Where's the petri dish thread?

Coffee talk.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Where's the petri dish thread?

Post by Shirley »

This is beyond sad. How long before so many health care workers get sick of the lack of protection and say to hell with it, or are infected and can't take care of sick Americans?

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

KU76erfan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:30 am
HouseDivided wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:31 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:22 am

Do you really think that's what this about, controlling people?
I don’t think the virus was man-made or somehow generated for that purpose, but I do think the opportunity is being seized to do things that have been on the agenda for a long time, such as moving to digital currency, getting people used to having their movements tracked and controlled, nationalizing healthcare, and potentially introducing martial law by creating an environment for such civil unrest that the government will be “compelled” to do so. A one world government can’t come into effect until the U.S. economy is effectively collapsed. It would seem we are well on our way.
This post brought to you courtesy of Whiterose and the Dark Army.
It’s all fun and games until you have to check your phone to see if you are rated green so you can go to the market or if you are red and have to stay confined to your home and hope someone brings you food. Chinese people can tell you what that’s like right now.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Feral wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:40 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:22 am

Do you really think that's what this about, controlling people?
I don’t think the virus was man-made or somehow generated for that purpose, but I do think the opportunity is being seized to do things that have been on the agenda for a long time, such as moving to digital currency, getting people used to having their movements tracked and controlled, nationalizing healthcare, and potentially introducing martial law by creating an environment for such civil unrest that the government will be “compelled” to do so. A one world government can’t come into effect until the U.S. economy is effectively collapsed. It would seem we are well on our way.
I hate to admit it, but Psych's right. I too "think the opportunity is being seized to do things that have been on the agenda for a long time", such as:

The FBI and Justice Department have increased focus in recent months on racially motivated crimes and threats from white supremacists and other domestic groups, and there are a number of other ongoing federal investigations related to extremists and coronavirus, one of the people familiar with the Missouri investigation said.

Internal reports from the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI drafted in recent days have warned about the threat from white supremacist and other extremist groups related to the Covid-19 pandemic.

In a DHS document dated Monday and obtained by CNN, counterterrorism officials from the agency cited reports about white supremacists calling for people with the virus to intentionally spread it in diverse neighborhoods and at places of worship.

A separate internal report drafted by FBI officials in New York last week also warned of potential efforts by extremist groups to weaponize the virus against law enforcement officers and Jews.

"Members of extremist groups are encouraging one another to spread the virus, if contracted, to targeted groups through bodily fluids and personal interactions,"
the report, which was reviewed by CNN, says.

[...]

And, I don't think your reply to me here earlier in the thread was accurate, because I've never even imagined what you're alleging in your post above:
HouseDivided wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:26 pm
Feral wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:35 pm
Tear yourself away from Breitbart and Stormfront for a few minutes and see what "lockdown" amounts to in various locales.
I read neither of those sources. I would venture that we both read the same ones.
Why does everything come back to race with you? I don’t know of anyone who condones that kind of idiocy. I’m talking about quality of life for people regardless of race here.

As to reading material - my point was that I read everything you read, not just Neo-Nazi/John Birch Society newsletters like you keep implying. I would love to believe that our government has our best interests at heart, but history and current evidence say otherwise.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Don't read this article by someone working on the front line. And note, this is from 3/21/20, almost a week ago. I bet the situation has deteriorated significantly in New Orleans, since then.

A Medical Worker Describes Terrifying Lung Failure From COVID-19 — Even in His Young Patients

...“It first struck me how different it was when I saw my first coronavirus patient go bad. I was like, Holy shit, this is not the flu. Watching this relatively young guy, gasping for air, pink frothy secretions coming out of his tube and out of his mouth. The ventilator should have been doing the work of breathing but he was still gasping for air, moving his mouth, moving his body, struggling. We had to restrain him. With all the coronavirus patients, we’ve had to restrain them. They really hyperventilate, really struggle to breathe. When you’re in that mindstate of struggling to breathe and delirious with fever, you don’t know when someone is trying to help you, so you’ll try to rip the breathing tube out because you feel it is choking you, but you are drowning.

