Contributor

Re: Where's the petri dish thread?

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:44 pm
jfish26 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:59 pm
Vega wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:49 pm "hydroxychloroquine, try it, if you like."

Word-for-word a second ago.

Also, Trump hates ventilators
Just the first part alone is going to kill many people.
Please elaborate.

The drug has received an emergency use order. We know it's safe for human consumption (obviously).

How is it going to kill "many people?"

I get that it's stupid for the President to be giving medical advice -- especially THIS president. But I fail to see how it will get people killed.
Hyping it as a covid treatment will kill people who need it for lupus. Like a friend of mine, who cannot find it some weeks now, and when she can find it, it’s 6x the usual cost.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

That's a fair point, although I'd question Trump's impact on those facts on the ground.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

BoJo hospitalized.
Deleted User 307

Post by Deleted User 307 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:10 pm BoJo hospitalized.
No one cares.

Our fucking tigers got the Rona now

Coronavirus News: Tiger at Bronx Zoo in New York City tests positive for COVID-19

https://abc7ny.com/pets-animals/tiger-a ... 9/6079276/

NEW YORK CITY (WABC) -- A tiger at New York City's Bronx Zoo has tested positive for COVID-19, the Wildlife Conservation Society said in a statement Sunday.

The tiger, a 4-year-old female Malayan tiger named Nadia, developed a dry cough and a decrease in appetite. She was tested out of an abundance of caution, and the results were confirmed by the USDA's National Veterinary Services Laboratory in Iowa, the society said.

Her sister Azul, two Amur tigers and three African lions also showed coronavirus symptoms, but all of the cats, including Nadia, are expected to recover.

None of the zoo's snow leopards, cheetahs, clouded leopard, Amur leopard, puma or serval are showing any signs of illness.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:10 pm That's a fair point, although I'd question Trump's impact on those facts on the ground.
I’m not sure what that means. You question whether Trump influences people to buy up the drug?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:41 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:10 pm That's a fair point, although I'd question Trump's impact on those facts on the ground.
I’m not sure what that means. You question whether Trump influences people to buy up the drug?
No, actually. My question was how Trump was going to "kill many people."
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Vega wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:13 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:10 pm BoJo hospitalized.
No one cares.

Our fucking tigers got the Rona now

Coronavirus News: Tiger at Bronx Zoo in New York City tests positive for COVID-19

https://abc7ny.com/pets-animals/tiger-a ... 9/6079276/

NEW YORK CITY (WABC) -- A tiger at New York City's Bronx Zoo has tested positive for COVID-19, the Wildlife Conservation Society said in a statement Sunday.

The tiger, a 4-year-old female Malayan tiger named Nadia, developed a dry cough and a decrease in appetite. She was tested out of an abundance of caution, and the results were confirmed by the USDA's National Veterinary Services Laboratory in Iowa, the society said.

Her sister Azul, two Amur tigers and three African lions also showed coronavirus symptoms, but all of the cats, including Nadia, are expected to recover.

None of the zoo's snow leopards, cheetahs, clouded leopard, Amur leopard, puma or serval are showing any signs of illness.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:46 pm
Once again here comes my word semantic/s.
So are you basically trying to tell all of us that if I told a kid to go play in traffic - and they kid did it and got hit by a truck and was killed - there is no way you would think I had any influence on that kid and you feel I would bear no responsibility? Sure I didn't literally kill the kid but my dumb ass led to his death. Did it not?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Grandma wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:03 pm

So are you basically trying to tell all of us that if I told a kid to go play in traffic - and they kid did it and got hit by a truck and was killed - there is no way you would think I had any influence on that kid and you feel I would bear no responsibility? Sure I didn't literally kill the kid but my dumb ass led to his death. Did it not?
You're Trump's kid?
Deleted User 289

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:13 pm
Grandma wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:03 pm

You're Trump's kid?
Probably not but I might be. I don't know who my birth father is/was.

Fine. Let me rephrase my post for you and then perhaps you can/will give me different response.

If Trump told a kid to go play in traffic - and they kid did it and got hit by a truck and was killed - there is no way you would think Trump had any influence on that kid and you feel Trump would bear no responsibility? Sure he didn't literally kill the kid but his dumb ass led to his death. Did it not?
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

We are fucked ya’ll.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

We're not children, Gutter.

And what he said doesn't, in any, way resemble telling us to do something inherently dangerous for which the solution in question was unintended.

