Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
Mjl

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by Mjl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:56 pm
Grandma wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:42 pm I'm curious, what part/s of his "response" are you upset about?
Well, I think it's silly that weed dispensaries are open for recreational sales, small liquor stores open, cigarette shops open...but for a month I couldn't golf and you still can't go walk by the lake...i also think for a long time his response was based too much off of chicago area while not realizing that those strict restrictions weren't as necessary in the much smaller rural counties (which fwiw is not my county)...that has caused many of the smaller counties to rebel against his restrictions and now aren't following any of them. Whereas I think if it was done more on a county by county or regional approach from the beginning that people wouldn't have become as upset as they have.

I also think its terrible optics that his wife went to florida, but I am not freaking out about it like some.
That's worse than Trump downplaying it and saying the states should be responsible for themselves while calling this a war?

Weed and alcohol are things that keep people happy when bored at home, and they don't require prolonged contact with people to purchase. It would be monumentally stupid to disallow those.

Pritzker followed Trump's guidelines by enacting the stay at home, and has a detailed plan in which different parts of the state can open things at different times based on the numbers.

How the hell is that worse.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Illy couldn't play golf.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

sdoyel wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:50 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:35 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:56 pm

You should read more carefully. Geezer too.

I didn't say anything about the motivation behind the lockdown.
I realize you're going all CoyDC by now, but can I ask again? Please try to answer the question without dodging it over terms like "motivation."

you seem to suggest dems hope to keep the world on lockdown primarily for political damage. When did lockdown become a "politicized" issue? Is this your own conclusion? Did you read it somewhere? Did a dem lawmaker have some Mitch McConnell-type moment, and shamelessly state it as a goal?

Do you perceive political damage as the only motivating factor behind locking the world down? Could lockdowns be motivated by other, less partisan, goals?

How would you prefer to see dems respond? Should they oblige and just un-lockdown the world?

are Dems the only ones locking the world down? Are (as Geezer mentions) republican lawmakers (and other world leaders) also in on the scheme to make Orange Man look bad too?

Should Orange Man bear any responsibility of his own for any of the "political damage?"

Where can we draw the line between a leader who locks down out of, say, public health concerns; and a leader who locks down cuz they hope to cause political damage?

and you mention the Dem hopes for political damage from lockdowns in the same breath as republican refusals to wear masks. Do you mean to compare the two, or suggest the two are related?
The Bubbas I know can’t seem to understand that Dems don’t want a lock down any more then they do. The problems Dems have revolve around things like: 1- There is no plan. 2- We don’t want to do this shit again later this year.
Except that the infallible Dr. Fauci already said that, no matter what we do, there will be a second, even worse wave later this year.

When your default mode is to refer to your fellow Americans as Bubbas, you disrespect the rights of sovereign states to decide what is best for themselves, and you couch things as hopelessly horrible no matter what anybody does, people are eventually going to flip you the bird while they head to the bowling alley in their pickup with the Confederate flag in the rear window no matter how much you protest that you are smarter, better educated and of greater inherent worth than they are and how many $1,200 checks you offer them. It’s also why DJT will win the election again in November despite everything that has happened.

I’m guessing somebody finally figured out as much, which is why the tiny doctor is no longer doing press conferences.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I don't think you know what sovereign means.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Geezer wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:37 pm I don't think you know what sovereign means.
I think I do. I also think I’m smart enough to know that, when the POTUS tells states that they can develop and implement their own plans, they are allowed to do so.

AGENDA 30! Amirite? Anyone?
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:31 pm

I realize you're going all CoyDC by now, but can I ask again? Please try to answer the question without dodging it over terms like "motivation."

you seem to suggest dems hope to keep the world on lockdown primarily for political damage. When did lockdown become a "politicized" issue? Is this your own conclusion? Did you read it somewhere? Did a dem lawmaker have some Mitch McConnell-type moment, and shamelessly state it as a goal?

Do you perceive political damage as the only motivating factor behind locking the world down? Could lockdowns be motivated by other, less partisan, goals?

How would you prefer to see dems respond? Should they oblige and just un-lockdown the world?

are Dems the only ones locking the world down? Are (as Geezer mentions) republican lawmakers (and other world leaders) also in on the scheme to make Orange Man look bad too?

Should Orange Man bear any responsibility of his own for any of the "political damage?"

Where can we draw the line between a leader who locks down out of, say, public health concerns; and a leader who locks down cuz they hope to cause political damage?

and you mention the Dem hopes for political damage from lockdowns in the same breath as republican refusals to wear masks. Do you mean to compare the two, or suggest the two are related?
The Bubbas I know can’t seem to understand that Dems don’t want a lock down any more then they do. The problems Dems have revolve around things like: 1- There is no plan. 2- We don’t want to do this shit again later this year.
Except that the infallible Dr. Fauci already said that, no matter what we do, there will be a second, even worse wave later this year.

When your default mode is to refer to your fellow Americans as Bubbas, you disrespect the rights of sovereign states to decide what is best for themselves, and you couch things as hopelessly horrible no matter what anybody does, people are eventually going to flip you the bird while they head to the bowling alley in their pickup with the Confederate flag in the rear window no matter how much you protest that you are smarter, better educated and of greater inherent worth than they are and how many $1,200 checks you offer them. It’s also why DJT will win the election again in November despite everything that has happened.

I’m guessing somebody finally figured out as much, which is why the tiny doctor is no longer doing press conferences.
Bubbas /\
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:40 pm
Geezer wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:37 pm I don't think you know what sovereign means.
I think I do. I also think I’m smart enough to know that, when the POTUS tells states that they can develop and implement their own plans, they are allowed to do so.

