The Worst People in the World...

Coffee talk.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: The Worst People in the World...

Post by DCHawk1 »

Exactly.

Suddenly you've got your knickers in a twist about people wearing masks threatening violence. Weird, though, that your frustration is people who do so in support of an effort to work as opposed to those who do so in support of the right to shit on the streets.

You should go to Texas or Michigan and try to expose them. And if they retaliate, it's lulz.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

huh?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I wish everyone would wear a mask when inside in a public space. Everyone does not. My experience is most do though.

I am certainly not going to get in the business of someone inside in a public space that is not wearing a mask. I keep my physical distance, whether they have a mask on or not. And I go about my business, while they go about theirs.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:14 pmhuh?
Exactly.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I wouldn't want to be a reporter these days:

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:14 pm I wish everyone would wear a mask when inside in a public space. Everyone does not. My experience is most do though.

I am certainly not going to get in the business of someone inside in a public space that is not wearing a mask. I keep my physical distance, whether they have a mask on or not. And I go about my business, while they go about theirs.
Sometimes their "business" might affect your's.
8 elevator rides today. 4 down. 4 up.
4 of the 8 rides, someone in the elevator with me who was NOT wearing a mask.
I'm the idiot. I stayed on/in the elevator.
Not sure why but on the 8th elevator ride (back up to my apartment) I felt the desire to say to a woman (who I assume is in her late 20s) - "I'm not trying to give you a hard time by asking this but would you please help me understand why you choose not to wear a mask when you are in an elevator"? She looked at me and didn't answer. I got off on the 50th floor and said, "Have a nice evening". She nodded and said, "You too".
Deleted User 289

Feral wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:00 pm I wouldn't want to be a reporter these days:

The tough guy in the Trump shirt will be outed soon enough.
Sad thing is there will be more people who will support and defend him than people who will find fault with him.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Why does Feral hate Joe Biden?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

May I present the White House pandemic playbook

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Sad news regarding former Illinois Governor Nelson Mandela. So very sad.

HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

chiknbut wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:27 pm Sad news regarding former Illinois Governor Nelson Mandela. So very sad.

Apparently, the Chicago Tribune can’t afford to hire a reporter who knows how to spell “license” correctly.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:46 pm
chiknbut wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:27 pm Sad news regarding former Illinois Governor Nelson Mandela. So very sad.

Apparently, the Chicago Tribune can’t afford to hire a reporter who knows how to spell “license” correctly.
He probably just had too much covfefe.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

twocoach wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:14 pm

He probably just had too much covfefe.
Or loose.
Broham
Deleted User 289

Granted, it is an American newspaper but I'm curious, did you bother to check where the reporter was born? I assume you know that in other countries the spelling of the word is licence.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Grandma wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:00 pm Granted, it is an American newspaper but I'm curious, did you bother to check where the reporter was born? I assume you know that in other countries the spelling of the word is licence.
[insert eyeroll gif here]

The paper still has a style book.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Yeah, but they're probably still using Turabian. Did I spell that right?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:00 pm

Granted, it is an American newspaper but I'm curious, did you bother to check where the reporter was born? I assume you know that in other countries the spelling of the word is licence.
I am aware. I am just xenophobic enough to expect that, if you're writing for an American publication, you are going to use American spellings. I would expect the opposite if that person were writing for the Times of London.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

defixione wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:21 pm Yeah, but they're probably still using Turabian. Did I spell that right?
Turabian is the devil.
Deleted User 289

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:24 pm
Grandma wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:00 pm Granted, it is an American newspaper but I'm curious, did you bother to check where the reporter was born? I assume you know that in other countries the spelling of the word is licence.
[insert eyeroll gif here]

The paper still has a style book.
Right. The Tribune also has editors. We can go on and on and on trying to pretend we know why Meisner spelled the word in a manner that made HD feel the desire to post - "Apparently, the Chicago Tribune can’t afford to hire a reporter who knows how to spell “license” correctly".

I don't care for Meisner, I'm not a fan of his. I choose to ridicule him for some of the things he has written. I choose not to ridicule him for misspelling a word in the manner in which it was originally spelled. Hey, to each their own.