Where's the petri dish thread?

Coffee talk.
seahawk

Re: Where's the petri dish thread?

Post by seahawk »

A free resource of over 44,000 scholarly articles about COVID-19 and related coronaviruses.
https://pages.semanticscholar.org/coronavirus-research
Don't inject Lysol.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:47 pm
Feral wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:11 pm
This answers the question: Whatever happened to former AG Jeff Sessions?

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

sdoyel wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:54 am
If this is true, why in the world would there be an announcement, a leak, whatever, considering the current shortage of masks for the nurses, doctors, first responders, and everyone else on the front lines? This will only cause many of the various governments around the world, governors, hospitals, etc., etc., scrambling now against each other on the "free market" to have to pay more and try harder for something that will now be in even higher demand. Not to mention, it's likely to discourage some of those who happen to discover some masks they didn't know they had, from donating them like we've been seeing.
Derek Cressman
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

lol. A month ago you have the CDC mocking Asian countries for recommending their citizens wear masks. Here comes yet another about face and the US now asking those same countries for supplies.

Here's what everyone here should have been doing since the beginning of March: listening to other countries' CDC's.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I don't understand what the fuck is wrong with EVERY public health agency in this country.

We can blame Trump for the CDC if we want, but it's not just Trump and it's not just the CDC.

For example:

Thread:

There's these fucking monsters:

This: https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... entilators

Etc.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:32 pm I don't understand what the fuck is wrong with EVERY public health agency in this country.

We can blame Trump for the CDC if we want, but it's not just Trump and it's not just the CDC.

For example:

Thread:

Etc.
Not sure if she was following directives back in early February or if she said what she did all on her own - but she now has blood on her hands because of it.

Deleted User 289

Different perspective than most (all?) of us have.
Cora is married to a friend of mine some of you may know.

https://www.newsday.com/opinion/comment ... o44BXph1G4
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:17 pm Oh.

Oh.

DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:30 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:03 pm when are there not protests in china or hong kong?
You could click through and read the thread.

It's not riots. It's pronvincial battling.

Police AND citizens from Jiangxi were dooking it out with police AND citizens from Hubei. With restrictions on social distancing lifted in Hubei, workers tried to return to their jobs, and were stopped on the bridge, causing the brawl.
And away we go...

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

It must have seemed like a good idea at the time:

The United States Announces Assistance To Combat the Novel Coronavirus
PRESS STATEMENT

MICHAEL R. POMPEO, SECRETARY OF STATE

FEBRUARY 7, 2020

This week the State Department has facilitated the transportation of nearly 17.8 tons of donated medical supplies to the Chinese people, including masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials. These donations are a testament to the generosity of the American people.

Today, the United States government is announcing it is prepared to spend up to $100 million in existing funds to assist China and other impacted countries, both directly and through multilateral organizations, to contain and combat the novel coronavirus. This commitment – along with the hundreds of millions generously donated by the American private sector – demonstrates strong U.S. leadership in response to the outbreak.

This assistance only adds to what the United States has done to strengthen health security programs around the world. For the last 20 years, the United States through USAID has invested over one billion dollars to strengthen the capacity of more than 25 countries to prevent, detect, and respond to existing and emerging infectious disease threats. Since 2015, under our commitment to the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA), this support has helped improve surveillance and laboratory systems, risk communication, outbreak response, and address the rising threat of anti-microbial resistance.

The United States is and will remain the world’s most generous donor. We encourage the rest of the world to match our commitment. Working together, we can have a profound impact to contain this growing threat.
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 289

Fantastic!
Let's go back to knowingly destroying our planet while we're at it. I mean, why the f not? Right?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronaviru ... yZ-mksGShY
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

In a pandemic? I wouldn't have guessed:

Derek Cressman
Deleted User 289

After I read this I have decided I'm done for the day in terms of reading about the fiasco.
Getting frustrated doesn't help me get through the day.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... Ygwb7ts-mw
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:32 pm I don't understand what the fuck is wrong with EVERY public health agency in this country.
Deleted User 289

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:55 am
Example #145,862,920 of why this country sucks.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

For example:

Thread:

Etc.
Maybe - and I know this is "out-of-the-box", radical thinking - maybe, if the federal government had, from the top down, taken this seriously - relying on science rather than wishcasting, and prioritizing public health over election results - state and local health departments would not have to fill the leadership void with what is of course a patchwork, inconsistent response.

That's not to absolve state and local officials of criticism for making stupid decisions themselves. They just shouldn't have a leadership vacuum to fill.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:27 am

For example:

Thread:

Etc.
Maybe - and I know this is "out-of-the-box", radical thinking - maybe, if the federal government had, from the top down, taken this seriously - relying on science rather than wishcasting, and prioritizing public health over election results - state and local health departments would not have to fill the leadership void with what is of course a patchwork, inconsistent response.

That's not to absolve state and local officials of criticism for making stupid decisions themselves. They just shouldn't have a leadership vacuum to fill.
^^^^^^^^^
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:50 am After I read this I have decided I'm done for the day in terms of reading about the fiasco.
Getting frustrated doesn't help me get through the day.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... Ygwb7ts-mw
Take a break. It doesn’t help anything to focus on all of the negativity right now, and it’s just making you miserable. I’m fairly sure your vote is already decided, so maybe read a book or watch a movie? Something non-disaster related.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain