Grandma's 5 Questions for Father's Day 6/21/20

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Grandma's 5 Questions for Father's Day 6/21/20

Post by Deleted User 289 »

In regards to yesterday's question #4, I bet and hit the Superfecta on the Belmont Stakes yesterday.
Only had it for 10 cents. Paid me a disappointing $55.45.

1) Are you a father? If so, please share how many kids and their ages - if you care to. Happy Father's Day to you!

2) This evening you can have any meal you would like. What do you opt for?

3) I'm sure to no one's surprise, I have various mental defects. Sometimes as hard as I try, I can't get a song out of my head. It's annoying. Right now that song is Althea written by Robert Hunter.
If you care to, name a song off the top of your head that has meaning to you.

4) God forbid, BOTH Joe Biden and Donald Trump die before 11/03/2020. Assuming Mike Pence does NOT run for President, who would you like to be our President starting 01/20/2021.

5) Two parter.
Lemonade. I dated a woman who told me Lemonade is a child's drink. I disagree. She would actually be embarrassed when we would go out to dinner and order drinks with our meal and I would order Lemonade. So... Is Lemonade a child's drink and on a scale of 0 to 100 (0 being HATE and 100 being LOVE) rate your feelings about Lemonade.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Grandma's 5 Questions for Father's Day 6/21/20

Post by pdub »

1. Not that I know of
2. Arthur Bryant’s - 2 meat combo, fries, beans
3. One Shining Moment
4. blackmild/85 ticket
5. Not really. 55.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. Yes.
2. Elk steak and moose tenderloin, with garlic mashed taters and peppered green beans.
3. Chris Stapleton Tennessee Whiskey
4. Gutter
5. No 62
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) Yes, two girls. 27 and 20
2) Ribs, firing up the smoker soon
3) There are a lot worse songs to get in your head than "Althea". Heard "It's Alright, Ma" on the radio yesterday, I'll go with that.
4) Amy Klobuchar (sp)
5) No, 10. It's kind of sweet.
Broham
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

1. Yes. 3 and 6.
2. Tacos and enchiladas....grilling brats and hot dogs though.
3. I can't think of any honestly. Pdubs idea of one shining moment works for me too, or whatever the name of the song that plays at the beginning of the intro video.
4. phd
5. No. 93. Only a few drinks I like more. Iced tea. Cherry coke. Iced tea/lemonade combo. Water.
Deleted User 289

My answers....

1) See pdub's response. Closest was the "ex's" daughter who I treated and loved as if she were my own.

2) Good french bread with butter, caesar salad, steak vesuvio (with potatoes), Salerno's pizza with extra sauce - bacon - onions - garlic.
3) Already said Althea. Actually got it out of my head but now it's back in it.
4) I like other's answers so far. I haven't given it much thought. I'm not a bad choice and feel I would be a decent President if I surrounded myself with very good people. Since I have to choose someone I'm just going to throw out the name Deval Patrick. I have no idea why.
5) Not necessarily a kids drink. Was served lemonade at almost every meal in Israel as commonly as water is served in the USA.
On a warm day with a nice breeze, thirsty, sitting outside relaxing - 89.
On a cold day, not so thirsty, sitting inside, somewhat stressed - 32.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. Nope, but I did call my dad and called him a motherfucker LOL
2. any of the aforesaid meals sound delish...ok maybe not hot dogs
3. “When I paint my masterpiece” by Bob Dylan, also frequently played by the Dead. I just like the idea that maybe my best days are still ahead of me, and that I like totally didn’t peak in high school
4. Bill Self
5. Mid 80s. I can enjoy good fresh lemonade, but am generally just not a fan of any drink so sweet it might as well be candy
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

You would complain about self as prez too.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Also, you dont have to dump pounds of sugar in your lemonade, it isnt alwyas super sweet
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

1. Two daughters, both early 20s
2. Don’t know. My daughter wants to make a Father’s Day dinner
3. Unfortunately Dancing Queen
4. Elizabeth Warren
5. As a resident of SF Bay Area with an essentially unlimited supply of fresh lemons (step into the backyard): Not a child’s drink. 95. Possibilities are endless. Low sugar and Arnold Palmer have been mentioned. But other options such as mint or lavender lemonade with low sugar are refreshing and delicious. Of course I’m also the guy who squeezes a wedge in a glass of water routinely, no sugar. So there’s that
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:58 am You would complain about self as prez too.
as if the suggestion box wasn’t already full enough!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:59 am Also, you dont have to dump pounds of sugar in your lemonade, it isnt alwyas super sweet
One of my fave beverages is soda water with some fresh lemon, and/or lime, cucumber, gin, etc.

But most of the time, if one is served a “lemonade,” it’s going to be liquid diabeetus.

I suppose we should ask, at what point does water with lemon become lemonade?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:37 am
TDub wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:58 am You would complain about self as prez too.
as if the suggestion box wasn’t already full enough!
I feel like there’s more jokes to be had from this.

Would Self fill his administration with his son Tyler, or with guys with more talent and better wingspan?

Would the department of defense throw a box and one in there sometimes?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:43 am
One of my fave beverages is soda water with some fresh lemon, and/or lime, cucumber, gin, etc.

But most of the time, if one is served a “lemonade,” it’s going to be liquid diabeetus.

I suppose we should ask, at what point does water with lemon become lemonade?
A very popular "street beverage" in SEAsia is lemon-salt-soda. Essentially it's lemon (or lime) juice, about 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and sugar, ice and soda water. Lore is that it replenishes lost electrolytes due to sweating in the sweltering heat. Whatever the reason and benefits it is extremely delicious and refreshing. Some add mint or other spices like ginger. Many street vendors have a syrup which already has the magic salt/sugar ratio in it. Lemon juice, one spoon of the syrup, ice, soda water!!

I make this often in hot weather. I put both mint and ginger in mine.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sounds delish
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

but 1/2 teaspoon of sugar ain’t much.

I just googled lemonade recipes, and the first one called for a 1:1:1 lemon juice, water, sugar ratio.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

No, it's not much but this beverage is supposed to taste more salty than sweet. The salt/sugar combo is what makes it what it is.

1:1:1 is what makes it yucky. My mom has a recipe which calls for 1:2:4 ginger juice, lemon juice, sugar syrup (1:1 water/sugar) combo which you then use to dilute with water or soda. She will make a large jar of this and keep it in the fridge. Add a few tablespoons of this in a glass, ice and water and you have a great drink which is not too sweet.
Deleted User 289

Thanks for the answers and conversation/s / dialogue/s / discusion/s.

I don't have any lemonade on hand (nor do I have lemons) but I do have this in my refrigerator and will enjoy a can or two this evening. Either while lounging in/on my rocking chair or hanging out up on the rooftop. I do enjoy it.

Image.