Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by twocoach »

It appears that we have all simply had enough of all of this. Enough COVID-19, enough Trump, enough police brutality, enough.

Trump was right. I am sick of all this winning.

But I do admit, it has been nice not having DC call me stupid, ignorant, a pussy or a cunt for the last few days...
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:07 am It appears that we have all simply had enough of all of this. Enough COVID-19, enough Trump, enough police brutality, enough.

But I do admit, it has been nice not having DC call me stupid, ignorant, a pussy or a cunt for the last few days...
I'm still here you stupid ignorant pussy.
Deleted User 318

NiceDC wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:29 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:07 am It appears that we have all simply had enough of all of this. Enough COVID-19, enough Trump, enough police brutality, enough.

I'm still here you stupid ignorant pussy.
Sorry, Not Nice.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:37 am
sdoyel wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:44 pm Everything Trump does backfires.
I really hope Trump talks his advisors into letting him give a big hearttfelt speech about unity and racial equality.

It would be the best "Vote For Biden" ad ever.
"I resign" would promote unity.
Don't inject Lysol.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

seahawk wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:56 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:37 am
sdoyel wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:44 pm Everything Trump does backfires.
I really hope Trump talks his advisors into letting him give a big hearttfelt speech about unity and racial equality.

It would be the best "Vote For Biden" ad ever.
"I resign" would promote unity.
Or a Civil War. The Facebook/Fox News crowd would lose their minds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Even with a teleprompter, I dunno if Trump is capable of being “heartfelt.” I also dunno if he is capable or even interested in saying a thing about “unity...”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The one way would be if someone could convince trump it would be politically expedient for himself, but then again, that’s at ends with his entire political strategy to date
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Just know that even when DC is not here to call you those names, they do all still apply.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:47 am Even with a teleprompter, I dunno if Trump is capable of being “heartfelt.” I also dunno if he is capable or even interested in saying a thing about “unity...”
Exactly. Why force him to make a bullshit statement that he clearly doesn't believe? Honestly, the desire to have Trump make a statement is driven by Republicans who want to say "see, he did it" and the media who wants to fill air time skewering his inevitable bullshit lies.

I dont need to hear him make a statement about anything at this point.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:50 am

Just know that even when DC is not here to call you those names, they do all still apply.
Anything to add to the actual conversation?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:48 am The one way would be if someone could convince trump it would be politically expedient for himself, but then again, that’s at ends with his entire political strategy to date
He thinks his dominant bully approach is going to win him a second term. No one is convincing Trump to do anything different.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

How very Trumpian of you
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:54 am

I contributed more in that sentence than you have in your entire backlog of posting.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:10 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:54 am
I contributed more in that sentence than you have in your entire backlog of posting.
It's just another Trumpian level performance of what you think makes your digital persona look like a witty tough guy.
Deleted User 318

How many PhDs do you have?
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

It is fascinating to see the flip flopping trump brings out in some people. Not directed at anyone specifically (and not meant maliciously), but i see a lot of "i don't want/need to hear anything trump has to say" but also a lot of "trump didn't say anything about *insert whatever topic*" from the same people.

I fall into the category of people who never want/need to hear trump say much about anything about anything because its usually either a lie or just some dumb nonsense. I dont respect him as a person or a president and I certainly don't look to him for leadership/guidance on anything. Hopefully we are nearing the end of his relevance politically...then I'll stomach Biden for however long he lasts and just hope somehow someway we get a better crop of front runners for 2024.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NiceDC wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:35 pm How many PhDs do you have?
If I won the lottery, I would quit my job and spend the rest of my life on a college campus collecting knowledge and degrees while enjoying the sights and sounds of a college campus. My lack of a PhD means nothing more than that I have not made an effort to attain one to this point in my life.

And there are a lot of people who have accumulated a vast amount of intelligence and degrees that don't know the first freaking thing about how to interact with other members of our society. It's the difference between "intelligent" and "smart". Some are varying degrees of one or the other, some are varying degrees of both, some are neither to any degree.
Last edited by twocoach on Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:54 pm It is fascinating to see the flip flopping trump brings out in some people. Not directed at anyone specifically (and not meant maliciously), but i see a lot of "i don't want/need to hear anything trump has to say" but also a lot of "trump didn't say anything about *insert whatever topic*" from the same people.

I fall into the category of people who never want/need to hear trump say much about anything about anything because its usually either a lie or just some dumb nonsense. I dont respect him as a person or a president and I certainly don't look to him for leadership/guidance on anything. Hopefully we are nearing the end of his relevance politically...then I'll stomach Biden for however long he lasts and just hope somehow someway we get a better crop of front runners for 2024.
If Trump would have made a statement immediately to try to calm things down and to call for unity and peace then it would have had a chance to be perceived as not full of shit (even though it probably still would have been). But after the last two weeks of Trump actively fanning the flames to make matters worse, it would be obvious that a statement now to suddenly reverse course and call for unity and peace is nothing more than a cheap ploy to help his reelection campaign.

Hopefully we have four years of Biden trying to clean up after the Toddler in Chief and then we can get someone in there who will make some actual progress forward.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:06 pm
NiceDC wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:35 pm How many PhDs do you have?
If I won the lottery, I would quit my job and spend the rest of my life on a college campus collecting knowledge and degrees while enjoying the sights and sounds of a college campus. My lack of a PhD means nothing more than that I have not made an effort to attain one to this point in my life.

And there are a lot of people who have accumulated a vast amount of intelligence and degrees that don't know the first freaking thing about how to interact with other members of our society. It's the difference between "intelligent" and "smart". Some are varying degrees of one or the other, some are varying degrees of both, some are neither to any degree.
These questions are open for anyone to answer.

First serious dumb question. You are applying for a job and you have a PhD in let's say Music or Art History.
How is that going to help you land a job in a different field over someone who has experience in that other field and doesn't have a PhD?

Second serious dumb question. You have a PhD. You apply for a job. There are 27 applicants who are called in for an interview. You are one of the 27. All 27 have PhDs. Now what is your PhD doing for you?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. (assuming you have no experience in the field yourself?) I suppose it's up to you to talk up the merits of your PhD and why those merits are worthy of weighing against experience in the field.

2. at least you're among the 27