COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by ousdahl »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:52 pm The term is Karen, not Nancy.......boomer.
“You ever notice you never meet a baby named Karen? That’s cuz it’s not a name, it’s a status you have to earn...”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Re: town being a zoo, just went to the grocery store and it looks like it did in March again. Everything picked over. Shelves empty. No toilet paper left.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Just saw a chick pull her mask down to sneeze, then pull it back up. People are awesome.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

The best part of this story is the quote by a Parks and Recreation guy:

Sam Biederman, an NYC Department of Parks and Recreation official, wrote, "In Staten Island they call this 'asking her politely to leave.'"

Shoppers at Staten Island grocery store scream at woman for not wearing mask

"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/shoppers-a ... 020-05-25/
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:53 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:26 am Small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, but my calendar reminds me we were supposed to leave on a ten-day Asia trip today. Sigh.
Good for you bro.

For every fish with the perspective to realize a missed travel opportunity is small potatoes and sigh it off, there are a whole big awful lot more of y’all who are all like WE’RE GOING ON THIS VACATION NO MATTER WHAT!
I think where you live might skew that perception. Im guessing there are more fishes than beavers/traveling Texans.

We canceled Disney this summer. Kids weren't even really all that sad. A year delay will only make it more enjoyable because the younger 1 will be taller and able to go on more rides whenever we do end up going.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

For real what happened to Purell?

Nowadays if a store even has hand sanitizer, it’s some unfamiliar new brand that costs 4 times as much
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Might as well just reopen everything now, given that we've had so many protesters and rioters out and about.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Everything was already reopening before the protests.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:21 pm Everything was already reopening before the protests.
Not where I am...
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Yesterday as usual, there was a cop in a car blocking access to the lakefront heading north by the Ohio Street Beach. The lakefront has been "closed" for the past 3 months but the past week or so there have been a lot of people walking, jogging, biking on the trail/path. Yesterday there were literally at least a hundred people that I could see on the trail/path.
I witnessed people asking a cop if they could enter the lake front trail/path and the cop would only say, "The lake front is closed".
It was almost robotic. He wouldn't answer yes or no. He just kept saying, "The lakefront is closed".
Well, clearly it wasn't "closed" or if it was - the police weren't enforcing it.
I first witnessed it at around 10:30am. Then at about 2:00pm I returned and it was the same thing. Only this time people were going around him and entering the trail/path. They were smart enough to ask if they would get fined or arrested and he said - "no". At 3:00pm I noticed not a single sole on the trail/path. Someone (I'm assuming the "commander") made the police enforce the "rule".
Point of my sharing that is, I am really tired of how selective and inconsistent the "policing" is in this city.
I see it on almost a daily basis.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Coronavirus breakthrough: dexamethasone is first drug shown to save lives

In a large trial, a cheap and widely available steroid cut deaths by one-third among patients critically ill with COVID-19.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01824-5
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Any of you all get the antibody testing kit?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:57 am Any of you all get the antibody testing kit?
What's the false positive rate? I don't trust any of these tests to be accurate enough even if I could get my hands on one.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:00 pm
Walrus wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:57 am Any of you all get the antibody testing kit?
What's the false positive rate? I don't trust any of these tests to be accurate enough even if I could get my hands on one.
That's why I've held off. That and the fact they are over $100.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:01 pm
I wouldn't behave any differently based on the results so I'll save that $100 for when it matters.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:19 pm

I wouldn't behave any differently based on the results so I'll save that $100 for when it matters.
Recognizing your behavior is the problem is a huge step.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Sparko wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:00 pm

A step twocoach will never take.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I honestly think I did have covid in early March, but I have no way to confirm without an antibody test.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:06 pm
Sparko wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:00 pm
A step twocoach will never take.
I have behaved in a thoroughly responsible manner in how I have interacted within my community in an effort to both reduce the risk of passing COVID-19 on to fellow community members as well as to attempt to spend money wisely to support smaller locally owned businesses.

Do you feel that I am refusing to reflect properly on my behavior as it concerns this virus? Or are you just going for a cheap put down?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:17 pm I honestly think I did have covid in early March, but I have no way to confirm without an antibody test.
Would you do anything differently if you took the test and the answer was "yes, you did"? I dont trust the tests enough to say that I would relax my precautions in public.