Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:23 pm That's the fucking problem with politicizing everything. It LOCKS you into a position based not on practical considerations but on the "YAY Team!" narrative.

You get Republicans refusing to wear masks, cuz freedom! And you get Democrats locking the world down for months and hoping for extended political damage cuz Orange Man Bad.

It's all fucking gross.
care to elaborate on how Democrats locking the world down is motivated by extended political damage?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:23 pm That's the fucking problem with politicizing everything. It LOCKS you into a position based not on practical considerations but on the "YAY Team!" narrative.

You get Republicans refusing to wear masks, cuz freedom! And you get Democrats locking the world down for months and hoping for extended political damage cuz Orange Man Bad.

It's all fucking gross.
Horseshit as usual. More Republican governors and legislators and they locked everything down also.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

The problem really lies in the fact that bc DC said it, many will attack it regardless. I don't think anyone actually wants this to be going on, and believing that the 'dems' are doing this to advance themselves is pure lunacy IMO.

But, DC echoed what my post said. And it is indeed disgusting.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:11 am
twocoach wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:01 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:18 am With the weather getting nice in most areas why don't churches look to hold some services outdoors where people can space out and airflow is safer?

This really isn't as hard as some people make it out to be. Most things can be modified in ways that make them significantly safer for participants.
Because actually solving the problem eliminates it from the list of things to bitch and whine about and if Trump doesn't have a list of things to bitch and whine about then he has to run on his actual accomplishments. If you remove all of the "yeah but fuck libs", "how dare you try to keep me from my church", "keep your hands off my guns" and "life begins at conception" people from Trump's base, he might not have enough votes to get on a primary ballot.
Why do you need trump to solve all the problems?

I am not looking for politicians to solve the problems. I am looking for people to solve their own problems.
That's very quaint and cute. But there are some issues in our society that need to be addressed at a federal government level.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

It's all fucking gross.
I don't really think it's "Democrats" locking down the world. I think it is politicians advised by overly cautious lawyers fueled by advice from properly cautious doctors. And I certainly don't think Dems are locking everything down "hoping for extended political damage".
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:14 am
twocoach wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:06 am
Grandma wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:36 am Isn't it sad we live in a country that is so divided that we need to have people die to prove our point/s?
Yesterday our President felt the need to hold a presser stating that houses of worship are to be considered "essential". I have no problem with that. Why would I - as long as it's done safely - and that is why the "guideline/s" were created. All good as far as I am concerned.
My problem is that he walked away refusing to take questions and handed it off to the White House Press Secretary to be the extension of his asshole personality.
She actually has the audacity to say to the members of the media who were there - "Boy, it's interesting to be in a room that desperately wants to seem to see these churches and houses of worship stay closed".
Not a single reporter implied that. They did ask about the safety and expressed that Birx and Trump seemed to not be completely in tune with one another.
When the q&a turned in to the political bull-shit OAN set up - I loved that every network (at least 6 or 7) I changed the channel to cut away - except for FOX. Then even FOX called her out.
Trump called the presser to address houses of worship being "opened" and it turned in to a shit show because Kayleigh McEnany is a scripted asshole puppet. This has been a pattern with her and while I realize it's their job to report the news, at some point the media that are assembled need to get up (loudly to drown her out) and walk out on her. Thankfully the networks are cutting her off - as they should.

P.S. I have no issue with people (such as Kayleigh McEnany) who wear religious symbols and expose them for others to see. Except when they shit on the religious principles those symbols represent.
If all he was asking for was for state governors to please work to find a way to put guidelines in place to open churches in a safe manner then I wouldn't have a problem with it. However, a church is no more essential than an ice rink or a swimming pool or a bowling alley. It's shameless pandering and a feeble attempt to weaponize people's faith.

And to listen to conservative voters, who spend all their time bitching about how the federal government should let states decide what is best for them, sit here with their thumbs up their asses while Trump takes a giant shit on that, is so typically hypocritical that it makes me laugh.
I'm not a religious person, but churches are more essential than bowling alleys skating rinks and indoor swimming pools imo.
I see no difference. It is a place where you go to engage in social activities with a community while seeking out some peace of mind. It's a building where people gather for various reasons, period.

Some people go to the church of golf and play 18 holes every Sunday to spend time with friends and seek refuge from their week of regular life. Others worship at the House of Dirt Trails on their mountain bike. Others go to church. To say that one is "essential" while the others are not is ridiculous.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:41 pm

It's all fucking gross.
I don't really think it's "Democrats" locking down the world. I think it is politicians advised by overly cautious lawyers fueled by advice from properly cautious doctors. And I certainly don't think Dems are locking everything down "hoping for extended political damage".
Of course you don't.

Yay team!
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:40 pm

It's all fucking gross.
care to elaborate on how Democrats locking the world down is motivated by extended political damage?
You should read more carefully. Geezer too.

I didn't say anything about the motivation behind the lockdown.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Gqcolorado wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:59 pm The problem really lies in the fact that bc DC said it, many will attack it regardless. I don't think anyone actually wants this to be going on, and believing that the 'dems' are doing this to advance themselves is pure lunacy IMO.

But, DC echoed what my post said. And it is indeed disgusting.
To be clear: nobody WANTS any of this, including 99.9% of Democrats.
If they could go back in time and kill Baby Hitler before he started the pandemic, they would.

Nevertheless, many are rather gratuitously reveling in the ensuing political and economic chaos.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

twocoach wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:38 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:01 am

Because actually solving the problem eliminates it from the list of things to bitch and whine about and if Trump doesn't have a list of things to bitch and whine about then he has to run on his actual accomplishments. If you remove all of the "yeah but fuck libs", "how dare you try to keep me from my church", "keep your hands off my guns" and "life begins at conception" people from Trump's base, he might not have enough votes to get on a primary ballot.

