republicans have no shame

Ugh.
Deleted User 89

Re: republicans have no shame

Post by Deleted User 89 »

care to provide any evidence that public scrutiny is what’s keeping positions infilled?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:54 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:49 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:12 pm

Hey guys! Let's insist that everyone who works for him is a Nazi! Let's chase them down in restaurants and harass their kids! Let's make sure they never work again!

And then, let's be OutRAgeD! when he can't fill positions in his administration!
Yeah, that's what's keeping them from taking those jobs.

lulz
lulz all you want.

But you're wrong, as always.
Chief of Staffs:
1. Reince Priebus
2. John Kelly
3. Mick Mulvaney
4. Mark Meadows

Deputy Chief of Staffs:
1. Katie Walsh
2. Kirsten Nielson
3. Zachary Fuentes
4. Emma Doyle
5. John Fleming

Chief of Staff to the VP:
1. Josh Pitcock
2. Nick Ayers
3. Marc Short

Communications Directors:
1. Michael Dubke
2. Anthony Scaramucci
3. Hope Hicks
4. Bill Shine
5. Stephanie Grisham
6. Unfilled

Press Secretary:
1. Sean Spicer
2. Sarah Huckabee Sanders
3. Stephanie Grisham
4. Kayleigh McEnany

National Security Advisor:
1. Michael Flynn
2. HR McMasters
3. John Bolton
4. Robert C. O'Brien

The list of positions where there have been 3-6 different people in the role is staggering so he doesnt seem to have a problem finding people to work for him IF he wants the role filled.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

twocoach wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:18 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:54 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:49 pm
Yeah, that's what's keeping them from taking those jobs.

lulz
lulz all you want.

But you're wrong, as always.
Chief of Staffs:
1. Reince Priebus
2. John Kelly
3. Mick Mulvaney
4. Mark Meadows

Deputy Chief of Staffs:
1. Katie Walsh
2. Kirsten Nielson
3. Zachary Fuentes
4. Emma Doyle
5. John Fleming

1. Josh Pitcock
2. Nick Ayers
3. Marc Short

1. Michael Dubke
2. Anthony Scaramucci
3. Hope Hicks
4. Bill Shine
5. Stephanie Grisham
6. Unfilled

Press Secretary:
1. Sean Spicer
3. Stephanie Grisham
4. Kayleigh McEnany

1. Michael Flynn
2. HR McMasters
3. John Bolton
4. Robert C. O'Brien

The list of positions where there have been 3-6 different people in the role is staggering so he doesnt seem to have a problem finding people to work for him IF he wants the role filled.
To be fair, it's been 8 years.

Oh, wait. It's not even 4? Holy crap!
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

[/quote]

Chief of Staffs:
1. Reince Priebus
2. John Kelly
3. Mick Mulvaney
4. Mark Meadows

Deputy Chief of Staffs:
1. Katie Walsh
2. Kirsten Nielson
3. Zachary Fuentes
4. Emma Doyle
5. John Fleming

1. Josh Pitcock
2. Nick Ayers
3. Marc Short

1. Michael Dubke
2. Anthony Scaramucci
3. Hope Hicks
4. Bill Shine
5. Stephanie Grisham
6. Unfilled

Press Secretary:
1. Sean Spicer
3. Stephanie Grisham
4. Kayleigh McEnany

1. Michael Flynn
2. HR McMasters
3. John Bolton
4. Robert C. O'Brien

[/quote]

Good gaia, you're dumb.

Hey, here are six really high-profile positions that are on TV all the time, that virtually ensure a high visibility, and that also, because of that visibility, will be filled almost automatically, whenever they come open. Never mind that we don't have any idea if the people in those positions were the President's first choice (or second or third or...), that also leaves roughly 3994 OTHER appointed positions, most of which are of notably lower profile, to be filled. 6 out of about 4000 is what, .15%? Good job sniffing those out, Inspector.

Additionally -- and high-lariously -- I happen to know one of the people on your list and happen to know that his/her life and future prospects were dramatically affected by the Left's ouTRagE! at his/her time working in the administration.
Last edited by DCHawk1 on Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:10 pm care to provide any evidence that public scrutiny is what’s keeping positions unfilled?
appreciate the anecdote, DC, but ya got anything else?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:34 pm Additionally -- and high-lariously -- I happen to know one of the people on your list and happen to know that his/her life and future prospects were dramatically affected by the Left's ouTRagE! at his/her time working in the administration.
I don't think any oUtRAge by the Left or otherwise is the usual cause for someone's low future prospects. I would venture a guess that it is likely the prospective employers' good judgement.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

zsn wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:55 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:34 pm Additionally -- and high-lariously -- I happen to know one of the people on your list and happen to know that his/her life and future prospects were dramatically affected by the Left's ouTRagE! at his/her time working in the administration.
I don't think any oUtRAge by the Left or otherwise is the usual cause for someone's low future prospects. I would venture a guess that it is likely the prospective employers' good judgement. Come on, would YOU hire Sarah Huckabee Sanders to do anything at your place of work?!?!?!? Or Jared Kushner or any of the Trump spawns?
Last edited by zsn on Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:55 pm
I don't think any oUtRAge by the Left or otherwise is the usual cause for someone's low future prospects. I would venture a guess that it is likely the prospective employers' good judgement.
Yeah, but you don't know shit about it.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Latest example: Would YOU hire Former Secretary Thomas Modley in your organization? I think I know enough to send them "we'll get back to you if there is any interest" in response to their resumes
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:21 pm Latest example: Would YOU hire Former Secretary Thomas Modley in your organization? I think I know enough to send them "we'll get back to you if there is any interest" in response to their resumes
The best part is that you don't know that you're the problem.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

How very Trumpian of you.

