COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 62

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Trump did his damage in February and March.

100% on his watch and 90% his ego getting in the way of process
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Had to go to my mother's. Signs outside the building saying you can not enter without a mask. Walked in to her building. Learned one of her doormen (known as "The Mayor of Michigan Avenue") died of/from/with the virus. Upset me.

Before I went to her building I picked up lunch. Went to Buona Beef. Signs outside the restaurant stating you can not enter without a mask. Dude walks in, mask pulled BELOW his chin, walks right past everyone standing in line 6 feet apart, and proceeds to try and order standing right next to another customer who was ordering. I POLITELY asked the employee why she allowed him to enter without a mask, walk right past people who were standing in line, and stand right next to a customer. She looked at me with a blank expression. Was going to ask to speak with the manager but said fuck it. What good would that have done for anyone?

While walking to my mother's apartment, I walked by Northwestern Hospital. What's wrong with ONE of these two pictures?

chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Chicago moves to Phase III next week. Restaurants can function with outdoor seating only and proper distancing.

Heard the owner of The Hop Leaf, a great bar up in Andersonville, talk about how this was like a cold bucket of water thrown on bar/restaurant owners. No warning. Most of them have laid off staff and haven't received food shipments in weeks. How many can actually open back up successfully in seven days?

It will help the economy, no doubt. But the rush to get food and liquor to an entire city of restaurants and bars will be overwhelming.
Deleted User 289

chiknbut wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:24 pm Chicago moves to Phase III next week. Restaurants can function with outdoor seating only and proper distancing.

Heard the owner of The Hop Leaf, a great bar up in Andersonville, talk about how this was like a cold bucket of water thrown on bar/restaurant owners. No warning. Most of them have laid off staff and haven't received food shipments in weeks. How many can actually open back up successfully in seven days?

It will help the economy, no doubt. But the rush to get food and liquor to an entire city of restaurants and bars will be overwhelming.
It's yet another example of the Fed/state/and city leaders not being in sync with each other.
The definition/s of the phases and the ability to make quick changes to what is and isn't included, the multiple divisions of the state, the Mayor making her own rules, etc., it's all a disorganized cluster fuck. I've given up trying to keep up with everything - despite my being privy to the detailed state and city "plan/s". Too complicated for this simple minded guy.

Semi related note, received an email from my building today that included the following message - "As a reminder, it is difficult to socially distance in an elevator and you are required to wear a mask if there are other residents in the elevator. Please be mindful!"
I would estimate that 50% of the resident's response is - FUCK THAT. As has been proven to me pretty much every day - multiple times a day.
I sound like a broken record saying this - people simply don't give a damn about OTHER people.
I feel it's selfish and I have given up trying to explain that to assholes who couldn't care less.
These are the same people who go up to the rooftop and bring glass bottles, smoke cigarettes, and bring pets, despite WEEKLY emails and signs posted every 12-15 feet stating NO GLASS BOTTLES, NO SMOKING, NO PETS on the "Sky Deck". The same people who leave their garbage strewn all over despite there being at least 8 garbage cans on the rooftop. Entitled ASSHOLES.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Brazil and Russia are having real problems. The news out of China of a new mutation is the real scary one.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 289

If there is a God, and God created deadly viruses and is trying to kill everyone on the planet, would you blame him/her/it?
Humans suck in terms of how they treat God's creations. Meaning the planet, "living creatures", other humans. Get rid of all the humans. They are unnecessary and serve no real purpose to this planet.
How's that for some philosophical bull-shit? Or is it bull-shit?
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Grandma wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:16 am If there is a God, and God created deadly viruses and is trying to kill everyone on the planet, would you blame him/her/it?
Humans suck in terms of how they treat God's creations. Meaning the planet, "living creatures", other humans. Get rid of all the humans. They are unnecessary and serve no real purpose to this planet.
How's that for some philosophical bull-shit? Or is it bull-shit?
Maybe we are the 👽
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

My surmise is that someone replied to himself, after he got tired of waiting for others to reply to his banal musings...

Anyway, it's comical. Or sad.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Deleted User 310

Are you implying gutter and I are the same person?

We are not. I am younger and better looking. He is much smarter.

Whats also comical/sad is trolling around different threads trying to put down/make fun of people. 😉
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

buddy of mine from jr. high, high school, and undergrad at KU just had emergency surgery to remove a brain tumor from his frontal lobe

wife and family aren’t allowed to be with him due to covid, obviously

i can only imagine how difficult that would be
Deleted User 310

TraditionKU wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:27 am buddy of mine from jr. high, high school, and undergrad at KU just had emergency surgery to remove a brain tumor from his frontal lobe

wife and family aren’t allowed to be with him due to covid, obviously

i can only imagine how difficult that would be
My younger cousin, who had alcohol and drug issues (like severe ones), just had to be taken off of life support last week and died shortly after. His body had shut down from years of drug abuse....he was in the hospital for several weeks on a ventilator...they let his dad/step-mom, mom, and brother visit 1 by 1 on his final day to say goodbye. Then took the vent out. He died less than 12hrs later. Alone.
Deleted User 289

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:19 am Are you implying gutter and I are the same person?

