Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:16 am
TDub wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:27 am Last night all the local bars were offering half off deals before thw ban goes into effect today. They were packed. Brilliant.
Situations like these just highlight why it is that good behavior has to be forced upon the majority of people by government legislation. I have always felt that too many people are too inherently selfish to sacrifice their own happiness and comfort for the greater good.

When given the opportunity to prove me wrong about that, the country has failed miserably.
A totalitarian at heart.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:32 am
TDub wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:27 am Last night all the local bars were offering half off deals before thw ban goes into effect today. They were packed. Brilliant.
Situations like these just highlight why it is that good behavior has to be forced upon the majority of people by government legislation. I have always felt that too many people are too inherently selfish to sacrifice their own happiness and comfort for the greater good.

When given the opportunity to prove me wrong about that, the country has failed miserably.
A totalitarian at heart.
As babies, we all begin our lives as completely selfish beings. We scream when we need food, attention or comfort. Some people just never grow out of their selfish toddler beginnings. They are out at bars and restaurants flipping the bird at the rest of society.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:16 am

A totalitarian at heart.
As babies, we all begin our lives as completely selfish beings. We scream when we need food, attention or comfort. Some people just never grow out of their selfish toddler beginnings. They are out at bars and restaurants flipping the bird at the rest of society.
They grow up to be Republicans
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

A totalitarian at heart.
Yeah. Wonder why that is. Thank God you're here to "force" good behavior on them.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

From the looks of the beaches near me, someone needs to.
Don't inject Lysol.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^

Same with the ski slopes here. And the other attractions. And the restaurants and bars.

Except that all that shit is closed. But instead of heeding the reasons why they’re closed and STAYING THE FUCK AT HOME, y’all are just hanging out at the grocery store.

sir, not sure hoarding all the Cheetos and Mountain Dew is going to redeem y’all’s spring break. And be aware, if the virus don’t get ya, then the diabeetus will.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

A totalitarian at heart.
toddlers are some of the most empathetic, non-judgmental beings on the planet...in my experience, they are often taught behaviors (or not “disciplined” accordingly)
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:07 pm

A totalitarian at heart.
Yeah. Wonder why that is. Thank God you're here to "force" good behavior on them.
I have not forced, nor attempted to force, anyone here to do anything. I certainly HOPE that people are taking this serious and following the guidelines set forth. Just commenting on the current state of things in that it doesnt appear that a certain chunk of folks are as interested in following the guidelines as I had hoped, resulting in the guidelines changing to requirements.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:57 pm
I have not forced, nor attempted to force, anyone here to do anything. I certainly HOPE that people are taking this serious and following the guidelines set forth. Just commenting on the current state of things in that it doesnt appear that a certain chunk of folks are as interested in following the guidelines as I had hoped, resulting in the guidelines changing to requirements.
Your exact words: "Situations like these just highlight why it is that good behavior has to be forced upon the majority of people by government legislation.

I apologize if I misinterpreted what you meant by analyzing what you wrote using the standard English definitions of the words you used.

Also, everyone from Plato to C.S. Lewis has insisted that we must "educate the little human animal" to teach him right from wrong. The problem is "right" and "wrong" no longer have any objective meaning. After a half-century of "if it feels good do it" we're suddenly shocked and dismayed that people only want to do what they want. Well...no shit.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:18 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:57 pm

Your exact words: "Situations like these just highlight why it is that good behavior has to be forced upon the majority of people by government legislation.

I apologize if I misinterpreted what you meant by analyzing what you wrote using the standard English definitions of the words you used.

Also, everyone from Plato to C.S. Lewis has insisted that we must "educate the little human animal" to teach him right from wrong. The problem is "right" and "wrong" no longer have any objective meaning. After a half-century of "if it feels good do it" we're suddenly shocked and dismayed that people only want to do what they want. Well...no shit.
Stating that I understand why the government can only get people to do this by forcing them is not the same as me trying to force anyone to do anything.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Ah.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

A totalitarian at heart.
Aren’t most of our laws “totalitarian at heart” with the government legislating good behavior? You know like don’t throw garbage on the street, don’t defecate in the park, don’t drive backwards on the freeway?

I would argue that the force of law is the primary motivation for people behaving themselves rather public responsibility. Simply look at the number of people who roll through the stop sign when the cop is present than not
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Self proclaimed "wartime President".
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:46 pm
I would argue that the force of law is the primary motivation for people behaving themselves rather public responsibility. Simply look at the number of people who roll through the stop sign when the cop is present than not
You're half right.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Geezer wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:46 pm Self proclaimed "wartime President".
To use his words, it's a war he is currently losing "bigly/big league, very very badly, against a tough hombre".
Of course I have to add what he actually did say yesterday, “People are dying who have never died before”.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

nothing like speaking your mind
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Grandma wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:03 am
Geezer wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:46 pm Self proclaimed "wartime President".
“People are dying who have never died before”.
Hey, he tells it like it is. A real straight shooter.
Deleted User 289

* EDIT
Idiot Grandma Due Diligence (ME) didn't do her job before she made her accusatory post.
I've been had. Shame on me!
Apparently The Donald did NOT say what I claimed he said - “People are dying who have never died before”.
Meanwhile, it's sad that I could and did believe he said it and that very few would doubt he did say it.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

The Tampa Bay Times surveyed 160 of Florida’s most plugged-in politicos — former elected leaders, campaign operatives, activists, lobbyists, fundraisers and other experts from both parties — about the coronavirus for our monthly Florida Insider poll. More than half gave the Trump administration a D or F on its handling of the coronavirus crisis to date. Only 8 percent said he deserves an A.

“The virus isn't political,” a Democrat wrote. “MAGA country will be infected too, and they'll finally see how ineffective the Trump administration is.”

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politi ... iders-say/
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 289

Anyone else catch him lose his shit on Peter Alexander?
What an absolute piece of shit human being we have as our President.

The other classic Trump move today was mentioning Feinstein by name (when asked to comment about the Senators who profited from selling stock/s) but he didn't mention the Republican Senators by name and then when someone followed up and mentioned the Republican Senators by name (and not Feinstein) he asked the reporter why they mentioned only the Republican Senators by name.