Certainly becomes obvious why you defend him so ardently.
Don't inject Lysol.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

DC is damn near as big a narcissist as Trump.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Geezer wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:38 pm DC is damn near as big a narcissist as Trump.
I'm pretty sure you think about DC more than DC does.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:34 pm
Chief of Staffs:
1. Reince Priebus
2. John Kelly
3. Mick Mulvaney
4. Mark Meadows

Deputy Chief of Staffs:
1. Katie Walsh
2. Kirsten Nielson
3. Zachary Fuentes
4. Emma Doyle
5. John Fleming

1. Josh Pitcock
2. Nick Ayers
3. Marc Short

1. Michael Dubke
2. Anthony Scaramucci
3. Hope Hicks
4. Bill Shine
5. Stephanie Grisham
6. Unfilled

Press Secretary:
1. Sean Spicer
3. Stephanie Grisham
4. Kayleigh McEnany

1. Michael Flynn
2. HR McMasters
3. John Bolton
4. Robert C. O'Brien

[/quote]

Good gaia, you're dumb.

Hey, here are six really high-profile positions that are on TV all the time, that virtually ensure a high visibility, and that also, because of that visibility, will be filled almost automatically, whenever they come open. Never mind that we don't have any idea if the people in those positions were the President's first choice (or second or third or...), that also leaves roughly 3994 OTHER appointed positions, most of which are of notably lower profile, to be filled. 6 out of about 4000 is what, .15%? Good job sniffing those out, Inspector.

Additionally -- and high-lariously -- I happen to know one of the people on your list and happen to know that his/her life and future prospects were dramatically affected by the Left's ouTRagE! at his/her time working in the administration.
[/quote]

Oh, I could have listed out plenty more but the post would have been pages long. I felt that my list was long enough to prove my point.

Sounds like your interaction with one specific person is firing up your ouTRagE on the topic, not mine.

I no doubt agree with you that there will be some examples of a few people who chose not to pursue positions due to the backlash if you look hard enough (or live in DC and run into people potentially in the mix for these jobs) but I'd bet that there are significantly more people who didn't pursue positions because they didnt want to work for an imbecile who turns on his staff at the first sign that they are anything other than an ass kissing syncophant.

In fact, go make a list of people who were A) yelled at in public by idiots due to working for Trump or B) former White House staff that was obliterated publically by Trump for not kissing his ass and see which list is longer. If I was a betting man, I know which one I'd bet on.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I mean...you know that 99% of people in an administration interact with the President at the Christmas party and have to introduce themselves to him, right?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

So shall we go with positions that aren't on TV all the time since DC took offense to those?

White House Director of Legislative Affairs:
1) Marc Short
2) Shahira Knight
3) Eric Ueland

Deputy Director, National Economic Council and International Economic Affairs:
1) Everett Eissenstat
2) Cletus Willems
3) Kelly Ann Shaw

Senior Director for Africa, NSC:
1) Derek Harvey
2) Cyril Sartor
3) Elizabeth Erin Walsh

Senior Director for Europe and Russia, NSC:
Fiona Hill
2) Tim Morrison
3) Andrew Peek

Senior Director of Intelligence, NSC
1) Ezra Cohen Watnick
2) Michael Barry
3) Michael Ellis

Deputy National Security Advisor:
1) KT McFarland
2) Dina Powell/Rickey Waddell
3) Nadia Schadlow
4) Mira Ricardel
5) Charles Kupperman
6) Matthew Pottinger/Victoria Coates

Director of Presidential Personnel
1) John DeStefano
2) Sean Doocey
3) John McEntee

More? Cause there is more. Oh, and the ones I listed were only from positions called by the National Journal "Decision Makers", which they deem as the 60 or so staff member positions from the White House staff and the Executive Office of the President (e.g., Office of Management and Budget, National Security Council, Council on Environmental Quality, National Economic Council, and members of the vice president’s staff).

There's a whole big, interesting paper published on the turnover of Trump's staff here: https://www.brookings.edu/research/why- ... residents/

I look forward to your inevitable witty "Brookings, lulz" response. Here's something for that if anyone else cares to read it. I found it interesting. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/brookings-institute/
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:26 pm I mean...you know that 99% of people in an administration interact with the President at the Christmas party and have to introduce themselves to him, right?
And you have some sort of point you're trying to make?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

twocoach wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:05 pm
In fact, go make a list of people who were A) yelled at in public by idiots due to working for Trump or B) former White House staff that was obliterated publically by Trump for not kissing his ass and see which list is longer. If I was a betting man, I know which one I'd bet on.
You forgot C) Those who skipped the initial stages of the Peter Principle and rose directly to positions where they could highlight their gross incompetence in everything they do, for the entire world to see (i.e. the Dunning-Kruger Effect)
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

When I decided to change professions, I interviewed everyone I knew that had professional jobs in the area, especially those in the field I wanted to pursue and it didn't take me long to have one company identified as a company that a lot of people "used to work for". To me, that meant that they weren't a good company to work for so I didn't bother to pursue job opportunities with that company because I doubted I would still be working for in a few years for one reason or another. Instead, I chose a company that I repeatedly heard had excellent retention and employee relationships. They were the only company I interviewed with and the only company I have been with since and I've been with them now for a little over 15 years now.

The folks that came and went in those jobs didn't have any interaction with the President or CEO of that company in their roles either, yet it was still very apparent to outsiders that there company had an environment that was not conducive to long term employment. This is the culture of the Trump Administration.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:29 pm
There's a whole big, interesting paper published on the turnover of Trump's staff here: https://www.brookings.edu/research/why- ... residents/
Do you even read what you link to?

Serious question.

And also, working in an administration is nothing like choosing a private sector employer to pursue.