Where's the petri dish thread?

Coffee talk.
PhDhawk

Re: Where's the petri dish thread?

Post by PhDhawk »

Vega wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:09 am
PhDhawk wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:07 am So which is worse? A plague style epidemic, or something like tuberculosis which kills about a million people a year and has killed well over a billion in history. It's the infectious disease with the highest death total in history.
A plague style epidemic is worse. We still get NCAA tournament and I can still go to a bar with TB around.
Good call. Plus fuck developing countries. Amirite? Shout out to robert Koch for discovering mycobacterium tuberculosis the cause of TB. won the 1905 nobel prize for it.

Also, did you know about 6 million people have leprosy right now?

Also, doc holiday was awesome in tombstone and he had TB.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:09 pm found this interesting/fascinating

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/histor ... deadliest/
Thank goodness we’re allowing it to ruin our economy for the foreseeable future and knock us back to Third World conditions! But, hey, at least it makes Trump less likely to be re-elected, right? SO worth it!

Pardon me. I need to go poop and wipe with a handful of leaves.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

well at least make sure the leaves aren't poison ivy.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I think that'll give you coronavirus
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

one time I thought I had the herpes virus but it turns out it was just poison ivy on my dong.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:18 am well at least make sure the leaves aren't poison ivy.
Or don't.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:17 am

Thank goodness we’re allowing it to ruin our economy for the foreseeable future and knock us back to Third World conditions! But, hey, at least it makes Trump less likely to be re-elected, right? SO worth it!

You do realize that if we just open everything back up, there's a good chance a billion people will get this, and if the fatality rate were to drop five-fold from where it is now, that it would still kill more people than cancer? And that the onslaught would still wreck the economy?
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Mjl wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:13 am

You do realize that if we just open everything back up, there's a good chance a billion people will get this, and if the fatality rate were to drop five-fold from where it is now, that it would still kill more people than cancer? And that the onslaught would still wreck the economy?
But DOWDYCANKLESMEDEA!!!!!!!
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

deep breath
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Ease up on psych. Bumfuck Kansas has been on stay-at-home order for 4 entire days.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

I think it is all intentionally being slow-played so that the economy will be in shambles come November.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

As hard as this is hitting the economy it would be 20x worse if we let everything go back to normal.
Just Ledoux it
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:27 am Ease up on psych. Bumfuck Kansas has been on stay-at-home order for 4 entire days.
It’s not that so much as my college is cutting staff left and right and is already hinting that Fall semester may not happen. Add in that volume at my private practice has been cut in half and my calendar for April looks like garbage, and, yes, I am a bit concerned about what my world is going to look like come June. Sorry to inconvenience you with my concerns.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:43 am

I think it is all intentionally being slow-played so that the economy will be in shambles come November.
how conspiratorial!
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

The entire world is doing this just to spite Trump?
Deleted User 307

Post by Deleted User 307 »

Mjl wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:11 am

George Soros is paying me to stay home. Are you not getting your Soro-Bucks?
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Vega wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:14 am
Mjl wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:11 am

George Soros is paying me to stay home. Are you not getting your Soro-Bucks?
I got two Soros checks this week. That could be the problem. I'll notify HR.
Deleted User 89

lol

guess THE ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD is out to get your boy
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^^

“These sorta things happen every election year”
Deleted User 89

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:46 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:27 am Ease up on psych. Bumfuck Kansas has been on stay-at-home order for 4 entire days.
It’s not that so much as my college is cutting staff left and right and is already hinting that Fall semester may not happen. Add in that volume at my private practice has been cut in half and my calendar for April looks like garbage, and, yes, I am a bit concerned about what my world is going to look like come June. Sorry to inconvenience you with my concerns.
just be glad you aren’t one of the 10 million that is already out of work

or, one of those who has been infected/hospitalized

or, one who has already died, alone in the hospital

or, the family member of someone dying or who has died, and you can’t/couldn’t see them before they pass