who ya got?

Ugh.
HouseDivided

Re: who ya got?

Post by HouseDivided »

chiknbut wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:04 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:59 am
zsn wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:50 am

"Better" left town the afternoon of the inauguration when he tweeted about crowd size. Since then it's been increasing levels of "worse". And, here we are. Don't know if the country (or the world for that matter) can take any more of "worser"
Like I said - I look forward to seeing the alternative you all provide. The Bad Touch Joe/Madea ticket is a pretty sad start.
So we're all going to leave this as "just Psych being Psych?" He's comparing either Kamala Harris or Stacey Abrams (I assume) to a fictional black character portrayed by a man.

Everyone OK with this?
If I genuinely make you this upset, you should seriously consider putting me on ignore. Judging from your posts so far this week, you’re about to go over the edge with or without my help.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:27 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:59 am

Like I said - I look forward to seeing the alternative you all provide. The Bad Touch Joe/Madea ticket is a pretty sad start.
So we're all going to leave this as "just Psych being Psych?" He's comparing either Kamala Harris or Stacey Abrams (I assume) to a fictional black character portrayed by a man.

Everyone OK with this?
If I genuinely make you this upset, you should seriously consider putting me on ignore. Judging from your posts so far this week, you’re about to go over the edge with or without my help.
Typical lack of accountability. It's not you, it's everyone else. You explain your use of the word "retard" as a troubling "dark period" you were going through. But that doesn't keep you from posting my first name on here. Oh, unless you recently went through another "dark period" I'm not aware of.

I suppose it's just too much to ask you to behave like a decent person. Where's the fun in that, right?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

chiknbut wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:43 pm

Everyone OK with this?
Typical lack of accountability. It's not you, it's everyone else. You explain your use of the word "retard" as a troubling "dark period" you were going through. But that doesn't keep you from posting my first name on here. Oh, unless you recently went through another "dark period" I'm not aware of.

I suppose it's just too much to ask you to behave like a decent person. Where's the fun in that, right?
I apologized. Accept it or don’t. Move on or don’t. Continue to make yourself crazy or don’t. It makes me no difference.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Everyone OK with this?

You know what? I thought about this a little more, and here's my question for you: Do you think you're the only person who feels offended by what others post here? Are you the only one who's ever had their feelings hurt?

How do you think I have felt for the last ten years while people like Leawood and Sea repeatedly make fun of the most painful events of my life? When they've implied that those events make me worthless and laugh at the fact that I was so devastated by them that I did everything in my power to end my own life? Do you think I laugh about that?

How do you think I feel when there are whole threads here devoted to lampooning my religious beliefs? When people use God's name as a curse word? When they imply that people who share my faith should be killed? Do you think that makes me uncomfortable?

How do you think I felt for the last year while people ridiculed me because my older son chose to go to K-State to play football and implied that I was a failure as a father because of it? When they laughed at me having to swallow my pride on Saturdays and sit in the stands and cheer for them? When they told me I shouldn't be posting here because of it?

I'll go ahead and answer for you: you haven't thought about it because you haven't had to. I have never said a word. I've never complained to a Mod. I have never demanded that people not say what they think. I've never given anyone the satisfaction of knowing that they hurt me down deep until right this moment. Why? Because it's a message board, and people come here to say what they feel like saying, and because I don't feel like I'm important enough to be entitled to dictate who gets to speak and who doesn't.

Maybe the more important question is why do you think that YOU are that important?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:01 pm

I apologized. Accept it or don’t. Move on or don’t. Continue to make yourself crazy or don’t. It makes me no difference.
Deleting this.

Psych, you're a complicated guy, and you say a lot to hurt others. Seems that it goes both ways. Maybe we can learn from this and all get along a little better. Maybe consider other's feelings before saying hurtful stuff.
Broham
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Today In: "The Campaign Commercials Write Themselves!":

"America voted to have a reality TV star run the country, now we're all on Survivor."

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Seems many/most people feel Joe is going to choose a woman. Many of those people feel it will be a Black woman.
I wouldn't be shocked if it is a Black man or a White women. First two that come to mind are Corey Booker and Amy Klobuchar.
When do you ("you" being anyone who cares to answer) think we find out?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

He already said he's picking a woman
Deleted User 289

Yes he has - So I suppose there really is no going back on that if he doesn't want to lose trust and credibility. Would be a bad "p.r." move for him to go back on his word/s.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Unless he chose Cuomo.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I am down with Warren or Harris
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:32 pm I am down with Warren or Harris
I don't no nuthin', and I like both, but of those two, he should pick Harris.

