Where's the petri dish thread?

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 89

Re: Where's the petri dish thread?

Post by Deleted User 89 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:35 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:06 pm save for a handful of posters, this board is a microcosm on Americans' response

those that lean right, bury there heads in the sand and dangerously downplay what is going on
Minus the internet deviants and malcontents(they don’t count anyways) I have not encountered one live person that has their head buried in the sand and is dangerously downplaying. Every person I have encountered has their eyes wide open and understands exactly the circumstances.

If I were you I would not gage the temperature of the folks based on the goings ons on the social media’s.
i completely agree, and this is the only "social media" site that visit. all other impressions are from conversations with friends and family, and extended family
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:05 pm
Feral wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:03 pm I wonder why "conservative" republicans are so comfortable lying and aiding and abetting liars? No wonder they try to undermine science and facts so relentlessly. smh

This is almost as fucking dumb as Trump saying yesterday that we're screening everyone at points of entry.

It's not just that they lie; it's that they lie so poorly.
but yet there is a non-insignificant portion of the country that believes the lies
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

On Wednesday Beavis of Hollyweird was working on 2 shows. Today he's waiting to find out if the last one goes on hiatus.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:35 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:06 pm save for a handful of posters, this board is a microcosm on Americans' response

those that lean right, bury there heads in the sand and dangerously downplay what is going on
Minus the internet deviants and malcontents(they don’t count anyways) I have not encountered one live person that has their head buried in the sand and is dangerously downplaying. Every person I have encountered has their eyes wide open and understands exactly the circumstances.

If I were you I would not gage the temperature of the folks based on the goings ons on the social media’s.
I just finished arguing with the wife of my cousin on Facebook about some nonsense post she shared about H1N1 and about how this is all some witch hunt by the media and the Dems to screw up the economy to make Trump look bad.

She isnt some nondescript social media user. She is a college educated, church goer married to a retired Navy officer who is Example A of what happens.when you are so invested in your "side" that you lost your grip on reality. It was really unsettling to read such nonsense from a woman I otherwise love and respect.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I heard there are only about a million hospital beds in America, and they’re already about 85% full
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

We are starting to get project cancellations now.

I figured this one was coming, but as late as early February the client said this project in Miami was still on and to get ready to devote engineers to this on an aggressive schedule. We have been working on preliminary calculations and budgets for 6 months. I got the official word that they pulled the plug today and obviously corona virus effects on cash flow was a big factor. So far my bigger projects seem to be in no danger of stoppage, but shit can change on a dime.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/travel/fl- ... story.html
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:22 pm I heard there are only about a million hospital beds in America, and they’re already about 85% full
In for profit healthcare, an empty bed generates no revenue.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Watching this news conference is making me ill.
Derek Cressman
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Feral wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:00 pm Watching this news conference is making me ill.
I couldn't help but to notice that lady's damn teeth. Yikes.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

japhy wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:46 pm We are starting to get project cancellations now.

I figured this one was coming, but as late as early February the client said this project in Miami was still on and to get ready to devote engineers to this on an aggressive schedule. We have been working on preliminary calculations and budgets for 6 months. I got the official word that they pulled the plug today and obviously corona virus effects on cash flow was a big factor. So far my bigger projects seem to be in no danger of stoppage, but shit can change on a dime.

You need some tax breaks.
Broham
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I hate to say it, but I think she, Dr. Deborah Birx, lied to us.
Derek Cressman
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'm working from home today. I had Ancient Aliens on in the background and switched over to trump's press conference. Had to change back. AA is more believable.
Broham
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Feral wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:00 pm Watching this news conference is making me ill.
You don't love the infomercial, "And here's Drugs R Us" who will be offering a bit of their parking lot, and here is Tests For U, who are so happy that they'll be paid for far more expensive tests than those that would have available from a foreign alternative, and "For you all to know, we did everything as early as possible and if we didn't it was all the fault of the Obama administration. Who handled the Swine Flu so badly that millions and millions of people died."

"And I don't know who I stood next to and I'm not infected, because just watch me shake hands with everyone speaking here and patting them on the back. But sometime in the future I'll get a test done. Because public private partnership."

And for all those of you out of work, you'll be glad to know that we're buying oil.
Don't inject Lysol.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

seahawk wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:33 pm
You don't love the infomercial, "And here's Drugs R Us" who will be offering a bit of their parking lot, and here is Tests For U, who are so happy that they'll be paid for far more expensive tests than those that would have available from a foreign alternative, and "For you all to know, we did everything as early as possible and if we didn't it was all the fault of the Obama administration. Who handled the Swine Flu so badly that millions and millions of people died."

"And I don't know who I stood next to and I'm not infected, because just watch me shake hands with everyone speaking here and patting them on the back. But sometime in the future I'll get a test done. Because public private partnership."

And for all those of you out of work, you'll be glad to know that we're buying oil.
You'd think, after Wednesday night, that he'd at least bother to read the speech over before getting in front of a national TV audience.

ugh
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:10 pm
japhy wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:46 pm We are starting to get project cancellations now.

You need some tax breaks.
This motherfucker gets it! Thank you!

We are the canary in the coal mine. Idle consultants lead to idle construction workers, leads to idle factories and increased consumer debt defaults.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Do you always talk that dirty, or just when you’re getting your servicing?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'm just here to help.
Broham
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:05 pm
Feral wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:03 pm I wonder why "conservative" republicans are so comfortable lying and aiding and abetting liars? No wonder they try to undermine science and facts so relentlessly. smh

This is almost as fucking dumb as Trump saying yesterday that we're screening everyone at points of entry.

It's not just that they lie; it's that they lie so poorly.
I'm so sorry DC, I take it all back:

Derek Cressman