“When someone has an infection, I’m used to seeing the normal colors you’d associate with it: greens and yellows. The coronavirus patients with ARDS have been having a lot of secretions that are actually pink because they’re filled with blood cells that are leaking into their airways. They are essentially drowning in their own blood and fluids because their lungs are so full. So we’re constantly having to suction out the secretions every time we go into their rooms.”

...“I work 12-hour shifts. Right now, we are running about four times the number of ventilators than we normally have going. We have such a large volume of patients, but it’s really hard to find enough people to fill all the shifts. The caregiver-to-patient ratio has gone down, and you can’t spend as much time with each patient, you can’t adjust the vent settings as aggressively because you’re not going into the room as often. And we’re also trying to avoid going into the room as much as possible to reduce infection risk of staff and to conserve personal protective equipment.”

[...]
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:11 am

I hate to admit it, but Psych's right. I too "think the opportunity is being seized to do things that have been on the agenda for a long time", such as:

The FBI and Justice Department have increased focus in recent months on racially motivated crimes and threats from white supremacists and other domestic groups, and there are a number of other ongoing federal investigations related to extremists and coronavirus, one of the people familiar with the Missouri investigation said.

Internal reports from the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI drafted in recent days have warned about the threat from white supremacist and other extremist groups related to the Covid-19 pandemic.

In a DHS document dated Monday and obtained by CNN, counterterrorism officials from the agency cited reports about white supremacists calling for people with the virus to intentionally spread it in diverse neighborhoods and at places of worship.

A separate internal report drafted by FBI officials in New York last week also warned of potential efforts by extremist groups to weaponize the virus against law enforcement officers and Jews.

"Members of extremist groups are encouraging one another to spread the virus, if contracted, to targeted groups through bodily fluids and personal interactions,"

[...]

And, I don't think your reply to me here earlier in the thread was accurate, because I've never even imagined what you're alleging in your post above:
HouseDivided wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:26 pm

I read neither of those sources. I would venture that we both read the same ones.
Why does everything come back to race with you? I don’t know of anyone who condones that kind of idiocy. I’m talking about quality of life for people regardless of race here.

As to reading material - my point was that I read everything you read, not just Neo-Nazi/John Birch Society newsletters like you keep implying. I would love to believe that our government has our best interests at heart, but history and current evidence say otherwise.
Why does everything come back to race with you?

Oh darn. You caught me.

I guess I never should have planted those ideas about killing minorities and Jewish people in the heads of the "white supremacists" cited in the article.

My bad.

Is there really no limit to the depth of your ignorance, Psych?
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Feral wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:18 am Don't read this article by someone working on the front line. And note, this is from 3/21/20, almost a week ago. I bet the situation has deteriorated significantly in New Orleans, since then.

A Medical Worker Describes Terrifying Lung Failure From COVID-19 — Even in His Young Patients

...“It first struck me how different it was when I saw my first coronavirus patient go bad. I was like, Holy shit, this is not the flu. Watching this relatively young guy, gasping for air, pink frothy secretions coming out of his tube and out of his mouth. The ventilator should have been doing the work of breathing but he was still gasping for air, moving his mouth, moving his body, struggling. We had to restrain him. With all the coronavirus patients, we’ve had to restrain them. They really hyperventilate, really struggle to breathe. When you’re in that mindstate of struggling to breathe and delirious with fever, you don’t know when someone is trying to help you, so you’ll try to rip the breathing tube out because you feel it is choking you, but you are drowning.

“When someone has an infection, I’m used to seeing the normal colors you’d associate with it: greens and yellows. The coronavirus patients with ARDS have been having a lot of secretions that are actually pink because they’re filled with blood cells that are leaking into their airways. They are essentially drowning in their own blood and fluids because their lungs are so full. So we’re constantly having to suction out the secretions every time we go into their rooms.”

...“I work 12-hour shifts. Right now, we are running about four times the number of ventilators than we normally have going. We have such a large volume of patients, but it’s really hard to find enough people to fill all the shifts. The caregiver-to-patient ratio has gone down, and you can’t spend as much time with each patient, you can’t adjust the vent settings as aggressively because you’re not going into the room as often. And we’re also trying to avoid going into the room as much as possible to reduce infection risk of staff and to conserve personal protective equipment.”

