The Worst People in the World...

Coffee talk.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: The Worst People in the World...

Post by pdub »

Shifting a bit, but still talking about the worst people in the world, i.e. Missourians:

Kansas soldier stops MIZZOU active shooter

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/so ... e-n1216221
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

(If you choose to go to twitter to read this thread, there are numerous links referencing what the author says.)

2. For several years, Zuckerberg has oriented Facebook's entire public policy apparatus around placating Republicans and Trump

Again and again, Facebook has taken actions to empower Trump and the right-wing, ignoring their own policies

3. Trump is spending millions on Facebook ads featuring claims that have been debunked by Facebook's third-party fact-checkers

In response, Facebook CHANGED ITS POLICIES to allow Trump (and other politicians) to lie in ads

4. Facebook says again and again that it never changed it's political ad policy.

But it did!

I have receipts.

The policy used to ban all misinformation in ads. Then Trump started spending millions to spread misinformation and the policy was changed.

5. Facebook recruited the Daily Caller, a far-right site founded by Fox News host Tucker Carlson, to become an official fact-checker for Facebook. The decision was made even though the Daily Caller has a history of inaccurate reporting targeting Democrats.

6. The Daily Caller uses its privileged position to benefit Trump and reduce the distribution of critical articles about Trump by outlets like POLITICO.

Why does The Daily Caller get to fact check POLITICO on Facebook?

Because Zuckerberg says so

7. Facebook hired former Republican Senator Jon Kyl to produce a report on whether Facebook is biased against conservatives. Facebook did not make any effort to study whether the platform had any bias against liberals.

8. Zuckerberg invited right-wing pundits to his home to discuss "partnerships" and "free speech." Invitees included Tucker Carlson, who recently said that immigrants were making America "dirtier," and Brent Bozell, who said President Obama looked like a "skinny ghetto crackhead."

9. Facebook allows The Daily Wire, a toxic right-wing website, a clandestine network of 14 Facebook pages that purport to be independent but exclusively promote content from The Daily Wire

This is in clear violation of Facebook's rules

10. The head of "Facebook News," Campbell Brown, continues to be involved in her own news outlet, The74, which Brown founded with the support of Trump Education Secretary Betsy DeVos.

Brown wrote a column on the site lavishly praising DeVos

Facebook's top news executive has her own media outlet — and it's been savaging Elizabeth Warren

11. Zuckerberg announced the launch of Facebook News on stage with News Corp CEO Robert Thomson, a top executive in Rupert Murdoch's right-wing media empire

12. Brown and Zuckerberg hired a former producer for Fox & Friends, Jennifer Williams, to run video strategy for Facebook News

Williams will be part of Facebook's news curation team, which means she'll be selecting content to be featured in the News tab

In October, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced the creation of a new "Facebook News" tab.

13. Facebook News team elected to include Breitbart — a noxious right-wing site that was caught laundering white nationalist talking points — among the 200 "quality" sources included in the launch.

14. Facebook has a policy that prohibits misrepresentation on voting methods. In announcing the policy, Zuckerberg said there would be no exception for Trump or other politicians.

Trump is now violating the policy, but Facebook won't enforce it

Facebook and Twitter are terrified of Trump

Facebook and Twitter both issued clear policies: Publishing misinformation about voting methods in advance of the 2020 election is prohibited.

15. I'm going to continue to report the THE TRUTH about how Facebook operates.

That's because it is a core source of information for billions of people.

To stay informed, sign up for my newsletter, Popular Information -->
Popular Information
Independent accountability journalism.
http://popular.info/subscribe
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:50 am Shifting a bit, but still talking about the worst people in the world, i.e. Missourians:

Kansas soldier stops MIZZOU active shooter

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/so ... e-n1216221
Damn! Strong work!

As bridges go in that part of the world, that's a relatively long one. If the shooter hadn't been stopped, the traffic would have kept piling onto the bridge trapping people in their cars, and results could have been much, much worse.
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:28 amFuck.
It is a goddamned miracle there hasn’t yet been vigilante justice.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:43 am
Please forgive my ignorance. I truly want to understand your post. It is a goddamned miracle there hasn’t yet been vigilante justice - by who/m? Against who/m?
Deleted User 289

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Feral wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:01 am (If you choose to go to twitter to read this thread, there are numerous links referencing what the author says.)

2. For several years, Zuckerberg has oriented Facebook's entire public policy apparatus around placating Republicans and Trump

Again and again, Facebook has taken actions to empower Trump and the right-wing, ignoring their own policies

3. Trump is spending millions on Facebook ads featuring claims that have been debunked by Facebook's third-party fact-checkers

In response, Facebook CHANGED ITS POLICIES to allow Trump (and other politicians) to lie in ads

4. Facebook says again and again that it never changed it's political ad policy.

But it did!

I have receipts.

The policy used to ban all misinformation in ads. Then Trump started spending millions to spread misinformation and the policy was changed.

5. Facebook recruited the Daily Caller, a far-right site founded by Fox News host Tucker Carlson, to become an official fact-checker for Facebook. The decision was made even though the Daily Caller has a history of inaccurate reporting targeting Democrats.

6. The Daily Caller uses its privileged position to benefit Trump and reduce the distribution of critical articles about Trump by outlets like POLITICO.

Why does The Daily Caller get to fact check POLITICO on Facebook?

