Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Nevermind. People are strange.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

you know, gutter, that you can just delete the whole post, right?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:05 pm Michiganders against excessive quarantine!

Looks like they’re protesting today.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/ ... ers-launch
I am reminded of this mindset every time I have to tell my 6 year old to not do something or to stop doing something.

Some toddlers grow up. Others stay toddlers forever and protest being asked to keep themselves and others safe by staying home for a while.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:30 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:05 pm Michiganders against excessive quarantine!

I think this is part of the plan. Keep pushing the citizenry with extensions of the lockdown and a crumbling economy, and eventually they will rise up violently. Then, the gummint has an excuse to declare martial law, and the end begins.
Some gun owners have been claiming this lame theory to justify their overindulgence in expensive, deadly toys for years. The government cannot organize sending checks out, you think they can organize something that large? Nope.
Deleted User 289

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:33 am you know, gutter, that you can just delete the whole post, right?
Yes, I realize I can delete the whole post. I admit I forgot/wasn't thinking about it earlier. Not sure why I went brain dead in that regard.

Now I am going to post something that is going to come off as being racist and I swear it's not my intention to do as such.

I have heard and read that there is a largely disproportionate amount of African Americans who have the virus. Many theories abound - none of which I care to try and disprove.
That being said, there have been way too many times that I have noticed and experienced African Americans either not knowing (giving them the benefit of my doubt) or not giving a shit about "physical/social distancing". That's not to say I haven't noticed it from "white" people because I surely have but it seems a lot more frequent with African Americans.

I had an experience in Walgreens about 45 minutes ago where I and multiple employees got in to it with a woman. It was actually very upsetting to me.
I was paying for my items and a woman felt the need to stand right next to me - despite the signs on the entrance to the store, all over the store, on the floor of the store, and the frequent announcements over the PA system telling people to please stand at least 6 feet apart when standing in line to pay for your items.
She was busy jabbering away with her two friends(?)/family members(?). All of a sudden she's now pressed against me putting her ONE not heavy item (Lysol wipes) on the counter next to my items. The checkout woman/cashier forcefully told her to back up and stand "in the circle" (designated spot on the floor - 6 feet away from the checkout counter). The woman ignored her and didn't move. The women she was with didn't tell her to move back either. Another employee (assumed Manager) walked over and told her to please stand six feet away. She moved about 2 feet away - if that.
That's when I gave her a look and said, "Will you please back up." She didn't.
Then I lost my temper and said, "BACK THE FUCK UP". The woman decided instead of backing up, she needed to get in my face and give me a piece of her mind. She said, "Who the fuck are you talking to - fuck you".
Store security (off duty Chicago Cop) had to intervene. FINALLY she backed up MAYBE 6 feet but it seemed closer to about 4 feet.
I paid for my shit and quickly left hoping she wouldn't follow me. She didn't.

Point of my sharing this is I am under the impression that perhaps one of the factors in the disproportionate amount of African Americans getting the virus very well may be that they are not in tune to "physical/social distancing" and they don't feel the rules apply to them and it's a power thing in that they feel nobody is going to tell me what to do and if they do - fuck 'em.
Maybe not. It was just a thought and something I have been witnessing.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:51 am
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:30 pm

I think this is part of the plan. Keep pushing the citizenry with extensions of the lockdown and a crumbling economy, and eventually they will rise up violently. Then, the gummint has an excuse to declare martial law, and the end begins.
Some gun owners have been claiming this lame theory to justify their overindulgence in expensive, deadly toys for years. The government cannot organize sending checks out, you think they can organize something that large? Nope.
I sincerely hope you're correct.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 289

I'm waiting for some gun owning genius to be interviewed by some local news station and say, "There are more gun related deaths in the US every year than there have been COVID-19 related deaths - open up the country!" WHOOPS!
Deleted User 289

Buddy of mine just posted this.....

Today I have mixed emotions~ it was supposed to be a celebration of marriage for my daughter Leigh and Steve. The wedding will not take place today, due to what is currently going on around the world, but their love for one another is so strong and the celebrating will happen soon. I cannot only think of what this day meant to us, but what other families are going through as they worry about a sick parent or a friend suffering from this horrible illness.
Leigh and Steve will be married at a later date and it will be a celebration of a new beginning and a lifetime of happiness. Today I would like for everyone to please pray for the sick and all of our doctors, nurses, healthcare workers and first responders fighting this battle. Leigh and Steve we love you and are looking forward to your special day in the future!
Love John,Katie,Mac,Nicholas&Declan
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Grandma wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:08 am
TraditionKU wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:33 am you know, gutter, that you can just delete the whole post, right?
Yes, I realize I can delete the whole post. I admit I forgot/wasn't thinking about it earlier. Not sure why I went brain dead in that regard.