[...]
New Orleans is going to get crushed.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Feral wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:23 am
HouseDivided wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:11 am

[...]

Why does everything come back to race with you?

Oh darn. You caught me.

I guess I never should have planted those ideas about killing minorities and Jewish people in the heads of the "white supremacists" cited in the article.

My bad.

Is there really no limit to the depth of your ignorance, Psych?
Ignorance of what? The world is full of crappy people who do crappy stuff. That doesn’t mean it is descriptive of an entire demographic of society as you seem to keep implying. I think it is great that they are rounding up these idiots and getting them away from decent folk. I’m just not sure that’s as important as making sure we have jobs to go to in May.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I agree with this:

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:29 am I agree with this:

Me too.

Fauci knows it's better for all of us if he's inside the tent doing what he can, rather than create the opportunity for him to be replaced by someone who will be picked on the basis of what it seems every other acting department head is, loyalty, not expertise.
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Feral wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:45 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:29 am I agree with this:

Me too.

Fauci knows it's better for all of us if he's inside the tent doing what he can, rather than create the opportunity for him to be replaced by someone who will be picked on the basis of what it seems every other acting department head is, loyalty, not expertise.
Introducing our new acting head of NIH, Jared Kushner.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

That's what makes me very uneasy about liberals' praise for Dr. Fauci. Gonna get him fired.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:40 am That's what makes me very uneasy about liberals' praise for Dr. Fauci. Gonna get him fired.
No way!

Oh, wait:

Derek Cressman
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Dead man walking
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:34 am
Feral wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:18 am Don't read this article by someone working on the front line. And note, this is from 3/21/20, almost a week ago. I bet the situation has deteriorated significantly in New Orleans, since then.

[...]
New Orleans is going to get crushed.
yep.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 307

Post by Deleted User 307 »

Today in Human Scum

Grocery store throws out $35,000 worth of food it says woman deliberately coughed on

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ronavirus/

The past few weeks have been tough for Gerrity’s Supermarket, a small family-owned chain in northeastern Pennsylvania. Like grocers nationwide, it has been deluged with orders and has struggled to keep basics such as chicken breasts and toilet paper on the shelves. Employees have been working overtime, pausing only for five-second breaks to wipe everything down with disinfectant wipes.

Then, on Wednesday afternoon, a woman came in and deliberately coughed all over the produce section, meat case and bakery department, co-owner Joe Fasula said. The store had to throw away more than $35,000 worth of food.

“Today was a very challenging day,” Fasula wrote in a message to shoppers on Facebook. “While there is little doubt this woman was doing it as a very twisted prank, we will not take any chances with the health and well-being of our customers."
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I happened to be walking by the TV just as this started:

Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:40 am That's what makes me very uneasy about liberals' praise for Dr. Fauci. Gonna get him fired.
Between the Oxford study and various other modelling developments -- including now Neil Ferguson's expectation that the full virus spike will happen in less than a month in the UK -- this whole story is changing quickly.

Development of serological testing will be the next frontier and will, presumably, alter the narrative as well.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Vega wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:25 pm Today in Human Scum

Grocery store throws out $35,000 worth of food it says woman deliberately coughed on

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ronavirus/

The past few weeks have been tough for Gerrity’s Supermarket, a small family-owned chain in northeastern Pennsylvania. Like grocers nationwide, it has been deluged with orders and has struggled to keep basics such as chicken breasts and toilet paper on the shelves. Employees have been working overtime, pausing only for five-second breaks to wipe everything down with disinfectant wipes.

Then, on Wednesday afternoon, a woman came in and deliberately coughed all over the produce section, meat case and bakery department, co-owner Joe Fasula said. The store had to throw away more than $35,000 worth of food.

“Today was a very challenging day,” Fasula wrote in a message to shoppers on Facebook. “While there is little doubt this woman was doing it as a very twisted prank, we will not take any chances with the health and well-being of our customers."
She deserves to be flogged.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Yay! Socialist group comes through!

Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

wait so that union finally hooked up with lobster?