The Worst People in the World...

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Re: The Worst People in the World...

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Not too sure who is sitting at home waiting to die. I hope no one.
I would also hope no one would chose to be miserable.
It was a beautiful day in Chicago yesterday. While I couldn't ride my bike on the path/s I enjoy riding on, and I couldn't sit at the beach, and I couldn't sit outside and dine at a restaurant, I was able to take a nice walk, sit in a park that wasn't closed, walk along the "river walk" (despite that it was supposed to be closed - and wasn't), sit on a bench and watch people (and dogs) walk by, listen to music, and read.
I made what I felt was the best way to spend my day. It was all good. Really good.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:10 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:21 pm Actually, who exactly is protesting?

Are they out protesting to be hairdressers and waitresses again?

Or is it other people demanding waitresses and hairdressers go back to work?

Should the service industry have to risk their health and lives cuz Suburban Sally wants bangs?
You do understand that in economies, people are interdependent, right? If suburban mom doesn’t go get her hair and nails did, cosmetologist can’t pay her rent. If cosmetologist can’t pay her rent, landlord can’t make his car payment. If landlord can’t make his car payment, bank employee loses his job. If bank employee loses his job, he can’t pay his kids’ tuition. If tuition can’t be paid, teachers lose their jobs. If teachers lose their jobs, they can’t afford to go to the restaurant. If they can’t afford to go to the restaurant, the restaurant owner’s wife can’t go get her hair and nails did.

Everybody eventually gets stung, except elected officials, who are going to get theirs no matter what.
A college professor wrote that?
Don't inject Lysol.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

When you are trying to combat Agenda 30, anything goes.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

California Baby!

Anyone know what happened to the "conservative", "real", "patriotic" American chant, "Blue Lives Matter"? Or, was that just code language for racist white people to say FU to black and brown people without being caught?

Notice the children in this video:

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Feral wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:49 am California Baby!

Anyone know what happened to the "conservative", "real", "patriotic" American chant, "Blue Lives Matter"? Or, was that just code language for racist white people to say FU to black and brown people without being caught?

Everything’s racist! Yeah, baby!
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

seahawk wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:16 am
HouseDivided wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:10 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:21 pm Actually, who exactly is protesting?

Are they out protesting to be hairdressers and waitresses again?

Or is it other people demanding waitresses and hairdressers go back to work?

Should the service industry have to risk their health and lives cuz Suburban Sally wants bangs?
You do understand that in economies, people are interdependent, right? If suburban mom doesn’t go get her hair and nails did, cosmetologist can’t pay her rent. If cosmetologist can’t pay her rent, landlord can’t make his car payment. If landlord can’t make his car payment, bank employee loses his job. If bank employee loses his job, he can’t pay his kids’ tuition. If tuition can’t be paid, teachers lose their jobs. If teachers lose their jobs, they can’t afford to go to the restaurant. If they can’t afford to go to the restaurant, the restaurant owner’s wife can’t go get her hair and nails did.

Everybody eventually gets stung, except elected officials, who are going to get theirs no matter what.
A college professor wrote that?
I was using poor grammar and colloquialisms to be funny. Sorry that escaped you.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

HouseDivided wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:07 pm

Everything’s racist! Yeah, baby!
Why not just fire up the water cannons, like at Standing Rock?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

They're conservatives?

Weird isn't it? The parties/ideologies seem to have traded places. You wonder what happened to the "blue lives matter" folks, and I wonder when you people came to the conclusion that unlimited state and police powers were a good thing.

Seems to me that some sort of middle ground might be a comfortable place to land, a position in which the state did NOT have unlimited power to coerce citizen behavior and in which the citizens did not demand that they should use their unlimited liberty to do whatever the hell they want to do.

The irony, however, is probably thickest in one demographic group in particular. If it feels good, do it, right?

Unless "it" involves going to the park or something truly heinous.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:10 pm
Why not just fire up the water cannons, like at Standing Rock?
Ousdahl morphed into Bull Connor so slowly...
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:36 pm

They're conservatives?

Weird isn't it? The parties/ideologies seem to have traded places. You wonder what happened to the "blue lives matter" folks, and I wonder when you people came to the conclusion that unlimited state and police powers were a good thing.

Seems to me that some sort of middle ground might be a comfortable place to land, a position in which the state did NOT have unlimited power to coerce citizen behavior and in which the citizens did not demand that they should use their unlimited liberty to do whatever the hell they want to do.

The irony, however, is probably thickest in one demographic group in particular. If it feels good, do it, right?

Unless "it" involves going to the park or something truly heinous.
"If it feels good, do it, right?"

Seriously, that's all you've got?

Stop embarrassing yourself, it's painful to watch.
Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Speaking of painful to watch.

That's not what I've "got."

You seem to be confused.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 2:32 pm Speaking of painful to watch.

You seem to be confused.
"Seems to me that some sort of middle ground might be a comfortable place to land, a position in which the state did NOT have unlimited power to coerce citizen behavior...

Your posts are becoming more like Psych's. Without distorting or putting words into people's mouths, you have little to no argument.