Now I am going to post something that is going to come off as being racist and I swear it's not my intention to do as such.

I have heard and read that there is a largely disproportionate amount of African Americans who have the virus. Many theories abound - none of which I care to try and disprove.
That being said, there have been way too many times that I have noticed and experienced African Americans either not knowing (giving them the benefit of my doubt) or not giving a shit about "physical/social distancing". That's not to say I haven't noticed it from "white" people because I surely have but it seems a lot more frequent with African Americans.

I had an experience in Walgreens about 45 minutes ago where I and multiple employees got in to it with a woman. It was actually very upsetting to me.
I was paying for my items and a woman felt the need to stand right next to me - despite the signs on the entrance to the store, all over the store, on the floor of the store, and the frequent announcements over the PA system telling people to please stand at least 6 feet apart when standing in line to pay for your items.
She was busy jabbering away with her two friends(?)/family members(?). All of a sudden she's now pressed against me putting her ONE not heavy item (Lysol wipes) on the counter next to my items. The checkout woman/cashier forcefully told her to back up and stand "in the circle" (designated spot on the floor - 6 feet away from the checkout counter). The woman ignored her and didn't move. The women she was with didn't tell her to move back either. Another employee (assumed Manager) walked over and told her to please stand six feet away. She moved about 2 feet away - if that.
Then I lost my temper and said, "BACK THE FUCK UP". The woman decided instead of backing up, she needed to get in my face and give me a piece of her mind. She said, "Who the fuck are you talking to - fuck you".
Store security (off duty Chicago Cop) had to intervene. FINALLY she backed up MAYBE 6 feet but it seemed closer to about 4 feet.

Point of my sharing this is I am under the impression that perhaps one of the factors in the disproportionate amount of African Americans getting the virus very well may be that they are not in tune to "physical/social distancing" and they don't feel the rules apply to them and it's a power thing in that they feel nobody is going to tell me what to do and if they do - fuck 'em.
The most stunning part of your post, Gutman, is that you somehow found Lysol Wipes at a Walgreen's?

I can't find them anywhere.
Last edited by chiknbut on Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 289

I couldn't either. Went to the Walgreens at Michigan and Chicago and got there at 8:15am. They are usually open 24/7 but were closed and didn't open until 9:00. Came back at 9:05 and there must have been at least 50 people in the store. I guess 45 of which had Lysol or Clorox wipes in their hands. This Walgreens had both of them.
Deleted User 289

I have seen multiple people post videos of their kids doing/saying the same thing.
First one I viewed I laughed.

ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Grandma wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:08 am

I get it . You simply say it is not your intention.
Last edited by ChalkRocker on Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Deleted User 289

I learned this evening that many nurses that work in major Chicago hospitals and are treating COVID-19 patients STILL do NOT have the proper PPE, they (the nurses) are not being tested on a frequent basis, and maybe it's changed but as recently as last week they were not receiving "hazard pay".
I'm not a lawyer or a doctor/nurse so I don't know if they should be entitled to "hazard pay" but for them to STILL not have proper PPE and not be tested frequently blows my mind.
Where do we live? In Mozambique?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

We live in a healthcare for profit country.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Grandma wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:54 pm I learned this evening that many nurses that work in major Chicago hospitals and are treating COVID-19 patients STILL do NOT have the proper PPE, they (the nurses) are not being tested on a frequent basis, and maybe it's changed but as recently as last week they were not receiving "hazard pay".
I'm not a lawyer or a doctor/nurse so I don't know if they should be entitled to "hazard pay" but for them to STILL not have proper PPE and not be tested frequently blows my mind.
C'mon, they've been called heroes and received standing ovations. Isn't that enough?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:28 pm
Grandma wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:54 pm I learned this evening that many nurses that work in major Chicago hospitals and are treating COVID-19 patients STILL do NOT have the proper PPE, they (the nurses) are not being tested on a frequent basis, and maybe it's changed but as recently as last week they were not receiving "hazard pay".
C'mon, they've been called heroes and received standing ovations. Isn't that enough?
It's bad enough that the healthcare workers have to be up to their necks in possible exposure repeatedly throughout every day without the proper protection, but then think about them having to go home to their apartment or house and potentially expose the rest of their family. With adequate PPE, once you take it off and leave it at the hospital, you could feel at least a little more at ease about putting your loved ones, and everyone else, at risk.

And that's not to mention all the aides and housekeeping and maintenance, etc. workers who need PPE, and their exposures, too.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^

and Mich's dandelion boy, too.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Shirley
Contributor