NFL Offseason 2020

Kansas Football.
PhDhawk

Re: NFL Offseason 2020

Post by PhDhawk »

NiceDC wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:49 pm Jokes. Trying to lighten the mood.
it's having the opposite effect.

Last time you ran away it was b/c you thought DC was being mean to you. If you're gonna be that kind of coward maybe you should not be such a prick to everyone else.
Last edited by PhDhawk on Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Sorry. Not Nice.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Fuck you Vega.

Deleted User 318

??
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Just trying to lighten the mood.

Deleted User 318

Nice!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NiceDC wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:28 pm
Racism, as white fathers are generally more present and have more free time. Black fathers are 6x more likely to be in prison, and half of black kids live in a single parent household. Present black fathers are less likely to have a job that gives evening leisure hours due to not being historically in office jobs or other white collar work. This is also compounded with generational wealth built on the backs of black folk, and other policies that did not allow black people to scale to a level that for example Irish folks (who weren't considered "white" until the 20th century) have. Irish and black folk shared some of the same discrimination (just some, not nearly the same) but Irish folks, likely due to the color of their skin, was able to break out of the cycle in only a few generations while black folks it's taken hundreds of years.

https://tcf.org/content/commentary/inca ... /?agreed=1
There are of course many intricate levels to this and isn't just, foot down all encompassing, racism to blame.
But if you argue against it to certain individuals, they just claim you are wrong and that you are racist.
It certainly isn't worth discussing with NiceDC.
Deleted User 318

PhD agreed with my point however. I've never called anyone racist. However, I think people aren't willing to admit how much race affects the day-to-day life of a large segment of our population. But I don't think those people are malicious about it, and instead think society is further along than it really is.
Deleted User 318

You also had me worried that I may have. I checked, the only time I used the word "racist" was the post above. I don't considered anyone here racist. That's a specific charge that I wouldn't throw around.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

OK, NiceDC.
This is your first ever account on kcrim, dotnet and dotcom.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Dalvin Cook is holding out for a contract.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Good luck. You had 1 healthy season and now you want the bag.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

And by healthy season I mean 14 games.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Send him packing.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/292 ... 2-teams#KC

What the hell was Teicher thinking?
First, taking a RB so early, and 2nd if you're gonna take RB, and Saquon is there, you take him.
I woulda gotten Myles Garrett with my 1st and reached with my 2nd to get Josh Allen to get a young but starting to prove himself QB.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Teicher is a buffoon. He is honestly the last Chiefs beat guy I go to when reading about Chiefs. He's so far down the list in must read stuff for Chiefs.

But in that regard, here are my top Chiefs beat writers.
1. Herbie Teope KC Star - He's a bit of a nerd, but he knows his stuff and is incredible in grinding out information.
2. Nate Taylor Athletic - Not afraid of Andy Reid. Will go at him to get answers. And Andy fights back. Will write things that need to be written. Granted, that has fallen off with Chiefs success.
3. Sam McDowell KC Star - He's technically a Chiefs beat writer, but he is really good at behind the scenes information and writing about many things that aren't caught during a game. Young kid with a ton of potentional.
4. The Guys at Arrowhead Pride - Pete Sweeney and Kent Swanson do some incredible content with not much journal background. Just a bunch of fans, but I think Pete has helped them be more credible in the field because of his time with the Chiefs Organization as their reporter.
5. Teicher - Just a complete idiot. The game has passed him by. He's too old school and I'm honestly still so surprised that ESPN has him as the main cover guy for them. He just is not good.

Hall of Fame Beat Writer - Terez Paylor. He was too good for KC Star and he's been KILLING IT at Yahoo. Readers in KC are still his biggest fan base and he's still in KC so he's around the Chiefs a ton.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Terez is good. Should be a star.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:27 am Terez is good. Should be a star.
Yeah I personally think he already is. He's probably a top 15 national NFL guy.

Him and his partner at Yahoo, Charles Robinson, are both great. They do a great podcast and they both write great features for Yahoo Sports.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Where would hot take Whitlock be in those rankings?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:17 pm Where would hot take Whitlock be in those rankings?
With the wig? Still missing in action.