Re: George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Post by TDub »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/us/booga ... index.html

Way to go 2coach. You sprung your boys into action and got your wish
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:09 pm Seeing Chauvin's charge will be elevated to 2nd degree murder and the other three officers will be charged with aiding and abetting.

https://www.startribune.com/ellison-exp ... 570984872/
“Who says protests don’t get anything done?”
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:12 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:35 pm
Grandma wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:56 pm

* EDIT
Nevermind. Why do I even try?
Let me guess: It'sTrump'sfault!RacismandTrumpandbadbadbad!
Bad guess!
But you are right about my often posting racism and Trump are bad.
You've made it known several times in regards to how you feel about my expressing my disgust for Trump.
Now you have an issue with my feeling and/or expressing racism is bad too? REALLY?

Here, let me appease you and share with you (and everyone else) exactly what I posted in response to what you had posted.

This was YOUR post.
"I guarantee that none of them felt like they were putting themselves at risk. They were taking advantage of an opportunity to throw a monumental temper tantrum with impunity. Stupidity abounds.

This was my response -
Were you out there on Michigan Avenue when the angry Black women was getting in the faces of the cops and yelling fuck you at them and the elderly white woman with ZERO fear walked up to her and started yelling at her to put on a mask?
We're you out there on Lake Shore Drive marching with the protesters in which 75% or more were wearing masks - and actually "social distancing"?
Then maybe you should shut the fuck up and stop pretending you know what others "felt like".
Yes, I'll give you that plenty of people didn't give a fuck about "putting themselves (and others) at risk" - but plenty did.
As far as your calling what they did "a monumental temper tantrum", you're God damn right for many it was "a monumental temper tantrum" and who the fuck are you to tell them that they shouldn't be pissed off?
I am not telling anyone how to feel. I am saying that, when how you express how you feel interferes with my ability to live my life, then we have a problem. Nobody gives a flip that the career that I spent twenty years working on is probably going to completely cease to exist in the next six months, thanks to the Plandemic coup nonsense. It pisses me off, but you don't see me out walking in front of moving traffic, burning buildings, or looting stores. Why? Because I'm too busy figuring out other ways to make sure I have what I need to live rather than running amok destroying other peoples' property. Be pissed off all you want, but do something about it through legitimate, legal, productive channels. It's not rocket science.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:02 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:17 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:26 am
The rioting and the looting certainly doesn't help that cause at all.
Folks who allow themselves to be distracted by HOW 0.1% of the protesters are protesting are just looking for an excuse to ignore WHY 99.9% of the protesters are protesting.
You were calling for people with ARs to join the protest and stand up. Stfu
No, I was asking why they weren't. I am glad they didn't do like they claimed they needed to and I knew their lame ass "we need to be armed in case the gummit rolls down our streets" was just a silly excuse for "but I want it".
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:35 pm https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/us/booga ... index.html

Eh, I don't own any guns. Do you?

OJ has said so many times that he didn't kill his wife that I genuinely think he has convinced himself. Folks like this seem to be similar. Any "-ism" repeated often enough can turn into a personal truth if you want to believe it's true.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:26 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:35 pm

Let me guess: It'sTrump'sfault!RacismandTrumpandbadbadbad!
Bad guess!
You've made it known several times in regards to how you feel about my expressing my disgust for Trump.
Now you have an issue with my feeling and/or expressing racism is bad too? REALLY?

Here, let me appease you and share with you (and everyone else) exactly what I posted in response to what you had posted.

This was YOUR post.
"I guarantee that none of them felt like they were putting themselves at risk. They were taking advantage of an opportunity to throw a monumental temper tantrum with impunity. Stupidity abounds.

