Where's the petri dish thread?

Coffee talk.
sdoyel

Re: Where's the petri dish thread?

Post by sdoyel »

You have someone like the Mayor of Atlanta delivering a heartfelt, compassionate speech about the Floyd situation and rioting. Former President Obama, eloquently conveying his thoughts on the matter...

Then you have Trump using it as a moment for self-promotion.

The Commander in Chief has spewed racist comments since he logged onto Twitter the very first time, he’s instilled it (racism) as the backbone of his immigration policies, and he continues to stoke the fire time and time again with his divisive rhetoric.

You wonder why we are sitting here looking at our TVs and social media wondering, what the fuck is going on???

This shit fest in America is in a downward spiral. You REALLY think this dumb fuck in Washington is going to rescue America?

Really?
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

sdoyel wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:37 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:42 pm
Grandma wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:10 pm

The people in this country with the white supremest shit tattooed on their bodies are the ones who voted for Obama and are the ones who don't currently support Trump? Damn, they had me fooled.

I know, there is a lot more to it than just that and I actually happen to agree that Democrats have blood on their hands too - but let's spare each other (meaning everyone on here) the bullshit that it's either the Democrats or the Republicans who are solely at fault.

I wasn't sure what your purpose was in bringing up which party has controlled Minneapolis since 75
but I know it wasn't because you feel that's the reason why a white cop killed a black man and now SOME black people are pissed off enough to destroy their city.
If you're going to play party games, Gutman, you gotta take the good with the bad.

Trump has NOTHING whatsoever to do with the conditions in Minneapolis. Not a fucking thing. One party has overseen the city for almost half-a-century -- including the current animosity between the community and the police. One party has controlled the schools, and the budgets, and the community-engagement programs. One party refused to do anything at all about Derek Chauvin, despite at least 10 complaints and two questionable shootings. One party cut $1 million in funding from the Mayor's 2019 police budget to give it to community anti-violence programs. One party. All by itself. For 45 years.

Is it that simple?

Of course not. But maybe you should take that up with the poster who brought partisan politics into it.

Not that you have the sac.
This shit isn’t happening in a bubble...
Exactly.

But you are.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Not Nice.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:33 pm i wonder if psych ever recommends/prescribes meds for his “patients”

and, if he has any clue about the process that went into assessing the safety and efficacy of such meds

or, if he believes god magically put those meds on earth for our use
Do you ever ask actual questions, or do you just post thinly-veiled insults with question marks at the end of them? “Science” that continually contradicts itself is not trustworthy. Any dolt can understand that.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

sdoyel wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:55 pm You have someone like the Mayor of Atlanta delivering a heartfelt, compassionate speech about the Floyd situation and rioting. Former President Obama, eloquently conveying his thoughts on the matter...

The Commander in Chief has spewed racist comments since he logged onto Twitter the very first time, he’s instilled it (racism) as the backbone of his immigration policies, and he continues to stoke the fire time and time again with his divisive rhetoric.

You wonder why we are sitting here looking at our TVs and social media wondering, what the fuck is going on???

This shit fest in America is in a downward spiral. You REALLY think this dumb fuck in Washington is going to rescue America?

Really?
Who are you talking to?
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:55 pm
sdoyel wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:55 pm You have someone like the Mayor of Atlanta delivering a heartfelt, compassionate speech about the Floyd situation and rioting. Former President Obama, eloquently conveying his thoughts on the matter...

Really?
Who are you talking to?
“Trump has NOTHING whatsoever to do with the conditions in Minneapolis. Not a fucking thing. ”

LULZ

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

sdoyel wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:57 pm

Really?
Who are you talking to?
“Trump has NOTHING whatsoever to do with the conditions in Minneapolis. Not a fucking thing. ”

LULZ
Ok.

1. Who are you talking to?

2. What does Trump have to do with Minneapolis?

Be specific, K?
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:28 am
sdoyel wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:57 pm

Who are you talking to?

LULZ
Ok.

1. Who are you talking to?

2. What does Trump have to do with Minneapolis?

Be specific, K?
Your question isn't clear.
What does he have to do with a white cop "killing" a black man?
What does he have to do with the "protesters" who resorted to violence?
What does he have to do with the way Minneapolis is governed?
What does he have to do with people being pissed off?
What does he have to do with the way he has responded to what is happening in Minneapolis right now?
All of the above? Some of the above? None of the above?
I'm not going to answer any of those questions because I don't have a definitive answer but we are well aware your response is "Nothing" - "not a fucking thing".

