Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
HouseDivided

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by HouseDivided »

sdoyel wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:21 pm

Has to encourage others to use a product he heavily invested in (personally).
Some might say it is a man putting his money where his mouth is. It takes courage to not only say “This stuff works” but to take it yourself.

Seems like some physicians agree with the POTUS.

https://aapsonline.org/hcq-90-percent-chance/

“In a letter to Gov. Doug Ducey of Arizona, the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) presents a frequently updated table of studies that report results of treating COVID-19 with the anti-malaria drugs chloroquine (CQ) and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ, Plaquenil®).

To date, the total number of reported patients treated with HCQ, with or without zinc and the widely used antibiotic azithromycin, is 2,333, writes AAPS, in observational data from China, France, South Korea, Algeria, and the U.S. Of these, 2,137 or 91.6 percent improved clinically. There were 63 deaths, all but 11 in a single retrospective report from the Veterans Administration where the patients were severely ill.

The antiviral properties of these drugs have been studied since 2003. Particularly when combined with zinc, they hinder viral entry into cells and inhibit replication. They may also prevent overreaction by the immune system, which causes the cytokine storm responsible for much of the damage in severe cases, explains AAPS. HCQ is often very helpful in treating autoimmune diseases such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.

Additional benefits shown in some studies, AAPS states, is to decrease the number of days when a patient is contagious, reduce the need for ventilators, and shorten the time to clinical recovery.

Peer-reviewed studies published from January through April 20, 2020, provide clear and convincing evidence that HCQ may be beneficial in COVID-19, especially when used early, states AAPS. Unfortunately, although it is perfectly legal to prescribe drugs for new indications not on the label, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has recommended that CQ and HCQ should be used for COVID-19 only in hospitalized patients in the setting of a clinical study if available. Most states are making it difficult for physicians to prescribe or pharmacists to dispense these medications.

As the letter to Gov. Ducey notes, “Many nations, including Turkey and India, are protecting medical workers and contacts of infected persons prophylactically. According to worldometers.info, deaths per million persons from COVID-19 as of Apr 27 are 167 in the U.S., 33 in Turkey, and 0.6 in India.”

After Morocco and Algeria began using HCQ, a trend break and sharp reduction in their COVID-19 case fatality rate occurred.

Vaccines and results of randomized double-blind controlled trials of new drugs are at best months away. But patients are dying now, while affordable, long-used drugs would be available except for government restrictions, AAPS states.

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) has represented physicians of all specialties in all states since 1943. The AAPS motto is omnia pro aegroto, meaning everything for the patient.”
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I'm just wondering why Trump feels such a strong desire to take it.
Why does he feel a need to take a drug that has known side effects if he doesn't need to take it?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:25 pm Some might say it is a man putting his money where his mouth is. It takes courage to not only say “This stuff works” but to take it yourself.
Are you f##ing nuts? Wait.....don't answer that......It's about as prudent or as brave as a drunk standing on a second story roof screaming "Hey y'all WATCH THIS! Here, hold my beer". Is that guy putting his money where is mouth is? This is why we have the Food, Drugs and Cosmetics Act and a sanctions regime against anyone violating the Act. Any physician who willingly writes scripts for someone who doesn't have the disease is against any modicum of prudent practice.

Finally though, as with anything Trump, what assurance do you have that he's really taking the drug and this isn't another one of his scams, akin to his "University" or his airline, or his vodka or his water or his.........after all, he is a known charlatan!
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Yeah, no one knows if he takes it or not.

He is a fucking liar.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Grandma wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:52 pm I'm just wondering why Trump feels such a strong desire to take it.
Why does he feel a need to take a drug that has known side effects if he doesn't need to take it?
Maybe he should also test out injecting Clorox wipes or sunshine into his lungs to clean them out? I mean, what's he got to lose?

I do not believe he's taking a malaria drug for no reason. And I also don't believe that "many many" Healthcare workers are doing the same. Mostly because one of my best friends is a hospital worker (he's a supply chain manager) and his daughter who works in the same hospital is a nurse on the infectious disease unit and he said she's never heard of ANYONE anywhere doing that.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:52 pm I'm just wondering why Trump feels such a strong desire to take it.
No idea. I don’t pretend to understand what goes on between his ears.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

zsn wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:14 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:25 pm Some might say it is a man putting his money where his mouth is. It takes courage to not only say “This stuff works” but to take it yourself.
Are you f##ing nuts? Wait.....don't answer that......It's about as prudent or as brave as a drunk standing on a second story roof screaming "Hey y'all WATCH THIS! Here, hold my beer". Is that guy putting his money where is mouth is? This is why we have the Food, Drugs and Cosmetics Act and a sanctions regime against anyone violating the Act. Any physician who willingly writes scripts for someone who doesn't have the disease is against any modicum of prudent practice.

