Where's the petri dish thread?

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Re: Where's the petri dish thread?

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Trump hates everyone and everything/anything that questions him and/or doesn't benefit him and tell him how great he is.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Vega wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:49 pm "hydroxychloroquine, try it, if you like."

Word-for-word a second ago.

Also, Trump hates ventilators
Just the first part alone is going to kill many people.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:59 pm

Well, incredibly dumb people perhaps.
Just Ledoux it
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Half the population has an IQ less than 100
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Geezer wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:25 pm Half the population has an IQ less than 100
Source?
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

If people are dumb enough to self administer chloroquine without the correct guidance of a doctor. Well, then......
Just Ledoux it
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TDub wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:22 pm

Asking your doctor if prescribing hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin or doxycycline is an appropriate course of treatment is dumb? Is life-threatening? Really?

You guys need to stop drinking the Kool-Aid.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:26 pm
Geezer wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:25 pm Half the population has an IQ less than 100
Source?
https://tinyurl.com/r6btlyv
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:28 pm

Asking your doctor if prescribing hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin or doxycycline is an appropriate course of treatment is dumb? Is life-threatening? Really?

I dont think anyone ia talking about those seeking help from a doctor.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:29 pm
TDub wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:26 pm
Source?
https://tinyurl.com/r6btlyv
Ha!
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Amoxicillin just aint real enough
Just Ledoux it
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TDub wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:29 pm

And nobody thinks the POTUS is telling people to get it on their own, since that isn’t possible.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TDub wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:31 pm

Amoxicillin just aint real enough
I like the Eminem reference!
Deleted User 289

HouseDivided wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:43 pm

And nobody thinks the POTUS is telling people to get it on their own, since that isn’t possible.
It's not possible? Really? Oh boy HD, you have a lot to learn my crimson.net friend.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:48 pm

It's not possible? Really? Oh boy HD, you have a lot to learn my crimson.net friend.
Let me rephrase: no one with the sense that God gave a goose. But, hey, if you need to manufacture a reason to hate DJT, I guess that’ll do.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Historically, IQ was a score obtained by dividing a person's mental age score, obtained by administering an intelligence test, by the person's chronological age, both expressed in terms of years and months. The resulting fraction (quotient) is multiplied by 100 to obtain the IQ score.[3] For modern IQ tests, the median raw score of the norming sample is defined as IQ 100 and scores each standard deviation (SD) up or down are defined as 15 IQ points greater or less.[4] By this definition, approximately two-thirds of the population scores are between IQ 85 and IQ 115. About 2.5 percent of the population scores above 130, and 2.5 percent below 70.[5][6]
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 289

HouseDivided wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:56 pm

Let me rephrase: no one with the sense that God gave a goose. But, hey, if you need to manufacture a reason to hate DJT, I guess that’ll do.
You clearly said, "And nobody thinks the POTUS is telling people to get it on their own, since that isn’t possible".

PLENTY (more than 1 might be defined as "plenty" in this situation) of people will try and get it on their own - and it's definitely possible for them to do it.
Granted, they might need some assistance but let me throw out an example. I was in rehab with a pharmacist from Pacific Palisades. He was arrested for stealing drugs from the pharmacy. He became addicted. He had a very good lawyer. To stay out of jail he had to go to a rehab facility. Forgetting his malady, he told me he worked with two pharmacists who would sell drugs (without prescriptions) to anyone and everyone - if the price was right. I assure you they were not the only 2 pharmacists in the country who did that just as there are many doctors who will write scripts if the price is right.
Ok, so maybe those are not really examples of people getting it "on their own" but we're debating semantics.

Anyways, I hated DJT long before he was ever elected President.
I don't hate him for hoping a drug could save people's lives. I hate him for pretending he knows what's best - "What do you have to lose"? EXACTLY! He's actually asking a question. He doesn't have a fucking clue what people have to lose by taking a drug.
His logic is basically you might as well shoot up some heroin if you have a headache. "What do you have to lose"?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:22 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:56 pm

You clearly said, "And nobody thinks the POTUS is telling people to get it on their own, since that isn’t possible".

PLENTY (more than 1 might be defined as "plenty" in this situation) of people will try and get it on their own - and it's definitely possible for them to do it.
Granted, they might need some assistance but let me throw out an example. I was in rehab with a pharmacist from Pacific Palisades. He was arrested for stealing drugs from the pharmacy. He became addicted. He had a very good lawyer. To stay out of jail he had to go to a rehab facility. Forgetting his malady, he told me he worked with two pharmacists who would sell drugs (without prescriptions) to anyone and everyone - if the price was right. I assure you they were not the only 2 pharmacists in the country who did that just as there are many doctors who will write scripts if the price is right.
Ok, so maybe those are not really examples of people getting it "on their own" but we're debating semantics.

Anyways, I hated DJT long before he was ever elected President.
I don't hate him for hoping a drug could save people's lives. I hate him for pretending he knows what's best - "What do you have to lose"? EXACTLY! He's actually asking a question. He doesn't have a fucking clue what people have to lose by taking a drug.
His logic is basically you might as well shoot up some heroin if you have a headache. "What do you have to lose"?
Fight hyperbole with more hyperbole. Got it.

I appreciate that he’s holding out hope and pushing for reasonable solutions. Too many people think telling everybody to hole up in their houses until June 1st or later is a reasonable or workable solution. When the public is kept aware that this is NOT okay, it keeps pressure on those in power to keep pushing for a better one.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Please elaborate.

The drug has received an emergency use order. We know it's safe for human consumption (obviously).

How is it going to kill "many people?"

I get that it's stupid for the President to be giving medical advice -- especially THIS president. But I fail to see how it will get people killed.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 289

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:44 pm

Please elaborate.

The drug has received an emergency use order. We know it's safe for human consumption (obviously).

How is it going to kill "many people?"

I get that it's stupid for the President to be giving medical advice -- especially THIS president. But I fail to see how it will get people killed.
I'm not a doctor but I play one on a message board.

How do you know what other drugs people are taking and how hydroxychloroquine interacts with them?
Grapefruit is "safe for human consumption". Right? It's harmless and actually good for you.
I take a blood pressure med. I eat grapefruit while on it, it's not "safe". It's NOT good for me.
In fact, while it's unlikely and would obviously be an extreme result, it could kill me.