Lori Lightfoot thinks differently.
“He wants to show failures on the part of Democratic local leaders, to throw red meat to his base".
"His goal is to polarize, to destabilize local government and inflame racist urges. We can absolutely not let him prevail. And I will code what I really want to say to Donald Trump. It’s two words. It begins with F and it ends with U.”
But hey, she's just an angry stupid black Democratic Mayor.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Get a grip, Gutter.

Also, I'll guess you know who Big Bill Thompson was, right?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

The white supremacists speaks.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 289

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:19 am Get a grip, Gutter.

Not interested in "fighting" with anyone today but more than willing to have respectful dialogue.

I have a grip. Maybe a very weak one but I do have a grip.
A sincere thank you for making me feel like you are giving me some credit for knowing who "Big" Bill Thompson was.
Other than he was a Republican Mayor of Chicago, I admit I am confused and I am wondering why you are mentioning him.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

DC, I’m talking to all of “you” Trump supporters out there.

This guy has poured kerosene on a smoldering fire...

He just can’t help himself.

And look at the beating the free press is taking. Arrested on live TV, shot with rubber bullets. Why? We have some Trump sympathizers in the police forces across this country who have been groomed to believe that “the media is bad, fake news!” They’ve bought in to the cult...

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

A respected leader in the community delivering a great speech:

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

sdoyel wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:00 am A respected leader in the community delivering a great speech:

Should be on the other thread but that was great. Especially delivering it off the cuff. Every point made was valid.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

sdoyel wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:58 am DC, I’m talking to all of “you” Trump supporters out there.

This guy has poured kerosene on a smoldering fire...

He just can’t help himself.

And look at the beating the free press is taking. Arrested on live TV, shot with rubber bullets. Why? We have some Trump sympathizers in the police forces across this country who have been groomed to believe that “the media is bad, fake news!” They’ve bought in to the cult...
Ah, good. That's clarifying.

You wrote You REALLY think this dumb fuck in Washington is going to rescue America?

1. Do you think a 77 year-old with clear cognitive impairment will "rescue" us?

2. Where have I ever said Trump will rescue us?

3. Most importantly -- and maybe the only thing that matters -- what, exactly, do we require rescuing from?

Addendum: What you're saying is that you think LEOs are incapable of thinking for themselves? They're atuomatons?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Grandma wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:21 am

Not interested in "fighting" with anyone today but more than willing to have respectful dialogue.

A sincere thank you for making me feel like you are giving me some credit for knowing who "Big" Bill Thompson was.
Other than he was a Republican Mayor of Chicago, I admit I am confused and I am wondering why you are mentioning him.
In your day-to-day life, how does federal policy affect you? How have the federal policies that affect you changed over the last 3 1/2 years?

In your day-to-day life, how does municipal policy affect you?
Deleted User 289

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:36 am

In your day-to-day life, how does federal policy affect you? How have the federal policies that affect you changed over the last 3 1/2 years?

Answer to your first question - many ways.
Answer to your second question - minimally.
Answer to your third question - many ways.
I’m sitting outside relaxing by the Chicago River. Trying not to give things that are troubling me too much thought so it’s probably dumb of me to be on here while I’m doing as such.

I’m not nearly as anti-Trump the President as I am anti-Trump the person.
I’m going to put my phone down for a while and perhaps when I get home I’ll give more thought to your post and give you better answers to your questions.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:11 am
sdoyel wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:00 am A respected leader in the community delivering a great speech:

Should be on the other thread but that was great. Especially delivering it off the cuff. Every point made was valid.
Sorry, I can’t keep these threads straight anymore. We’ve fallen off the deep end. :)

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Grandma wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:51 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:36 am

Answer to your first question - many ways.
Answer to your second question - minimally.
Answer to your third question - many ways.
I’m sitting outside relaxing by the Chicago River. Trying not to give things that are troubling me too much thought so it’s probably dumb of me to be on here while I’m doing as such.

I’m not nearly as anti-Trump the President as I am anti-Trump the person.
I’m going to put my phone down for a while and perhaps when I get home I’ll give more thought to your post and give you better answers to your questions.
My point, simply, is that in most people's day-to-day lives, local, county, and state government have a greater impact than the federal government. And while that's not an absolute and it changes over time, it's generally the case.

I won't deny that the conditions in many cities have their roots in racism and racist federal policies. And I won't deny that our dipshit president is fanning the flames. Nevertheless, pointing and shrieking "tRUmP!," like Doyel does, virtually guarantees that the issues that have spawned the current violence will go entirely unaddressed.

Among other things, unopposed one-party government over an extended period of time (as in most major cities and most Southern states) promotes complacency, corruption, and terrible policy -- all of which exists independent of anything the federal government or its nominal head do.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

August 3, 1980 started what we see today.
Don't inject Lysol.