You can talk about sovereignty when California is legally able to deny people from Louisiana, Florida and Alabama (and other high-risk States) from entering our State. Until then you and the Orange Ape will continue to prove your ignorance
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:04 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:38 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:11 am

Why do you need trump to solve all the problems?

I am not looking for politicians to solve the problems. I am looking for people to solve their own problems.
That's very quaint and cute. But there are some issues in our society that need to be addressed at a federal government level.
Well how to safely eat at a restaurant or safely go to church aren't those issues imo. Those should be up to local officials and most importantly up to people to decide what is safe based on facts provided on their specific area.
So we agree that the President should STFU about it and is only doing so to pander to his base.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Eh, it's your President who is forgetting the rights of sovereign states to decide what is best for themselves and threatening to force states to open churches immediately, whether those states and local communities feel that it is what's best for them or not.

It's like you've argued yourself in such a circle that you're now arguing against yourself.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Mjl wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:29 pm
Grandma wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:42 pm I'm curious, what part/s of his "response" are you upset about?
Well, I think it's silly that weed dispensaries are open for recreational sales, small liquor stores open, cigarette shops open...but for a month I couldn't golf and you still can't go walk by the lake...i also think for a long time his response was based too much off of chicago area while not realizing that those strict restrictions weren't as necessary in the much smaller rural counties (which fwiw is not my county)...that has caused many of the smaller counties to rebel against his restrictions and now aren't following any of them. Whereas I think if it was done more on a county by county or regional approach from the beginning that people wouldn't have become as upset as they have.

I also think its terrible optics that his wife went to florida, but I am not freaking out about it like some.
That's worse than Trump downplaying it and saying the states should be responsible for themselves while calling this a war?

Weed and alcohol are things that keep people happy when bored at home, and they don't require prolonged contact with people to purchase. It would be monumentally stupid to disallow those.

Pritzker followed Trump's guidelines by enacting the stay at home, and has a detailed plan in which different parts of the state can open things at different times based on the numbers.

People standing in long lines of 100+ for an hour + to buy weed is significantly less safe than playing golf outside. That was my only point. I don't have an issue with weed stores and liquor stores being open, but some of what was chosen to remain open had nothing to do with what was "safe", which is stupid if stuff is being closed down for our "safety".
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Sun May 24, 2020 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

twocoach wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:58 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:04 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:38 pm
That's very quaint and cute. But there are some issues in our society that need to be addressed at a federal government level.
Well how to safely eat at a restaurant or safely go to church aren't those issues imo. Those should be up to local officials and most importantly up to people to decide what is safe based on facts provided on their specific area.
So we agree that the President should STFU about it and is only doing so to pander to his base.
the president should always STFU. And he's always pandering to his "base".
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:58 am

People standing in long lines of 100+ for an hour + to buy weed is significantly less safe than playing golf outside. That was my only point. I don't have an issue with weed stores and liquor stores being open, but some of what was chosen to remain open had nothing to do with what was "safe", which is stupid if stuff is being closed down for our "safety".
People standing in any lines - short, medium, long,
for any period of time - 30 seconds, 10 minutes, an hour, 7 hours,
to buy anything - weed, paper clips, butt plugs,
is probably just as safe if not more safe if they are "social/physical distancing" and wearing masks (which they are/were required to do) than someone playing golf - in any capacity.
So your only point has kind of been "de-bunked".

You did use the word "some" when you said, "some of what was chosen to remain open had nothing to do with what was "safe", which is stupid if stuff is being closed down for our "safety".

I would have used the word most - not "some".
At the beginning I questioned what is "essential" more than what is "safe".
I feel many things that were closed could have remained open if it was done "safely".
The problem that I have stated repeatedly is that too many people don't give a fuck about "safely" and how do you deal with those people when they choose to ignore the safety of others?
My Mayor felt the need to punish me for other people's recklessness. I question if I should be more upset with her for not figuring out a good way to deal with the assholes so that I can continue to enjoy the things I do or if I should place more blame on the assholes for being who and what they have always been - assholes.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:03 am

Eh, it's your President who is forgetting the rights of sovereign states to decide what is best for themselves and threatening to force states to open churches immediately, whether those states and local communities feel that it is what's best for them or not.

It's like you've argued yourself in such a circle that you're now arguing against yourself.
Youre now a states rights guy huh? I see.

Talk about arguing against yourself in circles. You would be the expert on that.
Just Ledoux it
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

You just said yourself that he can’t do that, which is correct. Any mandate’s authority would come from the Constitution. Who’s arguing against themselves?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

zsn wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:04 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:40 pm

You can talk about sovereignty when California is legally able to deny people from Louisiana, Florida and Alabama (and other high-risk States) from entering our State. Until then you and the Orange Ape will continue to prove your ignorance
You mean precious people like this lady?

https://www.sfgate.com/coronavirus/arti ... 291534.php

“A woman was photographed Friday allegedly posting xenophobic letters in San Leandro, demanding that “if you are a woman or man and was born in other country, return, go back to your land immediately, fast, with urgency."
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:58 am

But everyone in line is outside and distanced six feet apart and wearing masks. Is that really a risk? Or have you seen weed stores not abiding by those rules?
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

It would be nice if he was able to comprehend the number of deaths can and will only go up.

He's on a roll today.
Back on his Joe Scarborough obsession.
Tweeting (seemingly happily) about Michael Moore saying Biden lacks "necessary enthusiasm" to beat Trump - While forgetting/ignoring that Moore has ripped Trump to shreds in the past.
Harping on mail in ballots - which his obsession makes me rightfully question if "his people" have figured out a way to manipulate voting "machines".
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:37 am

Youre now a states rights guy huh? I see.

Talk about arguing against yourself in circles. You would be the expert on that.
No, I am simply asking why conservatives are OK with this.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I hate to see this:

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”