Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
HouseDivided

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:31 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:18 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:06 pm

And they made it a competition so they could tell him he was losing...it is a dumb game with no winner. Only losers. And we are the losers.

I don't buy the China numbers. And neither do some "experts"/leaders from other countries (not just Trump).
You hit the nail on the head. The “mainstream” media has been playing a protracted game of “gotcha” at these briefings for almost four years now. Turds like Jim Acosta have been disingenuous from day one, and DJT has been antagonistic toward them from day one. It’s like a daily running of the gauntlet for whoever fields the questions. No answer is good enough, and every question is designed to make the current administration look foolish. I would be sick of it if I were the POTUS, and I would be sick of it if I were a reporter. Hopefully, DJT and the press will reach some sort of detente in his second term. Not that I’m holding my breath.
Trump doesn't need any help making himself an idiot, liar...or thief.
But Biden won’t? Lulz.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

twocoach wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:58 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:53 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:35 pm
Brought what? Nothing bad is happening to Trump.
Brought the piss poor relationship with the majority of media members present at these interviews....and i just literally said he's not a victim.
He is creating it on purpose. And if they don't do something he can spin as an attack then he attacks them and then lambasts their response. How else can you sell the notion that people shouldn't believe what they read about him in the paper? I have heard Trump supporters not believe direct quotes from the President's mouth because they read them in the media.

It's insane and yet it makes perfect sense. His base of deniers is the perfect mark.
Good lord, he's not nearly that smart. You're way over thinking this one imo.

You also way over estimate how well you think you know his "base"...and how large that "base" is.

He simply does not have the ability to handle criticism. There is no grand scheme here. Just an immature president who lashes out whenever he's challenged.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:18 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:06 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:46 pm He makes it a competition because then he can pretend to win.

China could of course have less cases...they have been wearing masks in public for decades
And they made it a competition so they could tell him he was losing...it is a dumb game with no winner. Only losers. And we are the losers.

I don't buy the China numbers. And neither do some "experts"/leaders from other countries (not just Trump).
You hit the nail on the head. The “mainstream” media has been playing a protracted game of “gotcha” at these briefings for almost four years now. Turds like Jim Acosta have been disingenuous from day one, and DJT has been antagonistic toward them from day one. It’s like a daily running of the gauntlet for whoever fields the questions. No answer is good enough, and every question is designed to make the current administration look foolish. I would be sick of it if I were the POTUS, and I would be sick of it if I were a reporter. Hopefully, DJT and the press will reach some sort of detente in his second term. Not that I’m holding my breath.
You call it "gotcha". I call it accountability. God forbid the media and the citizens of this country want our piece of shit President to be held accountable for the things he says and does.

My beef is that "Turds" like Jim Acosta are appeasing Trump.
Trump wants to make him out as the enemy so Acosta says, fine - let's go bitch.
I think the best thing the "mainstream" media could do is kiss Trump's ass and then Trump's "power" all of a sudden dissipates. Trump loves to make people feel lower than him so he would have no one to be mad at and criticize and feel superior to - and he would go nuts.
Deleted User 289

HOLY SHIT!

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
1h
Asian Americans are VERY angry at what China has done to our Country, and the World. Chinese Americans are the most angry of all. I don’t blame them!

Not as "HOLY SHIT" but still holy shit worthy.....
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
1h
Remember this, every Governor who has sky high approval on their handling of the Coronavirus, and I am happy for them all, could in no way have gotten those numbers, or had that success, without me and the Federal Governments help. From Ventilators to Testing, we made it happen!
Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Tue May 12, 2020 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Orly?

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Math hard.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so 2 months into shutdown, and 5 months after we first knew about the virus, still only one in every 33 Americans, on average, has been tested?
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:36 am so 2 months into shutdown, and 5 months after we first knew about the virus, still only one in every 33 Americans, on average, has been tested?
More testing definitely doesn't hurt, it can only help....but 1 in 33 doesn't seem like an outrageously low number...especially when you consider much of the country is rural counties with limited interactions and small numbers of cases....

Now, conversely when thinking of places like New York City, wanting most people tested weekly would make alot of sense...and maybe that national average reflects that isn't happening. But I think national averages on testing are pretty irrelevant, or at least hard for everyday people like us to analyze intelligently. Id be more interested in testing numbers by county or metropolitan areas.