This was my response -
Were you out there on Michigan Avenue when the angry Black women was getting in the faces of the cops and yelling fuck you at them and the elderly white woman with ZERO fear walked up to her and started yelling at her to put on a mask?
We're you out there on Lake Shore Drive marching with the protesters in which 75% or more were wearing masks - and actually "social distancing"?
Then maybe you should shut the fuck up and stop pretending you know what others "felt like".
Yes, I'll give you that plenty of people didn't give a fuck about "putting themselves (and others) at risk" - but plenty did.
As far as your calling what they did "a monumental temper tantrum", you're God damn right for many it was "a monumental temper tantrum" and who the fuck are you to tell them that they shouldn't be pissed off?
I am not telling anyone how to feel. I am saying that, when how you express how you feel interferes with my ability to live my life, then we have a problem. Nobody gives a flip that the career that I spent twenty years working on is probably going to completely cease to exist in the next six months, thanks to the Plandemic coup nonsense. It pisses me off, but you don't see me out walking in front of moving traffic, burning buildings, or looting stores. Why? Because I'm too busy figuring out other ways to make sure I have what I need to live rather than running amok destroying other peoples' property. Be pissed off all you want, but do something about it through legitimate, legal, productive channels. It's not rocket science.
The not so funny thing is I happen to agree with you about some things and I actually sympathize with and for you in terms of how things are directly affecting you.

Too many negative things affecting ALL of us these days. It's overwhelming to me at times being that I have family members with major health issues right now - on top of everything else.
I have no shame in being a man who admits at times he is weak

Anyways, I'm beyond angry and upset with the "rioters" and "looters". I feel everyone should be.
I'm 100% in support of the "protesters". Again, I feel everyone should be.

As far as the Covid fiasco, LOTS of blame to go around but the blame game doesn't solve much.
Just divides people.
It's strange to me that the past 4 days I have seen a much larger percentage of people wearing masks walking around on the streets than I have seen in the past 3 months. I can't figure it out.
I say whatever it takes to move forward and get back to "normalcy". I also say open EVERYTHING up if and when we can figure out a way to do it safely without major infringements on people's "rights".
I hate HAVING TO wear a mask when I enter a store or walking around the building I live in. I hate HAVING TO "social/physical" distance. I hate having stores closed. I hate not being able to go to sporting events and concerts. I hate not being able to ride my bike along the lakefront, not being able to go to the zoo or sit in Millennium Park, or many other "normal" things I enjoy doing. I hate not going to work on week days. I hate being alone most of the day when I am used to being in an office with 300+ people interacting with a large percentage of them on a daily basis.
All that being said, as I said earlier today, I still realize I'm one of the fortunate people.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:25 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:35 pm https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/us/booga ... index.html

OJ has said so many times that he didn't kill his wife that I genuinely think he has convinced himself. Folks like this seem to be similar. Any "-ism" repeated often enough can turn into a personal truth if you want to believe it's true.
Yep I do, that I use responsibly in the woods. Im not the one calling for AR15s at a peaceful protest.
Just Ledoux it
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:52 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:26 pm

Bad guess!

This was YOUR post.

This was my response -
The not so funny thing is I happen to agree with you about some things and I actually sympathize with and for you in terms of how things are directly affecting you.

Too many negative things affecting ALL of us these days. It's overwhelming to me at times being that I have family members with major health issues right now - on top of everything else.
I have no shame in being a man who admits at times he is weak

Anyways, I'm beyond angry and upset with the "rioters" and "looters". I feel everyone should be.
I'm 100% in support of the "protesters". Again, I feel everyone should be.

As far as the Covid fiasco, LOTS of blame to go around but the blame game doesn't solve much.
Just divides people.
It's strange to me that the past 4 days I have seen a much larger percentage of people wearing masks walking around on the streets than I have seen in the past 3 months. I can't figure it out.
I say whatever it takes to move forward and get back to "normalcy". I also say open EVERYTHING up if and when we can figure out a way to do it safely without major infringements on people's "rights".
I hate HAVING TO wear a mask when I enter a store or walking around the building I live in. I hate HAVING TO "social/physical" distance. I hate having stores closed. I hate not being able to go to sporting events and concerts. I hate not being able to ride my bike along the lakefront, not being able to go to the zoo or sit in Millennium Park, or many other "normal" things I enjoy doing. I hate not going to work on week days. I hate being alone most of the day when I am used to being in an office with 300+ people interacting with a large percentage of them on a daily basis.
All that being said, as I said earlier today, I still realize I'm one of the fortunate people.
I’m sorry, man. I forget sometimes how much the isolation must be wearing on you. I, too, hope things move back in the right direction soon. I think a lot of the violence we are seeing is a reflection of the pieces of our common humanity that have been stripped away by the fear, isolation, loss, and loneliness. It is sobering to me beyond words.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:23 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:25 pm