Your condemnation of the "demographic" that helped pass the Voting Rights Act and Civil Rights Act and then forced republican traitor Nixon to resign puts the lie to this statement of yours:

Weird isn't it? The parties/ideologies seem to have traded places..."

Because here we are half a century later and the "parties/ideologies" haven't changed. Democrats still have to fight tooth and nail to keep republicans from denying people, mainly blacks, their right to vote. And here we are again, fighting yet another traitorous republican president, wholly and totally enabled, by republicans.
Derek Cressman
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Geezer wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:40 am When you are trying to combat Agenda 30, anything goes.
Thank you for getting the number right this time.
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 3:01 pm

You seem to be confused.
"Seems to me that some sort of middle ground might be a comfortable place to land, a position in which the state did NOT have unlimited power to coerce citizen behavior...

Your posts are becoming more like Psych's. Without distorting or putting words into people's mouths, you have little to no argument.

Your condemnation of the "demographic" that helped pass the Voting Rights Act and Civil Rights Act and then forced republican traitor Nixon to resign puts the lie to this statement of yours:

Because here we are half a century later and the "parties/ideologies" haven't changed. Democrats still have to fight tooth and nail to keep republicans from denying people, mainly blacks, their right to vote. And here we are again, fighting yet another traitorous republican president, wholly and totally enabled, by republicans.
Yikes.

Speaking of ideologies and trading places, on the one hand, your post is perfectly irrational and reactionary, randomly wandering off-subject to discuss things that are entirely unrelated, which is necessary, apparently, because I "have little to no argument."

On the other hand, OK, Boomer.

The OLDEST Boomers were 18 when the Civil Rights Act was passed and 19 when the Voting Rights Act was passed. And since the 26th Amendment wasn't passed until 1971, this is, predictably, another case of a Boomer claiming credit for someone else's work. Well done.

Is there a chance you might point to where I distorted or put words in your mouth?

Or maybe you'll just decide to take a deep breath.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 3:18 pm

You seem to be confused.

Yikes.

Speaking of ideologies and trading places, on the one hand, your post is perfectly irrational and reactionary, randomly wandering off-subject to discuss things that are entirely unrelated, which is necessary, apparently, because I "have little to no argument."

On the other hand, OK, Boomer.

The OLDEST Boomers were 18 when the Civil Rights Act was passed and 19 when the Voting Rights Act was passed. And since the 26th Amendment wasn't passed until 1971, this is, predictably, another case of a Boomer claiming credit for someone else's work. Well done.

Is there a chance you might point to where I distorted or put words in your mouth?

Or maybe you'll just decide to take a deep breath.

Right, because you read all about it.
Derek Cressman
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

What passed the Civil Rights Act was the violence of Bull Connors' Birmingham and the loss of life of 4 young black girls, who actually were Boomers. I heard one of their friends speak about that time a few years ago, reminding us that it was violence that shocked the nation.

The black kids who marched across a Neo Nazi picket line on my first day of high school to integrate a high school in the South were Boomers, as were the ones doing the same thing elsewhere in the South. The first black football player to graduate in the SEC, a TV actor that I heard speak several years ago, was also a Boomer.
Don't inject Lysol.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 3:27 pm
Right, because you read all about it.
Yep.

Same as you.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

You seem to be confused.

Also, lulz.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/cu ... 19-966935/

t at least one survey shows that baby boomers, one of the demographics that is most at risk of COVID-19 (to the degree that the illness has been uncharitably referred to by youngsters as the “boomer remover”), are most resistant to changing their habits. According to a survey from the consumer insights company STAANCE that polled more than 2,000 Americans, baby boomers were least likely to worry about contracting the virus, with 43 percent saying they were concerned about it as opposed to 53 percent of millennials and 54 percent of Gen X members. (They did not survey people older than boomers, i.e., those born before 1945.) Only 19 percent of boomers reported having canceled a flight as a result of coronavirus, as opposed to 31 percent of millennials and 28 percent of Gen X’ers....

Yet for the most part, these boomers’ relative unwillingness to confront the reality of COVID-19 seems to stem from the same impulse that guided my worst decisions during my teenage years: They just don’t like being told what to do, whether it’s in their best interest or not. “When you’re 55-plus and 60-plus, you’re already limited so much by what society says you can/can’t do due to your age,” says Deanna Kugler, 30, a public-relations professional based in New York. Kugler says she regularly fights with her parents, who live on Long Island, about things like going out to dinner and traveling to special events. “There’s a huge stigma around boomers not knowing things, being able to do certain things — I’m sure they recognize that and think, ‘I can do anything!’ when really they should be cautious and staying inside.”...

The psychic toll of this refusal to take the virus seriously can be devastating for older people’s loved ones. Over and over again, millennials and zoomers recounted their parents’ and grandparents’ adamant refusal to take the virus seriously, not just in terms of the frustration it caused them, but also the desperation and anxiety. “A stalemate is definitely where we’re at now,” says Kugler. “They’re not going to change their minds for anyone, especially not their own kids.”...
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Been over a decade and DC is still arrogant and full of shit.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Geezer wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:34 pm Been over a decade and DC is still arrogant and full of shit.
Funny, I was thinking the same of you.