who ya got?

Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Re: who ya got?

Post by TDub »

Hes trying to go after Bernie people. The same group that potential will allow trump to win again to spite their own people so they can complain for years more.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Grandma wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:39 am How freaking difficult is it for the Dems and Joe to realize that Joe scoops up another pile of dirt for his political grave every time he speaks or tweets? It's getting to the point where I am wondering when Joe drops out. Either forcefully or on his own free will. If he truly is cognizant, I would hope he feels the gut punches he is constantly rightfully receiving.

I suppose this is a good point, though if tax code is indeed the issue, it also makes me wonder how much Amazon (and other corporations) have lobbied lawmakers to turn the tax code into Swiss cheese?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:54 am Hes trying to go after Bernie people. The same group that potential will allow trump to win again to spite their own people so they can complain for years more.
why will libs "spite their own people" yet conservatives will march in lock step with their guy regardless of whether he exhibits any of the character or values they purport to hold?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:24 am
TDub wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:54 am Hes trying to go after Bernie people. The same group that potential will allow trump to win again to spite their own people so they can complain for years more.
why will libs "spite their own people" yet conservatives will march in lock step with their guy regardless of whether he exhibits any of the character or values they purport to hold?
Asking the wrong guy. Im sure someone will be along Shortly to scream bubba gump and read the honor code. They can help ya out maybe
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TDub wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:30 am
Asking the wrong guy. Im sure someone will be along Shortly to scream bubba gump and read the honor code. They can help ya out maybe
Yes, that’s a conundrum people have been trying to solve 😄. Look no further than how The Family Values Party is twisting itself to justify their current leader and the Dems are twisting their hands trying to “take the high road” where every speech is parsed fifteen different ways to make sure no one is offended (not saying that’s wrong but juxtaposition of the situations is stark)
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

From 2008 - and something I have been thinking about recently.

https://time.com/5459916/american-monarchy/
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:21 am
Grandma wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:39 am How freaking difficult is it for the Dems and Joe to realize that Joe scoops up another pile of dirt for his political grave every time he speaks or tweets? It's getting to the point where I am wondering when Joe drops out. Either forcefully or on his own free will. If he truly is cognizant, I would hope he feels the gut punches he is constantly rightfully receiving.

I suppose this is a good point, though if tax code is indeed the issue, it also makes me wonder how much Amazon (and other corporations) have lobbied lawmakers to turn the tax code into Swiss cheese?
Sucks when that double-edged sword cuts you, too, huh?
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

You know the best Part?

Jay Carney.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Are you sure?

Who makes those videos youse guys get moist about?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:45 am
TDub wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:30 am

Yes, that’s a conundrum people have been trying to solve 😄. Look no further than how The Family Values Party is twisting itself to justify their current leader and the Dems are twisting their hands trying to “take the high road” where every speech is parsed fifteen different ways to make sure no one is offended (not saying that’s wrong but juxtaposition of the situations is stark)
A whole fucking cottage industry.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:00 pm
Are you sure?

Who makes those videos youse guys get moist about?
ummm...Larry Flynt?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Yay Team!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

HouseDivided wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:36 am

Huh?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:58 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:36 am

Huh?
It sucks when your guy tweets stoopid stuff and gets publicly called out on it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

My guy?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:35 pmMy guy?
lolololololol
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:35 pmMy guy?
I’m sorry. I didn’t realize you were a Trumper. My bad.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Behind Trump’s demand to reopen churches: Slipping poll numbers and alarm inside his campaign

Trump was counting on widening support from white religious voters this fall. The pandemic is sending his numbers the other way.

A sudden shift in support for Donald Trump among religious conservatives is triggering alarm bells inside his reelection campaign, where top aides have long banked on expanding the president’s evangelical base as a key part of their strategy for victory this November.

The anxiety over Trump’s standing with the Christian right surfaced after a pair of surveys by reputable outfits earlier this month found waning confidence in the administration’s coronavirus response among key religious groups, with a staggering decline in the president’s favorability among white evangelicals and white Catholics. Both are crucial constituencies that supported Trump by wide margins in 2016 and could sink his reelection prospects if their turnout shrinks this fall.

The polls paint a bleak picture for Trump, who has counted on broadening his religious support by at least a few percentage points to compensate for weakened appeal with women and suburban populations. One GOP official said the dip in the president’s evangelical support also appeared in internal party polling, but disputed the notion that it had caused panic. Another person close to the campaign described an April survey by the Public Religion Research Institute, which showed a double-digit decline in Trump’s favorability among white evangelicals (-11), white Catholics (-12) and white mainline protestants (-18) from the previous month, as “pretty concerning.”

[...]
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

"Granny Should Die for the Dow" is not as popular as Trump anticipated, who woulda thought it?
Don't inject Lysol.