He has said that hydroxychloroquine COULD be a life-saver. And we already know that this is INARGUABLY true. It IS a life-saver -- in cases of lupus and malaria. And, in fact, that's the heart of Fish's argument, that stockpiles of this life-saver are being depleted at the President's suggestion. I think that wildly exaggerates the President's influence, but at least it makes sense as an argument.

Your argument, such as it is, is entirely backward. Trump is telling people to STOP playing in traffic; you just think his reasons for saying so are wrong or that he's telling the wrong people.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Glad we have enough tests for tigers. It's not like that's something we're in short supply of or anything.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

It's not enough that the Trump Administration has forced governors, mayors, hospital systems, etc., to compete with each other and foreign governments for ventilators, PPE, etc.: (smh)

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 289

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:30 pm We're not children, Gutter.

And what he said doesn't, in any, way resemble telling us to do something inherently dangerous for which the solution in question was unintended.

He has said that hydroxychloroquine COULD be a life-saver. And we already know that this is INARGUABLY true. It IS a life-saver -- in cases of lupus and malaria. And, in fact, that's the heart of Fish's argument, that stockpiles of this life-saver are being depleted at the President's suggestion. I think that wildly exaggerates the President's influence, but at least it makes sense as an argument.

Your argument, such as it is, is entirely backward. Trump is telling people to STOP playing in traffic; you just think his reasons for saying so are wrong or that he's telling the wrong people.
You're right, we're not children. Meanwhile, some children are wiser than some adults.
You're a smart man DC. You know that there are a lot of dumb people who live in this country.
Insert joke about me here.
Donald Trump is a leader. Leaders have followers who do whatever their leaders say and don't consider possible repercussions.

I don't disagree with most of what you say but I do feel you are simplifying/minimizing what he said - and yes, I do realize I am guilty of complicating/maximizing what he said.

I agree hydroxychloroquine COULD be a life saver for COVID-19. "COULD be" isn't the same as IS.
Of course hydroxychloroquine has medical benefits for other diseases and ailments.
Just as chemo has medical benefits. Just as Vagisil has medical benefits. I wouldn't suggest using chemo or Vagisil on a COVID-19 patient but who knows? It "could be" a life saver.

My argument is the same as it's always been. He made a suggestion and ASKED, "What do you have to lose"? The answer is your life. Now if someone is on their death bed and are most likely going to die - then desperate people are rightfully going to do desperate things but if some schmuck in Oklahoma coughs once (because he/she has a bread crumb stuck in his/her throat) and then freaks out because they think they have the virus - and then they take hydroxychloroquine (because President Trump said, "What do you have to lose?") - while they are on one of the 59 drugs that supposedly can have MAJOR negative interactions with hydroxychloroquine - and they die because of the drug interaction - then what?

Obviously I am not a legal scholar, attorney, judge, but we have some who post on this site. Perhaps they can chime in and tell us if Trump could bear any legal responsibility and as extreme as this would probably be - could he be accused of either involuntary manslaughter or negligent homicide?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Why is an informed public so threatening to the Establishment? Could it be that they fear a country full of people not content to sit docilely in their homes while their wealth, their civil rights, and their future are taken from them? DJT has thrown, and continues to throw, a monkey wrench in the master plan. An informed public is a dangerous public. We should all just be content to sit in our homes and wait for the government to give us food and money and instructions. SMH.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Obviously I am not a legal scholar, attorney, judge, but we have some who post on this site. Perhaps they can chime in and tell us if Trump could bear any legal responsibility and as extreme as this would probably be - could he be accused of either involuntary manslaughter or negligent homicide?

Gutter. FFS, the drug is APPROVED FOR HUMAN USE. WTF are you even talking about?
Deleted User 289

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:38 pm Obviously I am not a legal scholar, attorney, judge, but we have some who post on this site. Perhaps they can chime in and tell us if Trump could bear any legal responsibility and as extreme as this would probably be - could he be accused of either involuntary manslaughter or negligent homicide?

Gutter. FFS, the drug is APPROVED FOR HUMAN USE. WTF are you even talking about?
Trump just said "hydroxychloroquine doesn't kill people". "I want them to try it". "Them" not meaning doctors treating patients. "Them" meaning people who may/do have the virus.
That is what the fuck I am talking about.
Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

HouseDivided wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:34 pm Why is an informed public so threatening to the Establishment? Could it be that they fear a country full of people not content to sit docilely in their homes while their wealth, their civil rights, and their future are taken from them? DJT has thrown, and continues to throw, a monkey wrench in the master plan. An informed public is a dangerous public. We should all just be content to sit in our homes and wait for the government to give us food and money and instructions. SMH.
The deep state must be shaking in their boots!