COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Mjl

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Mjl »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:09 pm Yeah, was it me, or did he say that you could put UV light "inside" of people?
You never saw that episode of scrubs?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Drink bleach, Donnie.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Geezer wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:59 pm Drink bleach, Donnie.
Should be an interesting weekend.
Starts today with Orange Julius Ceasar saying that he never said that.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Mr. President, I'm feeling some symptoms and think I might have the virus. I want to drink some lemonade but I'm out of lemons. I should use this to make some lemonade and it might cure me- right? Or should I just inject it in to my blood stream?

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

We joke a lot but some of this is not funny.

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/UK-an ... 95241.html

UK officials say they began communicating with about 1,700 employees who will be placed on low operational activity/administrative no-pay status for what we hope is a short period of time. Approximately 1,500 of those impacted work across the UK HealthCare enterprise.
Broham
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:52 am We joke a lot but some of this is not funny.

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/UK-an ... 95241.html

UK officials say they began communicating with about 1,700 employees who will be placed on low operational activity/administrative no-pay status for what we hope is a short period of time. Approximately 1,500 of those impacted work across the UK HealthCare enterprise.
My institution implemented an across the board 10% pay cut for all non-faculty salaried employees, cut hourly non-faculty back to 30 hours per week, and halted contributions to retirement funding for all employees. They also laid off a sizeable number. All of that was clear back in mid-March. The real cuts will start if enrollment numbers are impacted by what is going on come August. Rumor is that football season may be moved to be a Spring sport for the year.
Last edited by HouseDivided on Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:54 am
Hey, I was right. It was SARCASM!
Dear Leader has such a great sense of humor.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Can anyone knowledgeable try to explain how these clots can 'just pop up' in real time?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... e=facebook

As Oxley, an interventional neurologist, began the procedure to remove the clot, he observed something he had never seen before. On the monitors, the brain typically shows up as a tangle of black squiggles — “like a can of spaghetti,” he said — that provide a map of blood vessels. A clot shows up as a blank spot. As he used a needlelike device to pull out the clot, he saw new clots forming in real-time around it.
Deleted User 289

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:44 pm
Interesting that not a single person in the room thought it was sarcastic - nor funny.
Including him when he said it.
Perfect time to be sarcastic and funny - when you are asking doctors questions while addressing a nation (and the world) regarding a "war" in which 50,000 Americans have died from it.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:12 am

Interesting that not a single person in the room thought it was sarcastic - nor funny.
Perfect time to be sarcastic and funny - when you are asking doctors questions while addressing a nation (and the world) regarding a "war" in which 50,000 Americans have died from it.
Could be that he's just like the rest of us and sick of all of the gotcha games and bickering. Like him or not, every word the guy says gets run back at him as stupid, callous, ignorant, irresponsible or uninformed. I realize that it true of every POTUS, but even St. BO snapped from time to time, and he had a fawning press at his beck and call.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

He's allowed to resign.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

When did BO snap?

You didn’t build that?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:02 pm He's allowed to resign.
Then you'd just bitch about Pence, and whoever beat out Bad Touch Joe in November, for four more years.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:45 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:02 pm He's allowed to resign.
Then you'd just bitch about Pence, and whoever beat out Bad Touch Joe in November, for four more years.
I think you have me confused with someone else, although this thread has turned political.

When people say stupid shit, it's going to get ran back at them. That's something I think you'd agree with normally. Getting angry with the President's feud with the media is as lame as the feud itself.

A virus has killed millions and and the economy and we're being told to check our sarcasm meters.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

I'm trying to imaging the teleconference with the Lysol CEO and his public information and marketing people, asking them how quickly they can get an ad on the air warning people not to inject their product, telling them to buy TV time as quickly as possible on the major networks and the cable buys, and to produce a written press release immediately if not sooner. Must have been wild.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 289

HouseDivided wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:57 am
Grandma wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:12 am

Could be that he's just like the rest of us and sick of all of the gotcha games and bickering. Like him or not, every word the guy says gets run back at him as stupid, callous, ignorant, irresponsible or uninformed. I realize that it true of every POTUS, but even St. BO snapped from time to time, and he had a fawning press at his beck and call.
If he's a sane person (I don't think he is - you're the professional so perhaps you're a better judge than I am) then he probably should be sick of all the gotcha games and bickering - but you're well aware he thrives on "winning" and making enemies. He gets off on it.
Not every word he says is "stupid, callous, ignorant, irresponsible or uninformed" but too many are considering his position. He should be called out for/on it.
You mentioned BO. There is one big similarity and one big difference between Trump and Obama that I am thinking about right now. The similarity is their egos. The difference is Obama admitted to mistakes, showed accountability, and remorse, and even apologized.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

seahawk wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:49 pm I'm trying to imaging the teleconference with the Lysol CEO and his public information and marketing people, asking them how quickly they can get an ad on the air warning people not to inject their product, telling them to buy TV time as quickly as possible on the major networks and the cable buys, and to produce a written press release immediately if not sooner. Must have been wild.
Stimulating the economy via advertising purchases. Brilliant.

This post is sarcasm.
Just Ledoux it
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Mjl wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:32 pm You never saw that episode of scrubs?
I really liked that show.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sarah Chalke is a talent.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ChalkRocker wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:42 pm
Mjl wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:32 pm You never saw that episode of scrubs?
I really liked that show.
Ive been subjected to so so many hours of greys anatomy and greys anatomy reruns that i dont like any medical dramas now
Just Ledoux it