Grandma's 5 Questions for 6/10/20

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Grandma's 5 Questions for 6/10/20

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Thanks for the participation yesterday. Never thought my bathroom question would initiate such interesting dialogue. Also interesting (to me) that no one commented on my Grandmaisms. Oh well.

I apologize that/if some of my questions are similar to ones I have asked in the past.

1) Have you ever watched on TV and/or attended 3 (or more) ENTIRE NHL Playoff games in the same season?

2) On a scale of 0 to 100 (0 being not at all racist and 100 being as racist as can be) how racist is it of me to say I feel Candace Owens resembles a young Randy Moss in this photo.

3) You have to wear the same t-shirt for a week. You can wash it as frequently as you would like but you must wear it anywhere you are from a half hour after you wake up until a half hour before you go to sleep - except when you are bathing.
Each option has a particular color of shirt and something printed on the front along with a graphic.
Which option due you choose?
a) Blue shirt - Duke Basketball with a basketball image.
b) Yellow shirt - Gay Lives Matter with a rainbow.
c) Green shirt - Camel Towing with an image of a camel and a tow truck.
d) Pink shirt - I Swallow with a picture of a Swallow bird and the letter I above it.
e) Tan/Beige shirt - I'm With Stupid with an image of hand and the finger pointing up towards your face.
f) Orange shirt - I'm A Cop with a sprinkled doughnut image.
g) Red shirt - MAGA with an image of Donald Trump.

4) You work in an office. You get an email from your superior telling you that when you return to work you will be required to wear a mask at ALL TIMES while in the office. No exceptions - even with a doctor's "note". On a scale of 0-100 (0 being you couldn't be happier and 100 being you would rather kill yourself) ALL things that you can think of considered, how upset are you that you will have to wear a mask at all times?

5) Most important object/feature FOR YOU in a an automobile/vehicle.
a) Rear view mirror
b) Cup holder
c) Sun visor
d) Power windows
e) Stereo
f) Leather (or faux leather) seats
TDub
Contributor

Re: Grandma's 5 Questions for 6/10/20

Post by TDub »

1. No
2. 22. I dont think its nice, but i dont think youre being racist.
3. Green: Camel Towing
4. 22
5. Stereo. I drive quite a bit, in long stretches with very few other cars, as long as i got a decent stereo with blue tooth or at least a cd player im good.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

1. No
2. 30
3. Green shirt - if there's a political/social cause behind this, I don't know it, so I'll plead ignorance
4. 52
5. Going functional here - rear view mirror - ( sun visor also considered but shades should do the trick )
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

My answers.....

1) Yes
2) I think TDub hit the nail on the head. Not racist but also not nice. It's an insult to Moss. Ok, I guess that wasn't funny. I would say 0 but to appease others I will give myself a 4.685
3) A or C Although, B should probably be the correct choice. I'll go with A. Sue me.
4) Of course my question doesn't address semantics and scenarios but I am going to go with 75. For me, much of my work can be and will be done with out interacting with others and more than 6 feet away from anyone else.
5) C
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1. Yes. There's not much that beats NHL Playoffs.
2. 35
3. C I guess...
4. 47.82
5. E. Stereo. At least an hour round trip every day, big podcast listener on those drives.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Thing about stereo, now you could just turn on your phone and play spotify with the volume maxed.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:51 pm Thing about stereo, now you could just turn on your phone and play spotify with the volume maxed.
No. Doesnt work. Too much wind and vehicle noise.

I did however for several years have a big boombox ride shotgun to use as a cd player.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:56 pm
Wut?
I understand it's not as loud a stereo but surely you can hear it.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

pdub wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:51 pm Thing about stereo, now you could just turn on your phone and play spotify with the volume maxed.

I did however for several years have a big boombox ride shotgun to use as a cd player.
So pair a blue tooth speaker worth phone.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:08 pm
Wut?
I understand it's not as loud a stereo but surely you can hear it.
I cant, ive tried it. Cant hear a damn thing barely. Im pretty sure my hearing is damaged though. Years of heavy machinery, power tools,and guns.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Gqcolorado wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:11 pm

So pair a blue tooth speaker worth phone.
I do that in my work truck. A big old dewalt job radio with bluetooth sitting in the front seat
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I have an iPhone and I cannot stand the audio output from the phone speakers, especially for music. Something in how the frequencies are (I guess) will cause a headache in about 10 minutes. Drives my spousal unit nuts as she likes to play music on her iPhone. Have to have headphones or cast to car bluetooth or speakers. It doesn't matter which version of iPhone, or even a Samsung phone.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

2. Sugar Ray Leonard can eat here on the house!