Where's the petri dish thread?

Coffee talk.
zsn
Contributor

Re: Where's the petri dish thread?

Post by zsn »

Did anyone watch Chris Christie’s interview with Whoopi? Christie ducked and dodged her question, which I believe is a legitimate one. I think anyone who supports “reopen now” should have a good answer to Whoopi
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

seahawk wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:53 am We live in a country where one of Psych's beloved Keep It All Open Republicans is suing Indian Reservations to try and make them remove their restrictions and he talks attitudes and "standards" in Hong Kong--amazing!

Can one spell HyP0crITe?
Don’t forget the gubmint is also telling private businesses like meat processors that they must remain open, consequences be damned!
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:43 am Talk to me when Trump retracts his claim that there were more people at his inauguration than Obama’s. You just proved the opposite of what you think you wanted to prove. The retraction enhances Lancet’s reputation, not diminish it.
TWELVE YEARS LATER

After launching the anti-vaxx campaign that is rightfully bemoaned in these pages.

Check back 2029. Maybe Trump will be ready to retract then.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

You're just flailing now.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

zsn wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:14 am
seahawk wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:53 am We live in a country where one of Psych's beloved Keep It All Open Republicans is suing Indian Reservations to try and make them remove their restrictions and he talks attitudes and "standards" in Hong Kong--amazing!

Can one spell HyP0crITe?
Don’t forget the gubmint is also telling private businesses like meat processors that they must remain open, consequences be damned!
I know, right? Because consequences like people killing dogs and cats for meat don't count. It is interesting that some data is showing that the hardest-hit group is males with low testosterone, and, not coincidentally, now the Left is saying that this is a good opportunity to get used to doing without the main food source that supports testosterone levels. Probably just a coincidence, though.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Oh brother.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:19 am You're just flailing now.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Has the twelve year threshold been reached for the Central Park Five, for the benefit of those keeping score at home?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:23 am Has the twelve year threshold been reached for the Central Park Five, for the benefit of those keeping score at home?
For the record. I made inquiries but was told that the clock only starts on the Central Park Five after Steve Pagones gets his money.

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:26 am

Can one spell HyP0crITe?
I know, right? Because consequences like people killing dogs and cats for meat don't count. It is interesting that some data is showing that the hardest-hit group is males with low testosterone, and, not coincidentally, now the Left is saying that this is a good opportunity to get used to doing without the main food source that supports testosterone levels. Probably just a coincidence, though.
The states should be in charge of that if you want to be consistent with Psych circa earlier today.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:38 am
zsn wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:23 am Has the twelve year threshold been reached for the Central Park Five, for the benefit of those keeping score at home?
For the record. I made inquiries but was told that the clock only starts on the Central Park Five after Steve Pagones gets his money.
As usual, nice try at normalizing Trump's inaction and Republicans supporting him. How many dead Americans as of today from COVID-19?

89,130 and you're still here trying to normalize President Bodybags. Wow.
Don't inject Lysol.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:38 am
As usual, nice try at normalizing Trump's inaction and Republicans supporting him. How many dead Americans as of today from COVID-19?

89,130 and you're still here trying to deflect for President Bodybags. Wow.
Don't inject Lysol.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Mjl wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:44 pm

The states should be in charge of that if you want to be consistent with Psych circa earlier today.
Or should they? Because, according to the liberal Algonquin Roundtable it was Trump’s responsibility to anticipate the need for, procure, and distribute said tests. I can’t even be trusted to know if I should leave my own home, much less get my hair cut, go to the gym, or eat at a restaurant.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-ri ... avoid-them

Speaking of restaurants....no thanks.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:24 pm https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-ri ... avoid-them

That's really nifty and all, but I'm not sure I'm willing or able to put much faith in someone who says that most people are infected "where they live." This is a true statement, of course, but one that elides over the fact that most of the people who are infected "where they live" live either in nursing homes or prisons.

Ignoring the terrible outbreaks in nursing homes...

OK. Ignore them if you wish, but they account for anywhere between 1/3rd and 1/2 of COVID deaths.

we find that the biggest outbreaks are in prisons, religious ceremonies, and workplaces, such as meat packing facilities and call centers.

Yes, but again, prisons are at the top of that list, and they are places that most of the people who live there cannot avoid -- at least under present circumstances.

So...yes, avoid spaces that are "enclosed, with poor air circulation and high density of people..."

But also, don't live or work in a nursing home or a prison. And avoid public transportation, which she also elides over (because it's inconvenient to discuss).
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I’m seeing a lack of links from you.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Wait. Do you want people to do research for other people or not?

Make up your mind.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:24 pm https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-ri ... avoid-them

So, we were sold on this grand scheme for "a few weeks" out of "an abundance of caution" in order to "flatten the curve" so that "the healthcare system is not overwhelmed." We all complied. The curve was flattened. Healthcare systems have been underwhelmed to the point that many healthcare systems laid off employees.

Now the rationale has magically changed.

Now, we are supposed to believe that we are all in perpetual danger, that the curve is perilously close to not being flattened, and that our only hope is to stay in economy-crippling fear mode until a vaccine - that may or may not work - is made available "in twelve to eighteen months."

Furthermore, if you question the narrative or refuse to play along, you are "deluded," "selfish," "racist," "ignorant," and "dangerous".

This is complete and utter b.s. taken straight from the pages of Orwell and Huxley. I refuse to play along anymore. I refuse to live in fear. I refuse to stand idly by while my economic future is flushed down the toilet by politicians playing political games and weak people who choose to live in fear.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Can one spell HyP0crITe?
I think Psych might be on to something:

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 4:21 pm

So, we were sold on this grand scheme for "a few weeks" out of "an abundance of caution" in order to "flatten the curve" so that "the healthcare system is not overwhelmed." We all complied. The curve was flattened. Healthcare systems have been underwhelmed to the point that many healthcare systems laid off employees.

Now the rationale has magically changed.

Now, we are supposed to believe that we are all in perpetual danger, that the curve is perilously close to not being flattened, and that our only hope is to stay in economy-crippling fear mode until a vaccine - that may or may not work - is made available "in twelve to eighteen months."

Furthermore, if you question the narrative or refuse to play along, you are "deluded," "selfish," "racist," "ignorant," and "dangerous".

This is complete and utter b.s. taken straight from the pages of Orwell and Huxley. I refuse to play along anymore. I refuse to live in fear. I refuse to stand idly by while my economic future is flushed down the toilet by politicians playing political games and weak people who choose to live in fear.
I am not saying you're wrong, because you're not. The goal posts moved...but in my county of IL the curve is definitely still on the up slope.

If you take NYC out of the numbers, many places are still increasing.

Some people don't want to risk it. And I agree with you that if that's the case then they should stay home until they feel safe. None of us need a politician to tell us what to do or make choices for us. I dont care if restaurants open, I won't be going inside anyway. But if others want to then that should be their choice.

I mostly only shared that for the info about that its relatively safe to go to grocery stores and do anything outside, and conversely that its relatively risky to go to restaurants in areas with lots of cases becuase of airflow issues.

I sympathize with both sides...the only people I don't agree with are the ones saying its a "hoax".