Where's the petri dish thread?

Coffee talk.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Where's the petri dish thread?

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:00 am "Trump proof" the reopening? Smart.

Also, spread the liability:

McKinsey.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:58 pm

McKinsey.
Translation: Make sure we ride this economic disaster right up until November so we can influence the election as much as possible. And screw the regular people it devastates along the way.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

McKinsey.
Can their analysis be any worse than Trump and Clo?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Wow, look who's channeling Psych:

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

defixione wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:09 pm
Yes.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

"He should on air with falsified documents to prove his point".

You got him there DC!
Not saying this makes it ok but I seem to recall after CBS and he were called out/"busted", he acknowledged the fuck up and apologized.
Something our nation's President seems unable to do.
Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Dallas county is requiring a cloth mask covering mouth and nose beginning Saturday. https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavirus ... oTPED0_xtA
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Feral wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:12 pm Wow, look who's channeling Psych:

So, you're really going to argue that, if we stick with the ridiculous plan of "stay holed up for one more month" played out monthly for the next year, that no one else is going to die? Of course more people are going to die no matter what we due. It is a calculated risk to stay locked down and it is a calculated risk to open the economy up again. Some of us are willing to take that risk. Others want to crash the economy so they can influence the elections and let people die of other things like hunger, homelessness, and civil unrest, only stretched out over a decade or more. I'd argue that the latter is more disgraceful than the former.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

these things happen every election year...
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

I can see where in order to go out eventually people will have to show evidence of vaccination and or recent negative Covid test.
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:36 pm
Yes.
Well...they're just a tool.

If deployed one way, their analysis will be orders of magnitude better. If deployed the other way...well that would be different.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

dolomite wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:30 pm I can see where in order to go out eventually people will have to show evidence of vaccination and or recent negative Covid test.
That's definitely part of the end game.
Deleted User 289

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:11 pm
dolomite wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:30 pm I can see where in order to go out eventually people will have to show evidence of vaccination and or recent negative Covid test.
Right, and yet we will still be allowed to "concealed carry" guns in some states.
We will never be able to satisfy everyone in every way in this country.

I'm someone who feels we go overboard in terms of things that are an inconvenience and yet I wouldn't have much of an issue if people were forced to show evidence of vaccination and or a recent negative Covid test - if I am attending a concert, sporting event, large gathering in which "physical distancing" at all times isn't possible.
Problem with that is it's then going to be extended somehow - in that people will argue that how do they know if someone might be carrying some other possibly deadly disease that they can spread.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:26 pm
Right, and yet we will still be allowed to "concealed carry" guns in some states.

I'm someone who feels we go overboard in terms of things that are an inconvenience and yet I wouldn't have much of an issue if people were forced to show evidence of vaccination and or a recent negative Covid test - if I am attending a concert, sporting event, large gathering in which "physical distancing" at all times isn't possible.
Problem with that is it's then going to be extended somehow - in that people will argue that how do they know if someone might be carrying some other possibly deadly disease that they can spread.
But then they'll have problems with forged documents, which will mean that we need a biometric chip implanted that will continuously monitor our health status. And for convenience, let's go ahead and link that to your car starter and your bank account, and even the door to your house. It's a slippery frickin' slope to totalitarianism, and I'm not interested in getting on that ride.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:36 pm
Yes.
At least they'll take responsibility?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:51 pm

But then they'll have problems with forged documents, which will mean that we need a biometric chip implanted that will continuously monitor our health status. And for convenience, let's go ahead and link that to your car starter and your bank account, and even the door to your house. It's a slippery frickin' slope to totalitarianism, and I'm not interested in getting on that ride.
Or, we could tatoo 666 on everyone's forehead.
Broham
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

hilarious that anyone thinks there’s an “end-game” involving a requirement for proof of having been tested

any idea how far we have to go as far as testing capacity is concerned in order for that to be even somewhat realistic?

and since the testing onus is apparently on the states, who is to say that individual states would actually accept the “results” of another state?

so much wearing of tinfoil hats...
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:01 pm

McKinsey.
Translation: Make sure we ride this economic disaster right up until November so we can influence the election as much as possible. And screw the regular people it devastates along the way.
Wow. That's a plan right out of the republican playbook.
Deleted User 289

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:51 pm

Me either.
It will be interesting to see what if anything will be done in terms of a person's need to "prove" they are COVID-19 free - and to whom they may need to "prove" it to.