Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:41 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:26 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:12 pm Is it your conclusion that the world locks down until we have a vaccine? Or it peters out? Whichever comes first?
We're going to get your wish and the country is opening up and tens of thousands more people will die because too many people will not follow guidelines and recommendations.
Spoken like someone who has not missed a paycheck.
False, my wife is missing a sizable chunk of her normal income and we will lose thousand upon thousands in rental income that we will have to cover out of our own pocket at the end of the year.

And if you had read my posts the last few weeks, I fully support areas opening up carefully provided that as many people respect the guidelines. I do happen to live in an area where A) we don't have a huge number of reported cases and B) folks here have respected posted guidelines fairly well. There haven't been idiots on the steps of our capital screaming at cops and nurses.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Do you even read what you post?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

You obviously failed to comprehend what the post said.

All of us probably have had to alter of income (missing paychecks) to help with these health issues. I’m missing paychecks so support staff doesn’t.

Right now, health preservation “trumps” paychecks, which warrants government intervention for those that don’t have employer safety nets.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I don't even know what everyone's fighting about.

This seems to be one of the few examples of compromise playing out in real life.

Restrictions are being lifted, it's happenning cautiously, and in a stepwise manner.

There's no perfect solution for this.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Leawood wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:36 pm You obviously failed to comprehend what the post said.
No, but thanks.

I understood the postS perfectly fine.

We're going to get your wish and the country is opening up and tens of thousands more people will die because too many people will not follow guidelines and recommendations.

I fully support areas opening up carefully provided that as many people respect the guidelines.

What we have here is either a flat, direct contradiction or a hedge that depends on a conditional that is utterly meaningless.

Just because you disagree with something you think I've said (although, in this case I haven't), that doesn't mean that you have to sacrifice your own credibility trying to whiteknight for someone who pulls every post out of his ass.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:41 pm I don't even know what everyone's fighting about.

This seems to be one of the few examples of compromise playing out in real life.

Restrictions are being lifted, it's happenning cautiously, and in a stepwise manner.

That's the thing. NO ONE has said "Let's open up everything right now and go back to living like we did before the pandemic!" This is the myth advanced in the service of the "Yay Team!" narrative.

People -- here, there, and everywhere -- are taking self-contradictory positions because they know that ending the lockdowns is already de facto reality, whether governments sanction it or not, but they desperately want their team to win and be right.

coachemup is the perfect example of this: "You're getting your wish, we're opening up, and people are going to die, Trumper!" followed by "I support opening up -- but unlike the grandmakiller Trumpers, I want it to be done carefully."
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

What percentage of Trumpers will actually wear a mask in public? Their supreme leader doesn’t... so....
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Well sdoyle, some Trumpers will proudly wear fucking MAGA hats but they'll not only choose not to wear a mask - but also refuse to wear a mask.
Of course plenty of Trump haters do the same. Referring to refusing to wear masks - of course.
What can I say? God Bless the United States of America?
You have to figure a decent percentage of people who REFUSE to wear a mask are spawns of people who REFUSED to wear a condom during the AIDS epidemic.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

sdoyel wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:14 pm What percentage of Trumpers will actually wear a mask in public? Their supreme leader doesn’t... so....
Hard to say....what % of them do you think need to wear a mask?
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:07 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:41 pm I don't even know what everyone's fighting about.

That's the thing. NO ONE has said "Let's open up everything right now and go back to living like we did before the pandemic!" This is the myth advanced in the service of the "Yay Team!" narrative.

People -- here, there, and everywhere -- are taking self-contradictory positions because they know that ending the lockdowns is already de facto reality, whether governments sanction it or not, but they desperately want their team to win and be right.

coachemup is the perfect example of this: "You're getting your wish, we're opening up, and people are going to die, Trumper!" followed by "I support opening up -- but unlike the grandmakiller Trumpers, I want it to be done carefully."
Why so angry and why blame twocoach? The guy you defend every day has come up with no strategy, no plan to reopen things, except "Encourage the Bubbas to go out and infect everyone they can, because I need to be re-elected."

Market forces seem to be at work, with people not excited about going out to crowded places, despite the willingness of politicians, like Worst Governor of a Large State, to disregard their safety for whatever curries favor with Donald Trump.

Trump's "A lotta people gonna die" is not a plan that gives anyone confidence.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 289

How can you watch this and not feel he's an asshole?

