenrtly running for....
Just Ledoux it
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

chiknbut wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:23 am
He sounds like a pointy headed liberal elitist.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

"">
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 289

seahawk wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:07 pm "">
That's a perfect example of why I am known to say we live in a shit country.
100% inexcusable and unacceptable. Shameful!
I know people, I could go live in another country.
When I retire I plan to have a home in another country - to escape to.
Deleted User 289

Mother Fucker is speaking right now. WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT!!!!
All he cares about is money.
He is so out of touch with the rest of the country. I can't believe how clueless he is.
It's astonishing to listen to him.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:18 pm Mother Fucker is speaking right now. WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT!!!!
All he cares about is money.
He is so out of touch with the rest of the country. I can't believe how clueless he is.
It's astonishing to listen to him.
So, you’re saying you’re kind of ambivalent about DJT, then? 🙄
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 289

^^^^
Not exactly.

President Fuckwad was telling the world how "it's really good news, it's great for our country" and that he's "very happy" and that "the people in the market should be thrilled" the Fed stepped up (maybe I should say down) last night and lowered rates to basically 0.
How happy is he right that we were limit down on the open and are currently down over 2,000 points (8+%)?
I know, not really his fault but I still say Fuck him and his old orange balls.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Grandma wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:38 am ^^^^
Not exactly.

President Fuckwad was telling the world how "it's really good news, it's great for our country" and that he's "very happy" and that "the people in the market should be thrilled" the Fed stepped up (maybe I should say down) last night and lowered rates to basically 0.
How happy is he right that we were limit down on the open and are currently down over 2,000 points (8+%)?
I know, not really his fault but I still say Fuck him and his old orange balls.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

lol...that’s pretty good
Deleted User 289

Almost puked when he gave himself a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10 today - when he was asked to rate how he feels he's handled the crisis so far.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

A stupid answer to a stupid question.

But at least the questioner got what he wanted...