Where's the petri dish thread?

Coffee talk.
MICHHAWK

Re: Where's the petri dish thread?

Post by MICHHAWK »

The republican governors are under inflating the numbers so they open or stay open. The democrat governors are over inflating the numbers so they can close or stay closed. The real number is somewhere in the middle.

And the wheels on the bus go round and round.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:22 am The republican governors are under inflating the numbers so they open or stay open. The democrat governors are over inflating the numbers so they can close or stay closed. The real number is somewhere in the middle.

What’s the end game of democratic governors closing, exactly?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:33 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:22 am The republican governors are under inflating the numbers so they open or stay open. The democrat governors are over inflating the numbers so they can close or stay closed. The real number is somewhere in the middle.

To tank the economy so Dementia Joe has a better chance of winning in November. But you already knew and supported that.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That’s quite the theory.

It even borders on conspiracy theory, perhaps.

so I guess my question is if Trump was thee guy to save us from all these conspiratorial threats, how come we’re still so vulnerable to as much?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Having just lost a good friend to COVID-19 this morning, our resident rightwingers have no idea what they are talking about. But then, this is their usual state. The game now is to deny objective reality, deflect and undercount the dead and hope Fox will amplify. The objective evil of this is staggering and marks its adherents for Hell.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sorry to hear, sparko.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

My condolences, Sparko.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'm sorry for your loss, Sparko.
Broham
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I'm sorry, Sparko.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Sorry, Sparko. My friend just lost his youngest brother a few weeks ago.

It makes all of this counter protest nonsense so cruel.

But they know that already.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Very sorry for your loss, Sparko.

Who ever thought
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:40 am

To tank the economy so Dementia Joe has a better chance of winning in November. But you already knew and supported that.
I honestly wonder if tanking the economy truly helps Biden...because if enough Republicans think its being "done on purpose" then it potentially has the exact opposite effect...and/or if enough middle of the road people think Biden can't "bring it back" then it potentially has the exact opposite effect as well.
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Wed May 20, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:06 pm

I honestly wonder if tanking the economy truly helps Biden...because if enough Republicans think its being "done on purpose" then it potentially has the exact opposite effect...and/or if enough middle of the road Republicans think Biden can't "bring it back" then it potentially has higher exact opposite effect as well.
Maybe. But most of the voters the Dems are gunning for are incapable of more than one-dimensional thinking.
Deleted User 310

Can't speak for all, but it feels like IL might be doing it for some sort of bailout assistance that they can throw a portion of at the gigantic pension issue we have. But that is just a dumb guess.
Deleted User 310

CNN now reports that China is seeing a new outbreak and the virus has changed....
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

So sorry, sparko.
Don't inject Lysol.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:39 pm CNN now reports that China is seeing a new outbreak and the virus has changed....
There’s a shocker for you. Like I said, it will remain an emergency until after the election, no matter what.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I honestly wonder if tanking the economy truly helps Biden...because if enough Republicans think its being "done on purpose" then it potentially has the exact opposite effect...and/or if enough middle of the road people think Biden can't "bring it back" then it potentially has the exact opposite effect as well.
Rahm Emanuel was saying something very similar to this yesterday on Hacks on Tap. He was saying the Democrats need to try to become the party of opening up if they want to win. From a purely political perspective.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Psych, go to a mall in Wichita or Hutch, walk around, invade folks’ space, and purchase items to stoke the economy. Don’t wear a mask. Also, sit close to your 12 hour a day patients. Don’t wear a mask.

By the way, how is your livelihood in peril when you have so many patients?
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Mjl wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:33 pm

Rahm Emanuel was saying something very similar to this yesterday on Hacks on Tap. He was saying the Democrats need to try to become the party of opening up if they want to win. From a purely political perspective.
Assuming he's in town, I could go in to the office and see Rahm tomorrow.
Assuming he's in town, I could go knock on Alexrod's door tonight.
I'm confident if they were candid with me they would tell me that at this moment the Dems don't really have a fucking clue what they are doing - or what they should do - or what they shouldn't do.
Let's be honest, Donald Trump is a complete asshole, "his" economy is in the toilet, we will probably have over 100,000 dead Americans by the end of the month, and I feel if the election was June 2nd instead of November 3rd, he would probably get re-elected.
In other words, the Dems are pathetic.