Roof replacement

Coffee talk.
shindig

Roof replacement

Post by shindig »

Just wondering if anybody has experience with replacing a roof on a house (i.e. choosing a roofing company, working with insurance, etc.). My roof is maybe 13 years old, but I noticed a few shingles were buckling in a couple places. I called a roofing company (Blue Rain Roofing) just to have them check it out. He just sent me an email back and said the roof had hail damage and needed replaced (not what I was hoping to hear).

So do I get some more inspections from other roofing companies, or do I just call my State Farm agent and let them know and have them send out a roofing expert? I don't know.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Roof replacement

Post by Shirley »

IMO, Plan B. Call Jake and tell him what the roofing co. found, and he'll send an adjuster out to look at it.

Last edited by Shirley on Fri May 01, 2020 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

shindig wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:04 am Just wondering if anybody has experience with replacing a roof on a house (i.e. choosing a roofing company, working with insurance, etc.). My roof is maybe 13 years old, but I noticed a few shingles were buckling in a couple places. I called a roofing company (Blue Rain Roofing) just to have them check it out. He just sent me an email back and said the roof had hail damage and needed replaced (not what I was hoping to hear).

So do I get some more inspections from other roofing companies, or do I just call my State Farm agent and let them know and have them send out a roofing expert? I don't know.
If the problem is, in fact, hail damage, then a good roofing company can/will deal with your insurance company directly. Ask Blue Rain if they'll make that call. If so, their rep. should be willing to meet your insurance company's damage inspector at your place and show him the damage.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Shindig, if you want a 2nd estimate, I have a friend who owns a local roofing company. Good honest people, and a Jayhawk alum too.
shindig

Post by shindig »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:09 am
shindig wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:04 am Just wondering if anybody has experience with replacing a roof on a house (i.e. choosing a roofing company, working with insurance, etc.). My roof is maybe 13 years old, but I noticed a few shingles were buckling in a couple places. I called a roofing company (Blue Rain Roofing) just to have them check it out. He just sent me an email back and said the roof had hail damage and needed replaced (not what I was hoping to hear).

If the problem is, in fact, hail damage, then a good roofing company can/will deal with your insurance company directly. Ask Blue Rain if they'll make that call. If so, their rep. should be willing to meet your insurance company's damage inspector at your place and show him the damage.
Ok, good advice. I have the detail report Blue Rain sent to me. I guess I'll call Jake (actually my agent is Tony Guy, yes, the 1981 McD's All-American who played for KU).
shindig

Post by shindig »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:13 am Shindig, if you want a 2nd estimate, I have a friend who owns a local roofing company. Good honest people, and a Jayhawk alum too.
Sure, if you want to PM me or just post their name here, I would like to have 2 reports before I get too worried.

Thanks