Georgia reopening

Coffee talk.
PhDhawk

Georgia reopening

Post by PhDhawk »

Maybe it's a good thing.

I mean, they're either right (doubtful) and all states can soon do the same, or they're wrong (likely) and it's a warning to the rest of the country.

Acts as a positive control for opening too fast too soon.

Maybe it stops some if the protesters if they see what happens.

Other states make sure ti be smart about it.

Gives the other 49 states something to point to as to why their being cautious.

Plus, who cares about GA?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Geezer

Re: Georgia reopening

Post by Geezer »

Sanjay Gupta lives in Georgia, he's freaked.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so what's the critical mass to get the reopen crowd to admit they rushed it? or do they claim this as a victory no matter what?

and how long does it take to make a determination either way?

"we been back open for 3 whole days and ain't nothin went wrong, see? we told y'all so!"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well, even if we don't like GA because we hold stereotypes against people in the South, we should be hopeful that they are correct and that being in public but still practicing some forms of social distancing won't cause a significant spike in deaths.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I ain't worried!

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:15 am Well, even if we don't like GA because we hold stereotypes against people in the South, we should be hopeful that they are correct and that being in public but still practicing some forms of social distancing won't cause a significant spike in deaths.
I try not to wish death upon anyone in Georgia and I truly hope there won't be a spike in deaths but......
Have we determined what action/s if any we are going to put in to place to make sure residents of states are not free to go in and out of other states and infect the residents of the other states?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:20 pm Maybe it's a good thing.

I mean, they're either right (doubtful) and all states can soon do the same, or they're wrong (likely) and it's a warning to the rest of the country.

Can I nominate Alabama to go first instead? Atlanta is a vital city to our infrastructure.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:15 am Well, even if we don't like GA because we hold stereotypes against people in the South, we should be hopeful that they are correct and that being in public but still practicing some forms of social distancing won't cause a significant spike in deaths.
Yes, I am hopeful that they will figure out a way to defy logic, science and nature.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:20 pm Maybe it's a good thing.

All this only works if you wait about two weeks to see. I think you're going to see other southern states follow this stupid, stupid, stupid lead.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

This going to turn out either really good or really, really bad. I'm thinking the later.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm hoping really good.
And i'm hoping there aren't people here wishing for the opposite so they can say, 'i told you so'.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:40 am I'm hoping really good.

Me, too, because we're all in this together.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

And i'm hoping there aren't people here wishing for the opposite so they can say, 'i told you so'.
I keep seeing people accusing others of this baselessly. It's disturbing.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh I’m hopeful, definitely. In the same way a suburban mom has a “hope” artwork in cursive, on the wall right next to “live laugh love.”

But my concern is, they’re the ones going for some told ya so. And they’re not doing it the way adults would do it, with a reasonable understanding of what they’re up against, and a thorough pragmatic plan to do it.

They’re just blindly “opening back up,” as if bravado and balls will help them prevail.

And they’re gonna be calling it a W pretty much no matter what, and hailing their liberties, and ridiculing more cautious states - that is, until or unless some critical mass that we can only hope doesn’t actually happen.
Last edited by ousdahl on Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ChalkRocker wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:44 am

Me, too, because we're all in this together.
Not Georgia no more.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think there are 'told you so' people on both sides.
And no, please don't do the overused dumbass 'both sides do it' thing in response.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:49 am I think there are 'told you so' people on both sides.
And no, please don't do the overused dumbass 'both sides do it' thing in response.
If there are people that want mass death for the sake of saying I told you so, they are pure evil
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:46 am Oh I’m hopeful, definitely. In the same way a suburban mom has a “hope” artwork in cursive, on the wall right next to “live laugh love.”

But my concern is, they’re the ones going for some told ya so. And they’re not doing it the way adults would do it, with a reasonable understanding of what they’re up against, and a thorough pragmatic plan to do it.

They’re just blindly “opening back up,” as if bravado and balls will help them prevail.

And they’re gonna be calling it a W pretty much no matter what, and hailing their liberties, and ridiculing more cautious states - that is, until or unless some critical mass that we can only hope doesn’t actually happen.
And, God forbid, even if there is an increase in Covid-19-related illnesses/deaths as a result of this opening, it will be hailed as "fake news" or inflated numbers. So in other words, they've got it covered.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

One side, and certain states, are being more cautious, cuz they’re listening to doctors, and paying attention to what’s happening around the rest of the world.

The other side is screaming I WANT MAH NORMAL BACK, FREEDOM OF CHOICE, WHATABOUT THE FLU, WHO CARES HOW MANY PEOPLE DIE, MAKE AMERICA GOLF AGAIN, SECOND AMENDMENT RULEZ, and the rest of us are supposed to be hopeful?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:54 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:46 am Oh I’m hopeful, definitely. In the same way a suburban mom has a “hope” artwork in cursive, on the wall right next to “live laugh love.”

And, God forbid, even if there is an increase in Covid-19-related illnesses/deaths as a result of this opening, it will be hailed as "fake news" or inflated numbers. So in other words, they've got it covered.
^^^

...new hoax...