I am not looking for politicians to solve the problems. I am looking for people to solve their own problems.
That's very quaint and cute. But there are some issues in our society that need to be addressed at a federal government level.
Well how to safely eat at a restaurant or safely go to church aren't those issues imo. Those should be up to local officials and most importantly up to people to decide what is safe based on facts provided on their specific area.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:04 pm

Well how to safely eat at a restaurant or safely go to church aren't those issues imo. Those should be up to local officials and most importantly up to people to decide what is safe based on facts provided on their specific area.
And that is precisely how you end up in the clusterfuck that is the American response.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 310

Geezer wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:40 pm
And that is precisely how you end up in the clusterfuck that is the American response.
And that's solely trumps fault?

For nearly a month my governor said its safe to shop at weed stores, but not safe to golf or safe for gutter to walk on the lake front (although I think that was partly shutdown by people not social distancing). Cigarette shops and small liquor stores are open, but other small businesses in similar sized buildings with similar traffic counts and similar ability to distance aren't.

Sorry for not having much faith in politicians making decisions for me. Especially a small group of them on the federal level.

Do I think churches should be open? No. At least not inside. But smart ones could hold services outside in safe ways if they really put their mind to it.

Do I think inside seating at restaurants should be open? Nope...but they are defying the orders anyway and people are flocking there. I wont be going, and I won't be allowing myself or my kids to be around those who are.

The government can't force people to do things like this. There is no way to enforce it, at least not safely or with any effectiveness.

Its up to the people to do what is right for themselves....personally, my response hasn't been a clusterfuck. I've been careful for months before anyone told me to...and i will continue to do the same until I feel that it is safe. I can determine that myself by continually keeping up with my county stats and staying in touch with contacts at hospitals.

There wasn't a magic perfect response. And for many they'd complain no matter what....strange that I don't see nearly as much complaining about local officials decisions or responses, which is who people should be complaining about other than a few select situations. I guess i don't feel our overall response was a total cluster fuck. It wasnt perfect but it was impossible for it to be.
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Sat May 23, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Geezer wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:40 pm
Exactly, because people like you who are smarter than the rest of us dummies, should be allowed to tell the rest of us what to do. It's for our own good, right?
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 310

The response has to be different in different areas. That's why we have local government officials.

And let's be real, trump could have done ANYTHING/EVERYTHING under the sun and some would still complain about his "response" (which is your right)...but this is a highly contagious virus. The governement wasn't going to be able to completely stop it no matter what.

All I hear is complaining about the response, but not realistic suggestions about what the response should have been or could have been that significantly stops the spread.

Trumps says dumb things and does things like not wear masks where he should and boasts about taking a drug that doesn't work. I'm all for complaining about that or criticizing him for it...but i still have a mask in my car and I'm not seeking out hydroxychloroquine. I dont need trump to tell me what to do...and im not sure why you would either, especially since he's proven to be an idiot.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:00 pm The response has to be different in different areas. That's why we have local government officials.

And let's be real, trump could have done ANYTHING/EVERYTHING under the sun and some would still complain about his "response" (which is your right)...but this is a highly contagious virus. The governement wasn't going to be able to completely stop it no matter what.

All I hear is complaining about the response, but not realistic suggestions about what the response should have been or could have been that significantly stops the spread.

Trumps says dumb things and does things like not wear masks where he should and boasts about taking a drug that doesn't work. I'm all for complaining about that or criticizing him for it...but i still have a mask in my car and I'm not seeking out hydroxychloroquine. I dont need trump to tell me what to do...and im not sure why you would either, especially since he's proven to be an idiot.
DJT has/is representing the people who elected him. We want the states to have power that supersedes that of the Federal government, and we want individuals to be able to make decisions about how they live their lives. Obviously, those who would rather have the gummint take care of them and control those with whom they don't agree are not going to like the policy decisions he is making. I find it laughable that people act as if DJT is telling them what to do. Saying "I am taking hydroxycholoroquine" is NOT the same as saying "You should take it, too," much less "Go drink koi pond cleaner." The same is true with wearing masks. DJT has never said "You shouldn't wear masks" any more than BO said "You should smoke weed like me."
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 310

I am more upset at my governors response than trumps tbh.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I'm curious, what part/s of his "response" are you upset about?
Deleted User 310

Grandma wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:42 pm I'm curious, what part/s of his "response" are you upset about?
Well, I think it's silly that weed dispensaries are open for recreational sales, small liquor stores open, cigarette shops open...but for a month I couldn't golf and you still can't go walk by the lake...i also think for a long time his response was based too much off of chicago area while not realizing that those strict restrictions weren't as necessary in the much smaller rural counties (which fwiw is not my county)...that has caused many of the smaller counties to rebel against his restrictions and now aren't following any of them. Whereas I think if it was done more on a county by county or regional approach from the beginning that people wouldn't have become as upset as they have.

I also think its terrible optics that his wife went to florida, but I am not freaking out about it like some.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:36 pm I am more upset at my governors response than trumps tbh.
Yeah, that is also part of the plan...
Deleted User 310

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:57 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:36 pm I am more upset at my governors response than trumps tbh.
Yeah, that is also part of the plan...
I'm not buying into the conspiracy theories that he has a master plan.

I live in a blue state. I'm much more happy with my states response than I am of the responses of Florida Georgia Texas etc. I've been much happier with blue states repsonse than red states response, so for me that debunks your theory that he has turned me against my governor...but im sure for some he has, although I dont think the people you're speaking of needed any convincing.