Because Zuckerberg says so

7. Facebook hired former Republican Senator Jon Kyl to produce a report on whether Facebook is biased against conservatives. Facebook did not make any effort to study whether the platform had any bias against liberals.

8. Zuckerberg invited right-wing pundits to his home to discuss "partnerships" and "free speech." Invitees included Tucker Carlson, who recently said that immigrants were making America "dirtier," and Brent Bozell, who said President Obama looked like a "skinny ghetto crackhead."

9. Facebook allows The Daily Wire, a toxic right-wing website, a clandestine network of 14 Facebook pages that purport to be independent but exclusively promote content from The Daily Wire

This is in clear violation of Facebook's rules

10. The head of "Facebook News," Campbell Brown, continues to be involved in her own news outlet, The74, which Brown founded with the support of Trump Education Secretary Betsy DeVos.

Brown wrote a column on the site lavishly praising DeVos

Facebook's top news executive has her own media outlet — and it's been savaging Elizabeth Warren

11. Zuckerberg announced the launch of Facebook News on stage with News Corp CEO Robert Thomson, a top executive in Rupert Murdoch's right-wing media empire

12. Brown and Zuckerberg hired a former producer for Fox & Friends, Jennifer Williams, to run video strategy for Facebook News

Williams will be part of Facebook's news curation team, which means she'll be selecting content to be featured in the News tab

In October, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced the creation of a new "Facebook News" tab.

13. Facebook News team elected to include Breitbart — a noxious right-wing site that was caught laundering white nationalist talking points — among the 200 "quality" sources included in the launch.

14. Facebook has a policy that prohibits misrepresentation on voting methods. In announcing the policy, Zuckerberg said there would be no exception for Trump or other politicians.

Trump is now violating the policy, but Facebook won't enforce it

Facebook and Twitter are terrified of Trump

Facebook and Twitter both issued clear policies: Publishing misinformation about voting methods in advance of the 2020 election is prohibited.

15. I'm going to continue to report the THE TRUTH about how Facebook operates.

That's because it is a core source of information for billions of people.

To stay informed, sign up for my newsletter, Popular Information -->
Popular Information
Independent accountability journalism.
http://popular.info/subscribe
I would be curious to see the numbers on the party affiliation of the folks whose activity on the platform generates the most ad revenue for Facebook.

Most of the liberals I know are using Facebook less. Most of the conservatives I know are using Facebook more.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Russian bots prefer Facebook.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Grandma wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:53 am
Please forgive my ignorance. I truly want to understand your post. It is a goddamned miracle there hasn’t yet been vigilante justice - by who/m? Against who/m?
By the "storm the Michigan capitol building with an AR-15 because I couldn't buy a jetski" crowd against the "light buildings on fire because the police killed a guy" crowd.
Deleted User 289

jfish26 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:35 am
Grandma wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:53 am

By the "storm the Michigan capitol building with an AR-15 because I couldn't buy a jetski" crowd against the "light buildings on fire because the police killed a guy" crowd.
Gotcha! I agree that it's a miracle - if it's true. My concern is just because we haven't heard/read anything doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I posted the video yesterday of the "storm the Michigan capitol building with an AR-15 because I couldn't buy a jetski" guys who let it be known they were armed, ready, willing, and able to commit vigilante justice in Minneapolis - should they feel a need/desire.

I have no idea who did the shooting in Louisville last night and who was shot.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I've known Zuckerberg has sucked for years, but I didn't know he was sucking on such an apparently partisan slant.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:28 am I've known Zuckerberg has sucked for years, but I didn't know he was sucking on such an apparently partisan slant.
Sarah Cooper
May 29, 2020

Fun fact: The Constitution gives Congress the right to censure the president but when they don’t have the guts to do so, that responsibility will go to... *checks notes* ...Twitter

Greg Evans
@gregseeds

Seriously, why'd I spend all those years in school learning about the branches of govt and our system of checks n balances?

I'm relying on a Silicon Valley billionaire technocrat to save democracy?

We're in a tough spot.
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 289

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:28 am I've known Zuckerberg has sucked for years, but I didn't know he was sucking on such an apparently partisan slant.
Yet 95% of "libtards" who post on Facebook either don't know or don't give a fudge and will continue to post on Facebook - until the new "fad" becomes "boycott Facebook".
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I boycotted Facebook years ago.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:42 am I boycotted Facebook years ago.
I keep it around as it has been the easiest to stay in contact with international friends.

I stopped being an active user years ago because of a shift to the active users being my parents' age. It kind of became their thing. I didn't imagine it would end in a divide of fb=conservative, twitter=liberal, but probably should have seen that coming.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

it all sucks, and imo does more harm than good on multiple levels
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I just wish we could enjoy the good, in that it is an effective networking and communication tool; while somehow being able to mitigate the harm, in that it's so prone to spreading misinformation.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:02 am it all sucks, and imo does more harm than good on multiple levels
But this attitude also rubs me wrong==we're taking it all too seriously now.

Like a teenage girl, I've been more into instagram lately because it truly is just a mindless time-waster. My twitter feed is also still pretty tailored and I can avoid a lot of the viral stuff.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:04 pm Also:

Wait, where’s the other evidence?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:02 am it all sucks, and imo does more harm than good on multiple levels
I agree.
Just Ledoux it