Again, a 1 size fits all approach is not logical or possible for the entire country....i feel my county in IL is not testing nearly enough, but the county 20min from me has only had a handful of cases and several were people in the same household....so its all based on where you live and what the population is.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

sdoyel wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:59 am
Considering that Fauci has been a lifelong one-world government shill and a long-time Dowdy lapdog piece of garbage, this should be no surprise. Dude will not rest until we are a Third World sh*thole.
Deleted User 289

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:46 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:36 am so 2 months into shutdown, and 5 months after we first knew about the virus, still only one in every 33 Americans, on average, has been tested?
More testing definitely doesn't hurt, it can only help....but 1 in 33 doesn't seem like an outrageously low number...especially when you consider much of the country is rural counties with limited interactions and small numbers of cases....

Now, conversely when thinking of places like New York City, wanting most people tested weekly would make alot of sense...and maybe that national average reflects that isn't happening. But I think national averages on testing are pretty irrelevant, or at least hard for everyday people like us to analyze intelligently. Id be more interested in testing numbers by county or metropolitan areas.

Again, a 1 size fits all approach is not logical or possible for the entire country....i feel my county in IL is not testing nearly enough, but the county 20min from me has only had a handful of cases and several were people in the same household....so its all based on where you live and what the population is.
Why are you guys doing math on how many people have/have not been tested? I assume you realize a lot of people have been tested more than once. So we don't know how many people have been tested and "we" assume the amount of tests that have been administered are somewhat accurate. Forgive me of being a bit leery. That hasn't been much for me to feel confident about in terms of testing and "numbers".
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Does everybody need to tested right now? Serious question. And if so, what’s to say they don’t need to be retested daily?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Honestly, if I was potus, I would have made billions of tests happen by now.
Deleted User 289

HouseDivided wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:55 am
Considering that Fauci has been a lifelong one-world government shill and a long-time Dowdy lapdog piece of garbage, this should be no surprise. Dude will not rest until we are a Third World sh*thole.
I'm not trying to be bigger dick than I already am by asking this.
Being that you work in the mental health "field", I'm curious, is your employer aware of how biased and at times seemingly angry your thinking/logic is?
For all I know, they may encourage it. I'm simply wondering if they are cool with or if they frown upon their professors publicly expressing their strongly biased beliefs on "social media".
Deleted User 310

Grandma wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:55 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:46 am

Why are you guys doing math on how many people have/have not been tested? I assume you realize a lot of people have been tested more than once. So we don't know how many people have been tested and "we" assume the amount of tests that have been administered are somewhat accurate. Forgive me of being a bit leery. That hasn't been much for me to feel confident about in terms of testing and "numbers".
Ya. All very true. That's why its hard to look at testing numbers and come to any meaningful conclusions.
Deleted User 310

HouseDivided wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:56 am
Does everybody need to tested right now? Serious question. And if so, what’s to say they don’t need to be retested daily?
Exactly. Some areas need very few tests...some areas would essentially need everyone tested every single day.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:01 am
HouseDivided wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:55 am
I'm not trying to be bigger dick than I already am by asking this.
Being that you work in the mental health "field", I'm curious, is your employer aware of how biased and at times seemingly angry your thinking/logic is?
For all I know, they may encourage it. I'm simply wondering if they are cool with or if they frown upon their professors publicly expressing their strongly biased beliefs on "social media".
If this were actual social media where I posted under my real name and advertised the name of my employer, there might be some who would not like it I have other co-workers whom I know would agree with me, just like any place of employment. I would also argue that your posts are also “strongly biased” and in a direction that many people also find offensive. To answer your unspoken question, I don’t participate in FB, Twitter, or Instagram discussions at all.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:59 am Honestly, if I was potus, I would have made billions of tests happen by now.
Lol. Everyones an expert on what can and should be done.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

HouseDivided wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:56 am
"Need" is a strong word. Would it be beneficial to monitoring the virus and those who have and don't have it by testing "everyone"? I have to assume - yes.
I have been saying for weeks if not months, the tests are great and beneficial but if someone tests negative - that's not to say they can't contract the virus within 5 minutes after testing negative.
To me, that's the major conundrum on testing. Not only who is being tested but how frequently people are being tested.
Another thing to note, supposedly there have been a decent amount (even 1% is too many) of "false negatives". On the flip side, there have probably been false positives too.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:07 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:59 am Honestly, if I was potus, I would have made billions of tests happen by now.
Lol. Everyones an expert on what can and should be done.
Sorry bro, tweets coming your way!