Where's the petri dish thread?

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: Where's the petri dish thread?

Post by ousdahl »

On a related note, just drove by the weed store and saw a line out the door.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:06 pm On a related note, just drove by the weed store and saw a line out the door.
Now that makes sense.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Since we got the Democratic Florida Man in the other thread, only reasonable to get the Republican Florida Man in this thread. This fucking cunt:

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

And allow me to present the angriest you’ll see a Canadian:

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:41 pm Since we got the Democratic Florida Man in the other thread, only reasonable to get the Republican Florida Man in this thread. This fucking cunt:

He’s got Judy and Pdub’s vote.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

That reminds me, Ousie tells me PDub watches foX AnD frienDS!
Deleted User 141

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:37 pm That reminds me, Ousie tells me PDub watches foX AnD frienDS!
Only when eating at crowded Red Robins
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I get people wanting to exercise their freedom and prove their badassery.

But to risk COVID, death, or at least transmission to vulnerable populations for Red Robin? Really? I mean...steak fries are fucking gross.
Deleted User 141

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:51 pm I get people wanting to exercise their freedom and prove their badassery.

But to risk COVID, death, or at least transmission to vulnerable populations for Red Robin? Really? I mean...steak fries are fucking gross.
Yeah but unlimited. *see:Olive Garden breadsticks and salad (the salad is delicious, even if it’s lettuce mix from 1986).
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Illinois bars and restaurants all closed for dine in starting tomorrow evening.
Panic in grocery stores right now.
Fucking chaotic!
This country fucking sucks in terms of dealing with a crisis.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Grandma wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:21 pm Illinois bars and restaurants all closed for dine in starting tomorrow evening.
Fucking chaotic!
Its not this country, its humanity. Were hardwired to treat crisis like its us against everyone.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote:...We're hardwired to treat crisis like its us against everyone.
Germans too?

(I'm reading that this has been confirmed.)

President Donald Trump reportedly tried to poach German scientists working on a cure for the coronavirus so he could secure exclusive rights to a potential vaccine for the US only.

Newspaper WELT am Sonntag reported that Trump's administration had offered large sums of cash to Germany-based biotech company CureVac to secure rights for the vaccine work, "but only for the USA."

The German government is battling back, offering financial incentives to the company to remain in Germany.

Karl Lauterbach, a senior German politician and professor of epidemiology, said in response to the report: "The exclusive sale of a possible vaccine to the USA must be prevented by all means. Capitalism has limits."

CureVac said it has been in contact with many organizations and global authorities, but denied "rumors of an acquisition" in a statement Sunday to Business Insider. [...]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

CureVac CEO Daniel Menichella Discusses Coronavirus Vaccine Development with U.S. President Donald Trump and Members of Coronavirus Task Force

03-03-2020

TÜBINGEN, Germany/ Boston – March 02, 2020 – Daniel Menichella, CEO of biopharmaceutical company CureVac, was today invited to the White House to discuss strategies and opportunities for the rapid development and production of a coronavirus vaccine with U.S. President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, members of the White House Coronavirus Task Force and high-ranking representatives of pharmaceutical and biotech companies working on the outbreak’s response.

In the discussion, Menichella highlighted the potential of CureVac's mRNA platform for vaccine development based on mRNA technology. "We are very confident that we will be able to develop a potent vaccine candidate within a few months, said CureVac CEO Daniel Menichella. “We can rely on the data of a Phase 1 rabies study in which we were able to immunize all participants with a very low dose. On this basis, we are working intensively to achieve a very low dose for the CoV vaccine as well. In addition, CureVac has a GMP-certified production facility which enables us to produce up to ten million vaccine doses in one production run.” ...

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 289

TDub wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:28 pm
Grandma wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:21 pm Illinois bars and restaurants all closed for dine in starting tomorrow evening.
Fucking chaotic!
Its not this country, its humanity. Were hardwired to treat crisis like its us against everyone.
You're right it is humanity but a big part of it is this country. Italy, China, etc. the people are being smart, listening and respecting competent leadership, not being greedy, etc.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Grandma wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:32 pm
Fucking chaotic!
You're right it is humanity but a big part of it is this country. Italy, China, etc. the people are being smart, listening and respecting competent leadership, not being greedy, etc.
There are a lot of people here doing the same thing.

We also know that in other infected countries, there have been outbreaks caused by a minority of people that did not listen to their health officials and spread it in their communities.

Everyone here is disappointed that the US was caught off-guard with this, but the real time test cases gives us an opportunity to learn from those test cases' successes and mistakes.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Fucking chaotic!
Because in italy currently there is a lockdown. 1 designated person per household can leave and get suppliea during specified days/hours. In other areas the government is dispersing food and supplies.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Fucking chaotic!
Also this. Sounds like italians were listening and respecting competent leadership....
DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:43 am
Feral wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:01 am
holidaysmore wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:53 am In the same amount S Padre was still doing concerts and events.

College towns are even worse. Cancel school so that all the students will just meet up at the bars later. If I was the same age and knew that my entire semester would now be online I would have probably done the same thing.

Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

My response to a friend - I'm already very angry about the entire situation. I can't buy toilet paper, I can't buy meat in the grocery store/s, I can't go to a restaurant, I can't go to PUBLIC places such as the Lincoln Park zoo, I can't shop at stores that are closing their doors, I can't attend sporting events nor watch them on TV, I can't go to work, etc., etc.; etc. POSSIBLY all because a country (not ours) that absolutely knew the risks of having "wet markets" still allowed them to exist.

And... The crazy thing is "this" could be a whole lot worse. I couldn't even imagine if it was spreading as fast as some/many/most "experts" felt it would.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Search “Compulsory licensing of pharmaceuticals” in your favorite engine. Most notable one is India granting one for indigenous production of Nexavar (sorafenib)

WTO allows countries to extend a huge middle finger in a (practically) legal manner