who ya got?

Ugh.
seahawk

Re: who ya got?

Post by seahawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:30 pm
seahawk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:57 pm Birtherism vs. 8 years as Obama VP.
I do not think Biden is racist.

I do think what he said was stupid though. Hopefully he can learn from his mistake, and not continuously repeat them like the current president.

I wonder if this almost guarantees he picks a black woman as his running mate? Stacey Abrams or Kamala Harris? Any others that have been rumored to be in the running that I am overlooking?
I quoted the professional politician who was formerly a Republican. My experience is that those who've been elected to office have more experience of looking ahead to the pushback from the other side than most of us who comment here have.
Don't inject Lysol.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:27 pm He has better spin doctors than Donnie, that is for sure.

Impossible to know what he meant. But what he said was stupid and there is really no debating it.

Because he's either assuming all black people are democrat and voting for him because he's entitled to their vote... or that there are no undecided black voters. Both are stupid assumptions.
Actions speak louder than words...unless you're Joe Biden
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

seahawk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:12 pm
seahawk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:57 pm Birtherism vs. 8 years as Obama VP.

I do think what he said was stupid though. Hopefully he can learn from his mistake, and not continuously repeat them like the current president.

I wonder if this almost guarantees he picks a black woman as his running mate? Stacey Abrams or Kamala Harris? Any others that have been rumored to be in the running that I am overlooking?
I quoted the professional politician who was formerly a Republican. My experience is that those who've been elected to office have more experience of looking ahead to the pushback from the other side than most of us who comment here have.
He might be onto something...i just spent almost an hour reading thru comments on Charlemagne the gods social media videos of the Biden interview...

A few comments stuck out for sure. 1 lady said "Biden is not my choice, but he will get my vote."...another comment basically said the dems have bad ideas for blacks, but the Republicans have no ideas for blacks...there were definitely lots of people turned off by his comments, but most seemed to hate trump enough that they will still vote Biden even though they don't like him or how he speaks to black voters in such a condescending and demonstrative manner. The whole "listen here" and "come on man" statements are a turn off, and someone should really talk to him about that...another thing that stood out was an overwhelming amount of comments saying the democratic party keeps fucking up by pushing these candidates and that people are getting fed up and they won't just continue to vote dem if change doesn't occur in who the dems run...also that many feel neither party does anything tangible for their community.

Both parties have an opportunity to create some good change for the black community, but it cant just be words with no action any longer.

I dont particularly like Biden, and it seems to lessen the more and more he speaks, in addition to the sexual assault allegations, but between he and trump he's definitely the lesser of 2 evils.

Whoever wins, hopefully over the next 4 year term some good candidates can rise to the top. Because these 2 aren't it.
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Fri May 22, 2020 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:01 pm
seahawk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:12 pm

He might be onto something...i just spent almost an hour reading thru comments on Charlemagne the gods social media videos of the Biden interview...

A few comments stuck out for sure. 1 lady said "Biden is not my choice, but he will get my vote."...another comment basically said the dems have bad ideas for blacks, but the Republicans have no ideas for blacks...there were definitely lots of people turned off by his comments, but most seemed to hate trump enough that they will still vote Biden even though they don't like him or how he speaks to black voters in such a condescending and demonstrative manner. The whole "listen here" and "come on man" statements are a turn off, and someone should really talk to him about that.

I dont particularly like Biden, and it seems to lessen the more and more he speaks, in addition to the sexual assault allegations, but between he and trump he's definitely the lesser of 2 evils.

Whoever wins, hopefully over the next 4 year term some good candidates can rise to the top. Because these 2 aren't it.
Plural? I know of one, whose attorney just quit, and whose credibility in general is lacking.
Deleted User 310

I am not going to speculate or play detective or be completely dismissive because of things like attorneys quitting...but in general I dont think most people typically get accused of that type of thing, so it's at the very least concerning.

I dont remember Obama being accused of that type of stuff? Or George Bush?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I guess this is different:

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:29 pm I am not going to speculate or play detective or be completely dismissive because of things like attorneys quitting...but in general I dont think most people typically get accused of that type of thing, so it's at the very least concerning.
?
But you will baselessly pluralize sexual assault.

And "most people" aren't in consideration for a very high public office in a toxic, apocryphal environment, like Biden and Kavanaugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:48 pm I guess this is different:

Amember when Hairy Read used to call Clarence Thomas dumb all the time?

O'course you don't.

Now ask yourself why.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Mjl wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:48 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:29 pm I am not going to speculate or play detective or be completely dismissive because of things like attorneys quitting...but in general I dont think most people typically get accused of that type of thing, so it's at the very least concerning.
?

And "most people" aren't in consideration for a very high public office in a toxic, apocryphal environment, like Biden and Kavanaugh.
I believe there were multiple allegations. But dont quote me boy cuz I aint said shit
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 310

Mjl wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:48 pm
?
That "s" was far less intentional and calculated than you're making it seem...but since we are going there....

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-bid ... ign-2019-6

7 of the 8 say it wasn't enough to consider it harassment or assault though, so that makes it all better i guess.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

There's a massive difference between"acting inappropriately" and sexual assault.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Yes and no. Sexual assault is inappropriate behavior. Right?
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

[/quote]

A few comments stuck out for sure. 1 lady said "Biden is not my choice, but he will get my vote."...another comment basically said the dems have bad ideas for blacks, but the Republicans have no ideas for blacks...there were definitely lots of people turned off by his comments, but most seemed to hate trump enough that they will still vote Biden even though they don't like him or how he speaks to black voters in such a condescending and demonstrative manner. The whole "listen here" and "come on man" statements are a turn off, and someone should really talk to him about that...another thing that stood out was an overwhelming amount of comments saying the democratic party keeps fucking up by pushing these candidates and that people are getting fed up and they won't just continue to vote dem if change doesn't occur in who the dems run...also that many feel neither party does anything tangible for their community.

Both parties have an opportunity to create some good change for the black community, but it cant just be words with no action any longer.

[/quote]

Corey Gardner, Mark Cuban
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 289

Cuban? Let me ask you this. Would it matter to you if he ran as a Republican or a Democrat? Meaning would you vote for him either way?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Grandma wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:07 am Yes and no. Sexual assault is inappropriate behavior. Right?
No. Not in the context of this conversation.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:31 am Cuban? Let me ask you this. Would it matter to you if he ran as a Republican or a Democrat? Meaning would you vote for him either way?
Fire BAD! Trump BAD!
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 310

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:22 am
First thought is who the fuck is chance the rapper.

Second thought is what the fuck is IG live.

Third thought is depression as those are our actual options.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

How freaking difficult is it for the Dems and Joe to realize that Joe scoops up another pile of dirt for his political grave every time he speaks or tweets? It's getting to the point where I am wondering when Joe drops out. Either forcefully or on his own free will. If he truly is cognizant, I would hope he feels the gut punches he is constantly rightfully receiving.