Corona brides

Coffee talk.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Corona brides

Post by jhawks99 »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:15 pm I think the bigger ethical dilemma is funerals. Can't really wait on those. Felt really bad for people who lost someone and couldn't properly mourn.
My neighbor lost his wife a couple of months ago. She was in poor health to begin with and then fell and hit her head. She was in the hospital for several days without much hope. He couldn't visit her until the end. Then he had to decide which family members could come to the limited funeral. He's a good guy and it tore him up.
Broham
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

My niece, the second week of August, it's still on. It is going to be on Prudence Island. So you have to fly to Providence RI, then rent a car to drive to the ferry, then rent a house on the island and share it with friends and/or family as there are no hotels. It's where Wes Anderson filmed "Moonlight Kingdom" so it probably seemed like a cool destination wedding idea a year ago. They had a guest list in the hundreds to start out and now they are trying to carve it down to the most important 50. I was happy to give up my spot under the tent. So of the four uncles/aunts and one still living grandparent, I think only one of us is going to make the trek. My youngest sister is going to drive there and back from St Louis with husband, not staying in a hotel along the way to avoid contact with the rona. This is the sort of guilty death march that only a Catholic family member would endure to keep my niece's mom from having no one from her family at the event. I feel a little bad for my oldest sister but she made the plan possible so she knew this could be the result. My mom who is 84 and already had one corona virus scare wanted me to accompany her across country, I declined. She has now decided she won't go either. It was a lot to ask before all of this, but it is too much now.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Saw a grandmother who shouldn't have been there jumping out of a car in my neighborhood last week or so, joining the 25 people who'd gathered for a wedding at a rented house. They have a nice pool area outside, so I suppose it was held there, but when I saw this older lady and all the cars from various states...she looked uncomfortable. You did good for your mother.
Don't inject Lysol.