Finally though, as with anything Trump, what assurance do you have that he's really taking the drug and this isn't another one of his scams, akin to his "University" or his airline, or his vodka or his water or his.........after all, he is a known charlatan!
If you read the statement above from the the American Academy of Physicians and Surgeons, it says that Hydroxychloroquine is being taken prophylactically in other countries. Based on other stuff I’ve read, I could see taking it with zinc in that manner. But, I’m not a physician, so ultimately I don’t know.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:37 pm
Maybe he should also test out injecting Clorox wipes or sunshine into his lungs to clean them out? I mean, what's he got to lose?

I do not believe he's taking a malaria drug for no reason. And I also don't believe that "many many" Healthcare workers are doing the same. Mostly because one of my best friends is a hospital worker (he's a supply chain manager) and his daughter who works in the same hospital is a nurse on the infectious disease unit and he said she's never heard of ANYONE anywhere doing that.
So the AAPS is lying about it being taken prophylactically by healthcare workers? To what end?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Just curious - do you actually know what the AAPS is?
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Mjl wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:12 pm Just curious - do you actually know what the AAPS is?
The association is generally recognized as politically conservative or ultra-conservative, and its publication advocates a range of scientifically discredited hypotheses, including the belief that HIV does not cause AIDS, that being gay reduces life expectancy, that there is a link between abortion and breast cancer, and that there is a causal relationship between vaccines and autism[citation needed]. Wikipedia
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:10 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:37 pm

So the AAPS is lying about it being taken prophylactically by healthcare workers? To what end?
I honestly have no idea...i just figure if "many many" were doing it that an infectious disease nurse would have at least heard of someone somewhere
doing it. So maybe there are some, but many many seems like a stretch to me. Just an opinion though. I havent don't any research other than texting a hospital worker to ask what his daughter thought.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Can't confirm the authenticity of this but....

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

The Opposite of Socialized Medicine A small, litigious group has spent decades trying to stop the government from telling doctors what to do. What happens if it succeeds?

...The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons might sound like another boring doctors’ group politely debating telehealth legislation. But AAPS is a small yet vociferous interest group. Like Zelig with a stethoscope, it has popped up in nearly every major health-care debate for decades, including the Affordable Care Act and opioids, and it wields a surprising amount of influence. Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky was outed as a member in 2010. (A Paul spokesperson told me that while the senator is no longer a member, he is supportive of AAPS’s fight against Obamacare.) When Representative Tom Price of Georgia was nominated to lead President Donald Trump’s Department of Health and Human Services, several newspapers pointed out that he, too, was a member. (At the time, an HHS spokesperson said that not all doctors in a group believe the same thing.)

Though AAPS often takes positions that are associated with conservative groups, it sometimes goes even further, pushing fringe views that most mainstream conservatives do not endorse, such as the belief that mandatory vaccination is “equivalent to human experimentation” and that Medicare is “evil.” Over the years, the group seems to have coalesced around an ethos of radical self-determination and a belief that mainstream science isn’t always trustworthy. It’s the most curious of medical organizations: a doctors’ interest group that seems more invested in the interests of doctors, rather than public health.

[...]
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Grandma wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:55 pm Can't confirm the authenticity of this but....

It doesn’t really say he is taking it.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

sdoyel wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:21 pm

Has to encourage others to use a product he heavily invested in (personally).
lulz
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Mjl wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:12 pm Just curious - do you actually know what the AAPS is?
Yes. So, you’re saying that Conservative political beliefs cancel out medical education and training and render one an imbecile?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:00 pm
Yes. So, you’re saying that Conservative political beliefs cancel out medical education and training and render one an imbecile?
Well.....there IS a back record...
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:25 pm Yeah, no one knows if he takes it or not.

He is a fucking liar.
Trump was surprised to find that the hydroxychloroquinine was shaped like Fred Flintstone.
Don't inject Lysol.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.