Georgia reopening

Coffee talk.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Georgia reopening

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:00 pm ^^^^

A sport isn’t a sport if the majority of the participants are still virgins.
Little League World Series???
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

as long as someone on the roster has some ink.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

If I lived in Georgia I would continue staying at home.

We pulled my daughter from school 2 or 3 days before it was officially cancelled just to be cautious because we could see what was about to happen.

I will continue to monitor the situation and gather facts from the medical professionals and make my own determination when it's safe to resume some sort of normal life. I hope others do the same, and don't solely depend on politicians and mainstream media to make that decision for them.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

ousdahl had two hall of fame worthy back to back posts on this thread. Well done!

Illini - Easier to say what we would or wouldn't do when we are not directly faced with the same decision/s.
Are you a small business owner in Georgia who is responsible for your family and your employees and their families? I would hate to have to make a decision on what I should or shouldn't do in that situation.

I had an hour an a half "town hall" video conference with my 500 or so fellow co-workers yesterday.
We were all assured that there will be no layoffs. Everyone's job is safe and everyone will get paid and that will continue for as long as it needs to continue.
It was strongly stated that when we are "back to work", if anyone is scared to come back to work there should not be and will not be any stigma placed upon that person.
Thankfully most employees can work from home in some if not all capacity so we have that luxury. Many/most businesses do not.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

With the kids now not going back to school until approximately fucking Labor Day, and with Mrs. Fish's job being much harder to do from home than mine, I think I'm stuck at home for the medium-haul.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Feral wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:47 pm Apparently in tonight's briefing, Trump is telling Georgia it's too soon to "open".

A lucid moment?

I wonder what he'll decide later tonight, or tomorrow about "opening"?
Trump was chumming the waters with his "re-open" states Tweets and he reeled the Governor of Georgia in.

He can claim it's still too early, but he knew what he did. He found his sucker and is trying to absolve himself of any future problems.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

chiknbut wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:21 am
Feral wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:47 pm Apparently in tonight's briefing, Trump is telling Georgia it's too soon to "open".

A lucid moment?

I wonder what he'll decide later tonight, or tomorrow about "opening"?
Trump was chumming the waters with his "re-open" states Tweets and he reeled the Governor of Georgia in.

He can claim it's still too early, but he knew what he did. He found his sucker and is trying to absolve himself of any future problems.
I think his team possesses the mild degree of cunning necessary to run that (very, very obvious) playbook.

As for Trump himself, I think he's keen to the vast polling disparity between him and the doctors, and the doctors told him they wouldn't support him supporting Georgia.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

chikn - Bingo! Did you happen to hear him mention specifics? I think "Spas, beauty salons, tattoo parlors, barber shops - it's too soon". Found it interesting that multiple times he felt the need to reiterate that he loves/likes tattoo parlors and people who have tattoos.
He's just not a fan of having one himself (like me). Or at least he wasn't before he became President.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Interesting poll results in Florida. Might give Trump, DeSantis pause, although DC will surely be along shortly to explain why it doesn't matter.

A Quinnipiac University Poll released Wednesday found 72% of Florida voters don’t want social-distancing rules eased before May, while 22% disagreed.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronaviru ... story.html
Don't inject Lysol.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

seahawk wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:18 am Interesting poll results in Florida. Might give Trump, DeSantis pause, although DC will surely be along shortly to explain why it doesn't matter.

A Quinnipiac University Poll released Wednesday found 72% of Florida voters don’t want social-distancing rules eased before May, while 22% disagreed.

It's not "it" that doesn't matter.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Always like it when you demonstrate how little you know about politics, DC.
Don't inject Lysol.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

seahawk wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:18 am Interesting poll results in Florida. Might give Trump, DeSantis pause, although DC will surely be along shortly to explain why it doesn't matter.

From the study:

...There’s a big partisan difference in trusted sources of reliable information: 79% of Democrats and 66% of independents say they rely most on public health officials. Among Republicans, 39% rely most on public health officials and 37% rely most on Trump...

Not very inspiring.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Feral wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:06 am

From the study:

...There’s a big partisan difference in trusted sources of reliable information: 79% of Democrats and 66% of independents say they rely most on public health officials. Among Republicans, 39% rely most on public health officials and 37% rely most on Trump...

Not very inspiring.
And this - which represents the most durable part of Trump's base - is why I fear we've only begun to see the chicanery and shenanigans that will go into destabilizing/delegitimizing the November election.

That 37%ish figure isn't going to go up over the next several months. Indeed, a decent portion of that 37% is about to go through, or is presently in, hell. It's extremely hard to see a path for Trump to win again, absent some weird shit.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

seahawk wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:30 am Always like it when you demonstrate how little you know about politics, DC.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:12 am

From the study:

Not very inspiring.
And this - which represents the most durable part of Trump's base - is why I fear we've only begun to see the chicanery and shenanigans that will go into destabilizing/delegitimizing the November election.

That 37%ish figure isn't going to go up over the next several months. Indeed, a decent portion of that 37% is about to go through, or is presently in, hell. It's extremely hard to see a path for Trump to win again, absent some weird shit.
Yeah, it’s not hard to imagine Trump saying or tweeting things to destabilize and delegitimize. The real question is just how far the rest of his party will continue to march in lock step with it.

And because of the way they’ve marched in lock step, I’m actually kinda surprised that only 37% of republicans rely most on Trump.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:30 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:12 am

From the study:

Not very inspiring.

Yeah, it’s not hard to imagine Trump saying or tweeting things to destabilize and delegitimize. The real question is just how far the rest of his party will continue to march in lock step with it.

And because of the way they’ve marched in lock step, I’m actually kinda surprised that only 37% of republicans rely most on Trump.
To this end, the simplest answer is that it will depend on whether McConnell perceives his seat and/or the Senate majority to be in jeopardy.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:16 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:00 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:11 pm

I'd watch goddamned college field hockey at this point.
eSports fans have prepped for this.
There is no goddamn such thing as esports. Thats not a goddamn sport, its people playing stupid goddamn video games.

And get off my goddamn lawn
Judging by your last statement, I know you know this, and I'm no fan of the "sport," but while the competition is seemingly made up, the money is anything but.

The arenas being bid and built have real economic impact. Plus, think of all the Taco Bells that will be built by those places.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mountain Dew code red!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:23 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:16 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:00 pm

eSports fans have prepped for this.
There is no goddamn such thing as esports. Thats not a goddamn sport, its people playing stupid goddamn video games.

And get off my goddamn lawn
Judging by your last statement, I know you know this, and I'm no fan of the "sport," but while the competition is seemingly made up, the money is anything but.

The arenas being bid and built have real economic impact. Plus, think of all the Taco Bells that will be built by those places.
Yea it makes me sick to think of the people busting ass to get by and these kids are making 6 figures or more playing a goddamn video game. How does that benefit society in amy way shape or form?
Just Ledoux it