Ugh.
Deleted User 89

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Seahawk beat ya to it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

OK, no problem. I haven't been on here much lately and don't feel like reading through pages and pages of posts to catch up on what has and hasn't been posted. It was a sobering read. It has its issues, inaccuracies and assumptions like anything else but it was an interesting wrap up of the state of things here.

Trump is an embarrassment on a global scale and I'll be glad when this period of time is behind us. There will be residual problems for generations as a result of this era but I hope we don't have this level of morally repugnant grifter roll through our national discourse again for a long time.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

seahawk wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:48 am
HouseDivided wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:18 am
Geezer wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:53 pm People pay money for that?
Makes you feel kinda foolish that you choose to be a dick for free, huh?
Both my husband and a former roommate taught criminal psychology and criminal justice at a community college. Kind of a better bargain, since they actually knew something about the topic, seeing as how they'd spent a good deal of time in the "laboratory".
Considering how little you know about my qualifications or abilities, I will lump your comments in the garbage right along with Geezer's.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

if some of the things you post on here are reflective of your qualifications and/or abilities......
Doesn't mean people's assumptions are right (or wrong), just means you may be giving people a little insight as to what they are - or are not.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:49 pm if some of the things you post on here are reflective of your qualifications and/or abilities......
Doesn't mean people's assumptions are right (or wrong), just means you may be giving people a little insight as to what they are - or are not.
People will assume what they will assume. I couldn't care less. Individuals who automatically assume that those who disagree with them are stupid, ignorant, and/or uneducated - which is about 95% of those who post here - have their own issues to deal with.
Deleted User 289

Well said HD. We all have our own issues to deal with. You included. Amiright?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:01 pm We all have our own issues to deal with. You included. Amiright?
No question.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

So everybody else is the asshole.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 289

Well, one asshole is our Vice President. Went to the Mayo Clinic and refused to wear a mask - which is a requirement for ALL visitors right now.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mike-pe ... sit-2020-4

* EDIT * Should have figured someone else had posted about it - as Feral did on the "No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore" thread and chikinbut did in the shit people thread.
Both very appropriate places to post it.
Deleted User 89

why did they let him in?

is he above the rules?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

It seems like nearly every day I consider and then don't start a new thread that's some combination of "Fuck Republicans", and "How To Weaponize A Pandemic":

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 289

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:29 pm why did they let him in?

is he above the rules?
Fantastic question/s!

The Mayo Clinic failed on this too.

I heard Pence be asked by a reporter why he didn't wear a mask. Typical/usual answer - "I get tested frequently and I don't have the virus". So...... Unless he was tested 10 seconds before the reporter asked the question, how does he know he hasn't contracted the virus since the last time he was tested?
Go figure that the "Head" of the USA Coronavirus "Task Force" just doesn't get it.

That's not even mentioning that he had blatant disregard for the rules of the hospital.
The guy went there to pay his respect to the hospital workers/staff/patients and what did he do?
He disrespected them by not following the rules they have set in place.

JFC?
Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 89

yes, JFC
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:30 pm
I think he's overly criticized for the supposed lack of testing. If you go by the worldometer numbers, the US indeed has tested far more than any other country.
Deleted User 89

i disagree

but for me, it’s the percentage of the population that matters, not the absolute numbers
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Per capita testing is the important column.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:27 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:18 am

Makes you feel kinda foolish that you choose to be a dick for free, huh?
Both my husband and a former roommate taught criminal psychology and criminal justice at a community college. Kind of a better bargain, since they actually knew something about the topic, seeing as how they'd spent a good deal of time in the "laboratory".
Considering how little you know about my qualifications or abilities, I will lump your comments in the garbage right along with Geezer's.

