Arrogant enough not to wear a mask?

Coffee talk.
dolomite
Contributor

Arrogant enough not to wear a mask?

Post by dolomite »

Or just too stupid.

My daughter sent a photo of a guy in Costco wearing a t-shirt: SOCIAL DISTANCING,
If I can turn around and punch you in the face then you’re too f’in close!
Last edited by dolomite on Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 289

Re: Arrogant enough not to wear a mask?

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Friend posted this yesterday -
"Why are there people in the grocery stores shopping without masks on?!?!?!?"

First response was -
" Because we are not retarded enough to wear one!!!!?????"

Guy lives in Nevada Missouri. FWTW - I'll let you decide.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Grandma wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:57 pm Friend posted this yesterday -

First response was -

Ne VAY duh
Broham
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

First response was -

Vernon county missouri has 3 total cases of covid19....fwtw.

Still a dumb comment, but I probably wouldn't be walking around in a mask if I lived in Vernon county missouri either.
Deleted User 310

Fwiw I have a mask in my car. I haven't been anywhere that I felt I needed to have it on yet though.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Nevada has a pretty good Mexican restaurant on the south side of the courthouse square. Nice town.
Deleted User 289

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:32 pm

First response was -

Vernon county missouri has 3 total cases of covid19....fwtw.

Still a dumb comment, but I probably wouldn't be walking around in a mask if I lived in Vernon county missouri either.
I don't walk around wearing a mask in Chicago - unless I am riding in elevators, in lobbies of buildings, going in and out of stores, being near people.
I do it because I don't want to get others sick and I don't want them getting me sick.
How's this? If Nevada Missouri had ZERO cases, I would still probably wear a mask in the same situations I wear a mask in Chicago. If that makes me "retarded", foolish, paranoid, so be it.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I know a couple guys from ne-VAY da, both smarter than that.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 289

My uneducated guess is the majority of people living in Nevada Missouri are smarter than that.
I'd share the guy's name but I'll give him a pass and say we all (both smart and dumb people) make stupid mistakes.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

About the only thing I get out for is the grocery store once a week. I don't wear a mask. Most people don't.
Broham
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:25 pm About the only thing I get out for is the grocery store once a week. I don't wear a mask. Most people don't.
Minhin and I went to Costco this morning during old people hour. My crowd estimate is 100 customers and only 2 were unmasked. Grocery store last Monday was about 50-50 on masks.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Geezer wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:28 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:25 pm About the only thing I get out for is the grocery store once a week. I don't wear a mask. Most people don't.
Minhin and I went to Costco this morning during old people hour. My crowd estimate is 100 customers and only 2 were unmasked. Grocery store last Monday was about 50-50 on masks.
that was my experience at costco as well, sunday morning

but it’s the same at our grocery stores, for both patrons and employees

we’ve got both nitrile/latex gloves and masks, and home-made hand sanitizer and a small spray bottle of 70% ethanol...our standard arsenal for a trip out for supplies
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

All the burbs around me are requiring them at all indoor places. I use a bandana since I don't have a mask. Looks weird.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Mask/cover required in Dallas County. Went to Home Depot today and they had a guy checking people at the door.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mjl wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:11 pm I use a bandana since I don't have a mask. Looks weird.
Try the ball gag next time.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

sdoyel wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:30 pm Mask/cover required in Dallas County. Went to Home Depot today and they had a guy checking people at the door.
That is good news.
Deleted User 310

I haven't been inside a grocery store in over a month now I think. Grocery pick up or delivery is easy. If delivered I tell them to leave it on the front step, then I go get it and move it into the garage where I wipe down everything I can before transferring it to wherever it goes.
Deleted User 289

I'm not going to tell you what you should or shouldn't do but I am going to tell you that I like you 99 and God forbid you contract the virus and have complications. I would truly be upset.
You might not be too worried about it and perhaps you really shouldn't be at all worried but if I were to be harsh I might say, it would really suck for your wife, kid/s, grandchild, if they were to see you get sick and suffer.
Here is what I would say to pretty much anyone/everyone Hey - you want to take the risk (no matter how small or big it may be) that's fine but for you to not give a shit about getting me or someone else sick is kind of selfish - simply because you don't want to wear a face covering. Don't cha think?
The flip side of that would be for someone to respond - If you're afraid of me getting you sick then perhaps you should stay at home and not go out to the store. I would say, duly noted.
Whatever you do or don't do in terms of wearing a face covering - I still like you 99!
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Went to the Post Office yesterday. They would not allow anyone to enter or be served unless they were wearing a face mask. Graceland PO.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

The local grocery chain now requires that all staff wear masks. Most of the female customers do, even most the male customers were wearing them this week.
Don't inject Lysol.