Yep I do, that I use responsibly in the woods. Im not the one calling for AR15s at a peaceful protest.
Neither am I. I was just wondering where they were. The most extreme of them have selectively started showing up now.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Amazing what intense backlash and division can do to a man who is so firm in his belief/s.

I'm torn. I respect him for giving a damn how others feel and apologizing (all be it probably someone else assisted him with his words) but I think he's being a pussy in regards to the strong message he originally intentionally made - that people agreed with him on and supported him for. Now he is alienating himself from those people. He fucked himself good on this one.

drewbrees
Verified

I would like to apologize to my friends, teammates, the City of New Orleans, the black community, NFL community and anyone I hurt with my comments yesterday. In speaking with some of you, it breaks my heart to know the pain I have caused.
In an attempt to talk about respect, unity, and solidarity centered around the American flag and the national anthem, I made comments that were insensitive and completely missed the mark on the issues we are facing right now as a country. They lacked awareness and any type of compassion or empathy. Instead, those words have become divisive and hurtful and have misled people into believing that somehow I am an enemy. This could not be further from the truth, and is not an accurate reflection of my heart or my character.

This is where I stand:

I stand with the black community in the fight against systemic racial injustice and police brutality and support the creation of real policy change that will make a difference.
I condemn the years of oppression that have taken place throughout our black communities and still exists today.
I acknowledge that we as Americans, including myself, have not done enough to fight for that equality or to truly understand the struggles and plight of the black community.
I recognize that I am part of the solution and can be a leader for the black community in this movement.
I will never know what it’s like to be a black man or raise black children in America but I will work every day to put myself in those shoes and fight for what is right.
I have ALWAYS been an ally, never an enemy.
I am sick about the way my comments were perceived yesterday, but I take full responsibility and accountability. I recognize that I should do less talking and more listening...and when the black community is talking about their pain, we all need to listen.
For that, I am very sorry and I ask your forgiveness.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Didn't Omaha PD just kill an unarmed black man the other day?

Wrong, it was a bar owner that killed the black 22 year old and he won't be charged.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I always expect the best.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Grandma wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:54 am Amazing what intense backlash and division can do to a man who is so firm in his belief/s.

I'm torn. I respect him for giving a damn how others feel and apologizing (all be it probably someone else assisted him with his words) but I think he's being a pussy in regards to the strong message he originally intentionally made - that people agreed with him on and supported him for. Now he is alienating himself from those people. He fucked himself good on this one.

drewbrees
Verified

I would like to apologize to my friends, teammates, the City of New Orleans, the black community, NFL community and anyone I hurt with my comments yesterday. In speaking with some of you, it breaks my heart to know the pain I have caused.
In an attempt to talk about respect, unity, and solidarity centered around the American flag and the national anthem, I made comments that were insensitive and completely missed the mark on the issues we are facing right now as a country. They lacked awareness and any type of compassion or empathy. Instead, those words have become divisive and hurtful and have misled people into believing that somehow I am an enemy. This could not be further from the truth, and is not an accurate reflection of my heart or my character.