He's honoring nurses during "National Nurses Week". Watch his face and mannerisms while she's answering a question. He turns away clearly ticked off, he won't look her in the eyes (granted he would have to turn his body - but at least acknowledge she's speaking), and then he has the audacity to say, "Sporadic for you, but not sporadic for a lot of other people". As if she and her co-workers don't matter. Gee, how about telling her - I'm upset to hear this and we will make sure you get all the supplies you need? Check out at how uncomfortable the other nurses look.
Of course he had to throw in his blaming of Obama for the lack of PPE.
He also jokes, "I hope the tests work". This is the guy who says "the tests are perfect".

Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Wed May 06, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

You expect anything less from a sociopath?

DOWDY! CANKLES!!
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

We could open every business in the US that existed prior to the virus but the success of an economic rebound, as always, lies in the hands of the working class. Those that feel confident with their present and future health will take that giant step into the public and patronize those businesses. Last I heard only 30+% held those views.
Deleted User 289

There ya go defixone!
Seems many people tend not to realize that some if not many businesses are still destined to fail once they re-open. Of course I would prefer they open with the slim chance not to fail than never open again but for a lot of business owners the inevitable is going to happen. It's a gigantic sack of sucks.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:07 pm

It just feels like what I want (a slow, careful reopening) is going to get steamrolled by people who say "see, everything is fine, let's get back to normal now" who race back out and throw all caution to the wind and a ton more people are going to die. I cheer for and hope for none of those deaths and I wish to be proven wrong by people doing nothing but acting as responsibly as possible. I know I don't choose my words carefully because my time spent here lately is in tiny little windows. Sorry if it came off as me cheering fro "Trumpers" to die. I absolutely don't feel that way.

My wife's 96 year old grandmother is in a local nursing home and my aunt is on a farm in Kansas fighting the end stages of a life spent smoking cigarettes. My mom has had heart issues and my youngest has had a lifetime of breathing difficulties. So far, they are all OK although it feels like COVID-19 is circling closer and closer to all of their worlds in the last week or two.

I am stressed out of my f-ing mind right now so pardon me if I post in a hasty manner and don't pick my words carefully. Quite frankly, we don't win any actual awards for "most eloquent poster" here so I really don't give a fuck. Y'all are nice and all but your comfort and happiness with my posts is about 1,256th on my list right now.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Lotta tough stuff there, twocoach. Take care.
Don't inject Lysol.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Everyone has stuff they are worried about right now. My heart hurts just thinking about all the people suffering. I can't watch the news any more. It's going to be a grueling summer.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Grandma wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:14 pm How can you watch this and not feel he's an asshole?
Who ever said he's not an asshole?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

In a whistleblower complaint filed this week, top federal scientist Rick Bright alleges he was removed from his post for failing to go along with the president's push to promote a drug as a cure for COVID-19.

On Wednesday, Trump dismissed the complaint, telling reporters Bright "seems like a disgruntled employee who's trying to help the Democrats win an election."

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... iveupdates
Deleted User 289

dolomite wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:47 pm Good God twocoach, I didn't cherrypick anything regarding the DNC paying for this Russian dossier. Here are some other links with the facts. The fact is that political campaigns do dirty deeds in order to win.
The dems will do anything to discredit President Trump. I've never seen a political party so bitter over losing an election. It's time for the DEMS to pull their heads out of the sand and MOVE ON!

That’s the firm used by the DNC and Hillary Clinton’s campaign to secretly pay research firm Fusion GPS and Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence operative, to compile a dossier of uncorroborated raw intelligence alleging Trump and Moscow were colluding to hijack the presidential election.
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/40981 ... ier-before
n this case, the alleged "collusion" means Hillary Clinton "colluded with the Russians to get dirt on Trump to feed it to the FBI to open up an investigation into the other campaign," as House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes put it in this Washington Post fact check.
https://www.axios.com/clinton-foundatio ... 44baa.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump%E2% ... ia_dossier
https://wsau.com/blogs/ben-armstrong-bl ... collusion/
Bombshell number 1. Hillary had a secret private server with classified information on it.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... trump-rus/

Bombshell number 2. James Comey drafted in exoneration letter for Hillary Clinton months before the investigation was concluded. Even before Hillary Clinton was interviewed.