Biden's not the future of the democratic party, and neither is Warren. It's more important that Biden pick someone who represents the future than someone who checks all of the policy compatibility boxes with him. I think Harris would create more excitement in the minority and younger demographics than Warren. Warren should be offered a cabinet appointment, for sure, but Biden should pick someone younger than himself, imo.

Unrelated, another factor in Harris' favor in general, she's from a deeply blue state, so there wouldn't be much risk of losing a valuable senate seat if hers was up for grabs.
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i get the “looking at the future” angle, but what votes/demographics does Harris bring that Biden isn’t already strong in?

i made a similar point about Abrams

edit: what’s the priority? winning THIS election or worrying about setting the stage for the future of the democratic party? i don’t know that both can’t be accomplished, but based on who the nominee is it would seem that the former is more important than the latter
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

The difference between Abrams and Harris is that while the latter definitely has more experience in elected office Abrams puts Georgia in play where in addition to the Presidential election TWO Senate seats also on the ballot! This could be when Georgia skips the purple phase that other States went through and goes from red to blue directly!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Grandma wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:11 am Seems many/most people feel Joe is going to choose a woman. Many of those people feel it will be a Black woman.
I wouldn't be shocked if it is a Black man or a White women. First two that come to mind are Corey Booker and Amy Klobuchar.
When do you ("you" being anyone who cares to answer) think we find out?
I don't care.

I am voting to end this insanity no matter what. I am sick of this shit.
Deleted User 289

Hopefully your vote will have a bearing on getting rid of the current "insanity" we have in the White House but the problem is your vote won't end the insanity of there still being a shit load of Americans who are simply bat shit fucking crazy assholes.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

A lot of people said the same thing but opposite (i dont care, I am voting to not have hillary) and we ended up with Donald. You should care
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

We should be really pissed that over the last 2 elections our options have beem hillary, biden, and trump. Thats just pathetic.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

I care TDub. I care a lot.
Our options were a lot more than Hillary, Biden, and Trump in the primaries.
I'm proud to say I didn't vote for any of them in the 2016 and 2020 primaries.
I voted AGAINST Trump in the 2016 primary. I voted for Rubio. Not because I really wanted him to be President. I simply wanted to vote AGAINST Trump.
In the 2020 primary I voted for someone who I foolishly thought might actually have a chance. I'll refrain from saying who it was except for saying it wasn't Biden.
I absolutely would rather have Biden win the 2020 election than Trump and I will vote for Joe assuming he is on the ballot.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:37 pm i get the “looking at the future” angle, but what votes/demographics does Harris bring that Biden isn’t already strong in?

i made a similar point about Abrams

edit: what’s the priority? winning THIS election or worrying about setting the stage for the future of the democratic party? i don’t know that both can’t be accomplished, but based on who the nominee is it would seem that the former is more important than the latter
...what votes/demographics does Harris bring that Biden isn’t already strong in?

I struggle with that, too.

It seems there's a nearly universally accepted "truth" in politics that VP candidates add very little to the prospects that a presidential candidate will win. The "truth" is, Biden has to be able to beat Trump on his own, and if his VP candidate makes that 1%, or 3%, or 5%, more likely, that's a cherry on top.

Biden shouldn't have announced that he was going to name a woman his VP candidate, unless he already had it narrowed down to only women. And not because there aren't good female candidates. But Pete? Nope. Booker? Nope. Bullock? Nope. Sherrod Brown? Yang? Nope. Cuomo? Nope. etc.

It would be nice if there was someone other than AOC (or Bernie) with significant enthusiasm among young voters. But even if there were, history teaches us that there's a word for candidates that rely on the youth vote, "losers". Thankfully, Trump's bigotry and hate has motivated younger people to move toward democrats in significant numbers, but we just can't count on them.

Klobuchar could be very helpful in the upper midwest, which is key, but would picking her partially alienate blacks, who are counting on an Abrams or Harris VP candidate?

The most reliable demographic for democrats is (reportedly) black women. Supercharging their enthusiasm by naming a (relatively young) black female could be huge, and black women show up. I also think that young people would be energized by the prospect of electing another minority to national office, reminiscent of Obama's candidacy.

Democrats can't rest on Obama's legacy. We have to create a new story that builds on the legacy of the most popular democrat alive today, to make ourselves attractive to the democrats of tomorrow. Having Pamela Harris in the WH as VP for 4-8 years might be the way to begin building that "story".

Of course, I could be wrong, and welcome someone bringing forward other potential female candidates, especially a Latina, that I'm not considering seriously. Governor Grisham of New Mexico doesn't seem to have the national name recognition to me, but I could be wrong about that, too.
Derek Cressman