I simply agreed with Geezer that you brag about being compensated for stuff you don't know much about and there are better educational bargains to be had at community colleges, with people who are experts in the field. My husband always laughed at the amateurs who like to focus on the rare sociopathic criminals when his experience of 10 years as a prosecutor and 24 adjudicating in a courtroom every day indicated that most criminals were just poor, dumb, and from an abusive background. He and my former roommate, who had been shot and done hard time as a young adult and then gotten a Phd. in psychology and been in charge of psych services at a maximum security prison, were in agreement.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 289

Mjl wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:46 pm
sdoyel wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:30 pm
I think he's overly criticized for the supposed lack of testing. If you go by the worldometer numbers, the US indeed has tested far more than any other country.
You're kidding. Right? Please tell me you're kidding!

"supposed" lack of testing? What don't you believe that makes you use the word "supposed"?
You think he's being "overly criticized"? Fuck him! I feel he's not being criticized enough.
I don't give a fuck if we have had 10X the amount of testing as the entire world combined, let's take a look at the bigger picture and what our President has done/said to deserve to be criticized for.
Geezer pointed out a/the major factor - "Per capita testing is the important column".
Besides the fact that 95% of Americans couldn't get tested TODAY if they all NEEDED to get tested, where was the testing EARLY?

A) March 6th 2020 - "Anybody that wants a test can get a test. That’s what the bottom line is." - Donald J Chump
That alone, right there, is worthy of EXTREME criticism. It was an OUTRIGHT BOLDFACED BULLSHIT LIE.

B) I'm not sure on the specific date but I believe it was March 11th or 12th - “The system is not really geared to what we need right now — what you are asking for,”
“That is a failing. It is a failing. Let's admit it.”
“The idea of anybody getting it easily the way people in other countries are doing it, we're not set up for that. Do I think we should be? Yes, but we're not," - Dr. Anthony Fauci.

C) I could go on and on and on and on with examples of how a lack of testing has negatively affected people in this country. I'll simply state how it has affected ME directly.
I was symptomatic. Several symptoms at the same time. When I called my Internist and told him my symptoms he said treat yourself as if you have the virus. He told me he couldn't even put in an order at Northwestern Hospital for me to get tested unless I was in "really bad shape". My Internist is affiliated with Northwestern Hospital.
I have a cousin in New York who had the same experience as me. She quarantined herself for 14 days from her husband, son, and daughter. Still isn't feeling great and doesn't know what she should do - or not do.

D) This past Monday there were numerous Northwestern Hospital doctors and nurses standing on Fairbanks between Erie and Huron. They weren't necessarily "protesting", they were trying to bring awareness to their plight. Many were holding signs stating things such as that they STILL don't get tested themselves on a frequent basis (also - they STILL don't have proper PPE). While being interviewed by local news stations, some stated they not only are treating patients without knowing if they are COVID-19 positive, they have families to go home to that they don't know if they are infecting them or not.
DOCTORS AND NURSES aren't being tested. What good reason is there for that?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

seahawk wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:38 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:27 pm

I simply agreed with Geezer that you brag about being compensated for stuff you don't know much about and there are better educational bargains to be had at community colleges, with people who are experts in the field. My husband always laughed at the amateurs who like to focus on the rare sociopathic criminals when his experience of 10 years as a prosecutor and 24 adjudicating in a courtroom every day indicated that most criminals were just poor, dumb, and from an abusive background. He and my former roommate, who had been shot and done hard time as a young adult and then gotten a Phd. in psychology and been in charge of psych services at a maximum security prison, were in agreement.
Well, I have never tried to brag about anything. On the contrary, I don’t see anything about my life that anyone here would find to be cause for envy. I’m sorry you read it that way.

The point of the exercise in question was to help the future LEO’s and social workers understand that many people who meet the diagnostic criteria for sociopathy never end up committing significant crimes, but do end up making themselves and the people around them unhappy because of the way their life experiences and brain functioning cause them to see and respond to the world around them.

Ric Flair was a lifelong alcoholic, compulsive gambler and spender, burned through multiple marriages because of uncontrolled sexual behavior, was an absentee father, and stood by watching his son kill himself with heroin because he was too wrapped up in his own career - all of which he admitted in the documentary. There are multiple broad applications of his story for people in the helping professions.