Bombshell number 3. The Clinton Foundation took in millions upon millions of dollars from the Russians. Bill Clinton was given $500,000 by the Russians for a speaking fee.

Bombshell number 4. Hillary and the DNC we're actually the ones behind the Russian Dossier. Hillary and the DNC paid for the Russian dossier through a law firm and then through Fusion GPS.

Bombshell number 5. Hillary's campaign violated campaign Finance law by hiding and not disclosing the payments to Fusion GPS.

Bombshell number 6. Robert Mueller (as head of the FBI) signed off on the Uranium One deal that gave the Russians 20% of our uranium. Yet, he is the one tasked to investigate Trump Russian Collusion.

Bombshell number 7. Text messages from Peter Strzok and Lisa Page show a plot to stop candidate Donald Trump from winning the election. Extreme bias and hatred were displayed in text messages by Peter Strzok who was the lead investigator looking into Donald Trump. Peter Strzok was also the lead investigator into Hillary Clinton's illegal server scandal.

Bombshell number 8. The fake Russian dossier, a political hit piece, was paid for by Hillary Clinton's campaign and was actually used in the FISA courts. Fake Russian information tricked the FISA courts into allowing the Obama Administration to spy on the Trump campaign.

Bombshell number 9. The FBI lies and says it lost five months of text messages between Peter Strzok and Lisa Page.

Bombshell number 10 Democrat congressmen say the Nunes memo cannot be released because people will die if classified information is released. The Nunes memo is released, and simply confirms that the bulk of the FBI information used in the FISA court was from the fake Russian dossier.

Bombshell number 11. James Comey lies to Bret Baier on Fox News and says the Russian dossier was NOT the bulk of information used to obtain the FISA warrant.

Bombshell number 12. The Grassley Graham memo confirmed Hillary colluded and paid a foreign British agent Christopher Steele, Fusion GPS, and the Russians in order to trick America and the FISA courts about Trump Russian collusion.

Bombshell number 13. Christopher Steele was the only source behind the Russian dossier. He leaked the dossier to Yahoo news, and then the FBI pretended and tricked the FISA court into believing that the Yahoo news story was separate and additional confirmation about Trump Russia collusion.

Bombshell number 14 Christopher Steele never even went to Russia to obtain information.

Bombshell number 15. Christopher Steele testifies in a British Court that his Russian dossier is unverified information. Confirming James Comey's statement that the Russian dossier was salacious and unverified.

Bombshell number 16. The FBI placed spies into the Trump campaign even before the FISA warrant. The media justifies it by calling the spies “Confidential Informants".

Bombshell number 17. The Inspector General report confirms that the FBI handled the Hillary Clinton investigation with kid gloves. No real investigation actually took place.

Bombshell number 18. Hillary, the DNC, and the Russians we're behind the “Trump Tower Meeting” as a setup. The Russian lawyer who met with Donald Trump Jr was a client for Fusion GPS. She met with Fusion GPS before and after the Trump Tower meeting. Fusion GPS was receiving money from Hillary Clinton's campaign and the Russians at the same time.

Bombshell number 19. Lanny Davis and CNN both lied about Michael Cohen having direct knowledge that Donald Trump new about the Trump Tower Russian lawyer meeting. Lanny Davis apologizes to the Associated Press for giving them misleading information, but CNN refuses to backtrack the story. Lanny Davis also had his client pled to fake campaign finance violations. (2 non-crimes) in order to try and falsely connect Trump to some sort of crime.

Bombshell number 20. One of the FBI spies (AKA confidential informant) into the Trump campaign is directly linked to the Russians and Russian intelligence. Stefan A. Halper is the spy who set up meetings with George Papadopoulos, Carter Page, and General Michael Flynn. Stefan A. Halper was clearly trying to set up the Trump campaign and frame them for colluding with the Russians. All the while, it was Obama's FBI and the Hillary Campaign who clearly colluded with the Russians.
The Clinton campaign received a steady flow of briefings on its paid-for Christopher Steele dossier, whose unverified Trump-Russia collusion charges made their way into election news stories and Clinton talking points.

The dossier emerged again as a Washington hot topic in recent days with the release of four FBI applications to a judge to spy on a Donald Trump volunteer. The petition’s evidence to convince the judge was largely based on the dossier.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... trump-rus/
Wasn't sure where to post this so I guess this might be as good of a spot as any......

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/me ... 20SSCI.pdf