Whats also comical/sad is trolling around different threads trying to put down/make fun of people. 😉
It's been one of his/her m.o. on here for a while - Implying I am you and you are me.
Obviously we are two different people.
I'm tempted to post a private message he/she sent me so people can see the real person that he/she is.
Deleted User 289

Trad & Illni - I'm sorry to hear/read what you posted!
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:19 am Are you implying gutter and I are the same person?

Implying? I've been explicit.
Deleted User 310

Grandma wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:57 am Trad & Illni - I'm sorry to hear/read what you posted!
Thanks. I wasn't close to him...but i feel awful for my uncle.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Grandma wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:56 am

It's been one of his/her m.o. on here for a while - Implying I am you and you are me.
I'm tempted to post a private message he/she sent me so people can see the real person that he/she is.
On the contrary, it's seems pretty obvious(to me at least) that you are playing with a sock.

In addition, now you're being veiled, CoyGutter. You're referring to the first-ever, one-and-only PM you elicited from me, via an unannounced and uninvited PM of your own.

I should have known that you'd have an ulterior motive for the exchange you sought, and an unstated plan to publish it. You can frame it as me being a real meanie.

All symmetrical with my view of you.

In any event, I've made that view known in the past. Openly, on the Board and not in private messages.

I'm okay owning it.
Deleted User 289

ChalkRocker wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:20 am
Grandma wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:56 am

On the contrary, it's seems pretty obvious(to me at least) that you are playing with a sock.

In addition, now you're being veiled, CoyGutter. You're referring to the first-ever, one-and-only PM you elicited from me, via an unannounced and uninvited PM of your own.

I should have known that you'd have an ulterior motive for the exchange you sought, and an unstated plan to publish it. You can frame it as me being a real meanie.

All symmetrical with my view of you.

In any event, I've made that view known in the past. Openly, on the Board and not in private messages.

I'm okay owning it.
I can chose to be respectful or disrespectful. I'll choose to be respectful.

I am not playing with a sock. At first I thought it was a gimmick/joke - when you would accuse Illini and I of being the same person. I assure you we are not.

Yes, I referred to the PM you sent me in response to the respectful PM that I sent you.
You chose to say what you did to me and I said to myself, fine, so be it.
I had zero "ulterior motive" in sending you my message.
To be 100% transparent, I sent you the message because I had a respectful exchange with HD and I brought up the fact that I have no beef with him, you, and others on the board, but you and others have it out for me.
I then felt the desire to reach out to you and try and understand what your beef was with me - and to make "amends". Did I not do that?
I could be wrong but I don't believe I have ever posted a private message. Maybe I did on other sites but I wouldn't do it unless I felt it included a threat to me, my family, my friends, or my co-workers, and felt I should make it public in case god forbid something stupid happened. Which it actually has. Someone felt the need to fuck with me and my place of employment.
CR, I don't consider your message a threat, I have no intention of sharing it with others, and I am sorry I even mentioned it. Came up because you made a false accusation about my identity.
I believe I am a good person - most of the time. You don't. I got it loud and clear.

Moving on.......

I was told this morning that we had a maintenance guy who was required to wear a mask when he enters people's apartments. Had to do work in someone's apartment. Person was in their apartment and not wearing a mask. The person actually told him to take off his mask, not to be a "pussy" and not to be a "conformist".
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Grandma wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:19 am
I can chose to be respectful or disrespectful. I'll choose to be respectful.

I am not playing with a sock. At first I thought it was a gimmick/joke - when you would accuse Illini and I of being the same person. I assure you we are not.

Yes, I referred to the PM you sent me in response to the respectful PM that I sent you.
You chose to say what you did to me and I said to myself, fine, so be it.
I had zero "ulterior motive" in sending you my message.
To be 100% transparent, I sent you the message because I had a respectful exchange with HD and I brought up the fact that I have no beef with him, you, and others on the board, but you and others have it out for me.
I then felt the desire to reach out to you and try and understand what your beef was with me - and to make "amends". Did I not do that?
I could be wrong but I don't believe I have ever posted a private message. Maybe I did on other sites but I wouldn't do it unless I felt it included a threat to me, my family, my friends, or my co-workers, and felt I should make it public in case god forbid something stupid happened. Which it actually has. Someone felt the need to fuck with me and my place of employment.
CR, I don't consider your message a threat, I have no intention of sharing it with others, and I am sorry I even mentioned it. Came up because you made a false accusation about my identity.
I believe I am a good person - most of the time. You don't. I got it loud and clear.

Moving on.......
Still completely symmetrical with my view...you state you're tempted to post my PM, and I call you on it.

Now you're a victim, and you act shocked (!) that I would think you would post a PM. You rationalize why you sent your original PM, someone threatened you on some other board, blah, blah, blah.

Whatevs. You brought it up.

fwiw, and this may be what you're after, anyway -- I don't believe I've ever formed an opinion (much less stated one) about your worth as a person, your "goodness" or lack thereof. If you say you're good, you're good. My views are in the PM.

Also stlll confident you've got a sock you call IllinoisJayhawk.

All done.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

That sounds unreasonable.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.