This is where I stand:

I stand with the black community in the fight against systemic racial injustice and police brutality and support the creation of real policy change that will make a difference.
I condemn the years of oppression that have taken place throughout our black communities and still exists today.
I acknowledge that we as Americans, including myself, have not done enough to fight for that equality or to truly understand the struggles and plight of the black community.
I recognize that I am part of the solution and can be a leader for the black community in this movement.
I will never know what it’s like to be a black man or raise black children in America but I will work every day to put myself in those shoes and fight for what is right.
I have ALWAYS been an ally, never an enemy.
I am sick about the way my comments were perceived yesterday, but I take full responsibility and accountability. I recognize that I should do less talking and more listening...and when the black community is talking about their pain, we all need to listen.
For that, I am very sorry and I ask your forgiveness.
Brees is as entitled to his feelings and opinions on the topic as Kaepernick is. I have zero problem with him sharing his feelings. I disagree with him just as he disagrees with Kaepernick.

I just hope he is prepared to discuss them with his African American teammates.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

On now:

Preliminary Hearings for Ahmaud Arbery Shooting Suspects | LIVE |

AHMAUD ARBERY HEARINGS UNDERWAY: A preliminary hearing is underway for Travis McMichael, Greg McMichael and William Bryan regarding the death of Ahmaud Arbery. Arbery was jogging through his neighborhood on February 23 when he was shot and killed. Video footage appears to show Arbery being attacked by Gregory McMichael and his son Travis, who then fired three shots and killed Arbery in the street. The McMichaels were arrested and charged with murder and aggravated assault, and Bryan, who filmed the widespread video showing Arbery’s death, was charged with felony murder.
Derek Cressman
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Geezer wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:45 am Didn't Omaha PD just kill an unarmed black man the other day?

Wrong, it was a bar owner that killed the black 22 year old and he won't be charged.
The Douglas County Attorney has now backtracked and stated that he will send the case to a grand jury.

The bar owner's father initiated a confrontation with a group of teens down the sidewalk from the bar by walking down to them and then physically pushing two of them. Someone walking past then pushed the father to the ground, which brought the bar owner and bouncers to the confrontation.

After words back and forth, the bar owner pulled a gun he was carrying (on an expired concealed carry permit no less) and a male and female protester tackled the bar owner to the ground. The bar owner discharged two rounds over his shoulder, which resulted in those two protesters running off. Then a second protester jumped on the bar ownerand got him into a headlock to try to get the gun away from him and the bar owner shot over his shoulder and killed him.

He was initially released based on a claim of self-defense, which legally I understand. I just have a problem with anyone claiming self defense when they are the ones who initiated the incident and then escalated the incident by pulling a weapon unnecessarily. But I expect that he will be set free eventually.

The bar owner is a well known piece of shit in town with a long history of multiple arrests for assault, drunken disorderly, and illegal concealments of weapons not to mention some repulsive behavior and comments about transgenders in 2016. But those will obviously not factor in to this specific case.

He went to high school with a couple guys in 311 and his bar, The Hive, is named after 311's recording studio and is basically a 311 groupie bar for their old high school friends. He talked the mom of one of the band members into donating some memorabilia. I have been there once and it was creepy weird.

Numerous former employees have confirmed that he would yell at bouncers for letting "too many niggers and queers" into the bar if he saw multiple African Americans or what he perceived to be homosexuals into the bar. He's a giant sack of shit but again, I expect that because the protester chose to jump on him instead of run that he will get away with it.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Texas Lt. Gov. @DanPatrick on racism and religion to Fox News.

"We have a country where we’ve been working really hard, particularly on the left, to kick God out. We need a culture change to address this racism.”
via @AlexSamuelsx5

https://texastribune.org/2020/06/04/tex ... ck-racism/

Derek Cressman
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

He is entitled to his opinion. Is he not?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

What’s it to you if someone in texas loves god.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Feral wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:12 pm Texas Lt. Gov. @DanPatrick on racism and religion to Fox News.

"We have a country where we’ve been working really hard, particularly on the left, to kick God out. We need a culture change to address this racism.”
via @AlexSamuelsx5

https://texastribune.org/2020/06/04/tex ... ck-racism/

I don't want God out of everyone's life. I just don't want it in my life and the legislation that I live under.

The notion that I am incapable of addressing racism without religion and loving God is pathogically ignorant.