Where's the petri dish thread?

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 141

Re: Where's the petri dish thread?

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Today started our family spring break trip. I decided to stay home and work, as I might not have work for much longer. Just don’t know. And not that 3-4 days of added income really matters big picture, it helps mentally. Because, what do we really know right now?

Sorry Ousdahl, I was still gonna come and sit in your drive way with the windows up and wave at ya in lieu of watching a KU game, but that just won’t be possible now.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Did I mention last night how embarrassing our nation's response has been? It's shameful.

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:06 pm save for a handful of posters, this board is a microcosm on Americans' response

those that lean right, bury there heads in the sand and dangerously downplay what is going on
Minus the internet deviants and malcontents(they don’t count anyways) I have not encountered one live person that has their head buried in the sand and is dangerously downplaying. Every person I have encountered has their eyes wide open and understands exactly the circumstances.

If I were you I would not gage the temperature of the folks based on the goings ons on the social media’s.
Deleted User 141

Friend of mine that has lived in China teaching for 10 years has been traveling in Vietnam the last two weeks. Her posts the last couple days have included her Airbnb originally being canceled as the host didn’t want an American staying there. She explained she has lived there for 10 years and reservation un-canceled.

Also posted that she order hit and spicy food that made her nose run and she noticed those around her looking at her anxiously as she’s obviously a westerner.

I trust this as a microcosm to how the rest of the world views America’s response (lack of) leading up to now.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

As I've posted before, the US is on the verge of becoming thee hotbed for the virus.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I liked America before Trump turned us into a third world country.

Derek Cressman
Deleted User 141

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:48 pm As I've posted before, the US is on the verge of becoming thee hotbed for the virus.
She stated that he host didn’t want visitors from known hot spots, assuming she was from US.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:32 pm Did I mention last night how embarrassing our nation's response has been? It's shameful.

It is shameful. It is equally shameful, however, to spout nonsensical bs about the country waging a war on science and to parrot CCP talking points.

And for the record, I'm not accusing you of doing either, but Trista Parsi (who works for Andrew Bacevich and who thus should know better) is.

It's OK to be angry. It's NECESSARY to be angry. It's OK to be critical. It's NECESSARY to be critical. But being a cunt about it, like Parsi is, is only going to exacerbate the problem, just as we reach a critical moment.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:48 pm As I've posted before, the US is on the verge of becoming thee hotbed for the virus.
You keep posting this as if you actually know what you are talking about. Like some expert or something.

Will you be disappointed if your prediction does not come true?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

This all reminds me of a movie by George Romero called Project Trixie. I hope the break from the parallel is that in our road ahead the guns don't come out.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I wonder why "conservative" republicans are so comfortable lying and aiding and abetting liars? No wonder they try to undermine science and facts so relentlessly. smh

The operator of the Maryland hotel which recently hosted a major conservative political convention has denied claims by conservative activist Matt Schlapp that state health officials “did 2,000 screens all around the hotel” for the coronavirus after an attendee tested positive for the disease.

Schlapp said Monday on Twitter and later in a Fox News interview that Maryland health officials had told his American Conservative Union that those screenings were done after they learned a man at the Conservative Political Action Conference had been diagnosed with the coronavirus days after the conference ended Feb. 29.

Several members of Congress announced Monday that they were self-quarantining because they had contact in late February with the man during CPAC at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, which is located in National Harbor, just outside of Washington, D.C.

The annual conference run by ACU is a highlight of conservatives’ calendars, and was attended by President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence this year.

“They did 2,000 screens all around the hotel,” Schlapp told Fox News host Laura Ingraham via Skype from his home, where he was in self-quarantine because of his exposure to the same CPAC attendee.

[...]
Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:01 pm
You keep posting this as if you actually know what you are talking about. Like some expert or something.

Good God.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:01 pm

Only a simple-minded fool could not understand the math, logic, and real-time case studies.

Of course, I'd be thrilled if the virus magically disappeared.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:03 pm I wonder why "conservative" republicans are so comfortable lying and aiding and abetting liars? No wonder they try to undermine science and facts so relentlessly. smh

This is almost as fucking dumb as Trump saying yesterday that we're screening everyone at points of entry.

It's not just that they lie; it's that they lie so poorly.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I still don't understand why we're waiting on "kits".

If the test is by RT-PCR, you get the primers and the enzymes and you can test thousands of people.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:57 pm
Feral wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:32 pm Did I mention last night how embarrassing our nation's response has been? It's shameful.

It is shameful. It is equally shameful, however, to spout nonsensical bs about the country waging a war on science and to parrot CCP talking points.

And for the record, I'm not accusing you of doing either, but Trista Parsi (who works for Andrew Bacevich and who thus should know better) is.

It's OK to be angry. It's NECESSARY to be angry. It's OK to be critical. It's NECESSARY to be critical. But being a cunt about it, like Parsi is, is only going to exacerbate the problem, just as we reach a critical moment.
"It is equally shameful to spout...and to parrot CCP talking points".

So, he's a republican member of congress?

#whoknew
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Grandma wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:41 am I went to a Target, a 7-11, and a UPS Store this morning.......
* Impossible not to notice cashiers are 2 or 3 feet away from customers. Hardly "social distancing". Not much they can do about it. They are handling cash, touching items others have touched, etc.
I feel bad for those who are nervous. They need to work to make a living and there isn't much they can do to protect themselves.
* Target store is/was sold out of toilet paper. A 20 something year old girl says to a random person, "What about people who really need toilet paper"? Of course asshole me chimes in, "Cleary everyone really needs toilet paper - that's why they are sold out". Other girl says, "If you are completely out you could knock on your neighbor's door and ask them to borrow some". Other random person - "How do you know if your neighbor has the coronavirus - I wouldn't do that".
Later the cashier told me she just had a woman tell her she didn't want the cashier to touch her items and the woman asked her AFTER she used the shopping cart if the shopping cart had been sanitized today.
Unreal.
* At 7-11 I witnessed a customer cough in his hand and then reach in his pocket and hand the cashier cash.
Unreal.
* At the UPS Store I asked the employee if they had been busy or if business has been slow. He told me he had a customer yesterday who asked him if he had any Asian customers come in. The customer told him, "The Asians are contaminated".
Unreal.

Actually, these days "unreal" is very real.
VOTE FOR BERNIE!

seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Interesting video about the need to close the wet markets in China where these viruses find a haven.

Don't inject Lysol.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Hi, we’re calling to request two things. First, we’re concerned about the virus so can y’all make sure to take extra time and care in cleaning our room? And second, can y’all make sure that extra time doesn’t take too long, cuz we’d also like an early checkin.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Just received an email from work - Continued mandatory work from home for the "foreseeable future".
One word response from me = JUNK!
Especially since I live so close to work and am now "on call".
Sorry, "this" isn't about me.
Carry on.