Grandma's 5 Questions for 7/13/20

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Grandma's 5 Questions for 7/13/20

Post by Deleted User 289 »

1. Tomorrow, all day, no matter what you are doing (or not doing) you must wear one of the following message/s on a t-shirt. Which do you choose?
a) Black Lives Matter
b) White Lives Matter
c) Gay Lives Matter
d) All Lives Matter
e) No Lives Matter
f) MAGA

2. Have you ever been to any of the following places? Hayward Wisconsin, Nisswa Minnesota, Keystone South Dakota, Poughkeepsie New York, Bluff Alaska, Bend Oregon, or Florence South Carolina?

3. You have a casual friend / acquaintance / co-worker of the opposite sex.
This person uses several "on-line" dating services. He/she has been using these sites for about 5 years and goes out on occasional dates but has had ZERO success. Maybe one second date but that's it.
So, you, this person, and two other people go out for drinks one evening and start talking about his/her lack of dating success.
You are asked, why do you think he/she has had a lack of success.
You can be brutally honest and say you feel the person comes off as being desperate/pathetic, "nutty", dresses like a much older man/woman, wears stinky perfume/cologne, and it's ALL probably very off putting on a first date. Or you can lie.
If you tell the truth you know you will hurt the person's feelings and will probably make for an unpleasant rest of the evening.
What do you do? Tell the truth or lie?

4. Are you superstitious about anything? If yes, feel free to share what you are superstitious about.

5. Late last night / early this morning a friend of mine posted on Facebook that Kelly Preston died and included an article about her death. A different friend responded, "John Travolta's wife"?
I started to respond to her by saying - "Are you fucking kidding me? How about you take 1 second to click on the article to answer your question"?
On a scale of 1-100 (1 being NOT a dick at all and 100 being the biggest dick on the planet) rate how big of a dick move using those exact words would have been.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Grandma's 5 Questions for 7/13/20

Post by pdub »

1. e
2. Yes
3. There’s a partial truth in there that you could tell to kind of hint at their issues
4. Sports
5. 71
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

1. E
2. Yes
3. 51/49 tell the truth. Sometimes tough love is needed and a good thing but nothing fun about being a "bad guy".
4. I'm not a fan of the number 13. Used to not be able to watch the finish of a horse race live in person. Would go to Arlington Park race track and my friends would crack up. I would watch the beginning of the race and then turn around (yes - I could still hear the "call" from the track announcer) and not watch the finish.
5. Not knowing the person and the fact that she's attractive - 82. If I knew her and she was ugly - 16.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. E
2. Yes.
3. Neither. Im just gonna roll with them and be the best wingman possible
4. Sports
5. 27
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

1. A
2. Yes. Florence SC. But only briefly passing thru.
3. Since it is a "casual" friend i would keep my opinion to myself.
4. Yes. Golf things.
5. 78
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. e and it’s not even close \m/
2. Bend
3. Truth
4. writing’s on the wall
5. who?
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

1. E
2. Couple of em
3. If it’s a woman, and she’s moderately attractive, and I’m single, I suggest she might have a hard time finding the one but we should hook up in the meantime. #bootycallsmatter.
4. Not really. But a creature of habit, sure.
5. 69
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Lots of E for question #1.

Don't any of you think that is sort of disrepectful against the BLM movement?

On a side note: my racist aunt from texas made "white lives matter" her facebook status last night...my younger cousin who has a half black child is pretty hurt by her ignorance/subliminal racism....why are some white people so against the black lives matter movement? (Please note: subtle difference between the "movement" and the actual organization since some problematic discoveries are rumored about the organziation itself)
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

3. I believe there someone for everyone. I also believe that people, for the most part, don’t change. I would not be critical. If pushed, I would say, “You are fine. It is difficult out there. We all know that. But the worst thing you can do is not be yourself. There is somebody out there looking for you. Until then, go to a store and ask a female attendant to find you a pair of jeans that fit, some shirts, a belt, socks, and some loafers. Then join a gym and work out 3 times a week, but not too much. Then see what happens.”
shindig

Post by shindig »

1. a
2. Bend
3. Probably a little of both, but I would sugar coat it.
4. Yeah, probably sports
5. 75
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1. E
2. Bend, Oregon is really nice.
3. 50/50. Just depends I guess on lots of factors.
4. Yeah likely sports.
5. 80
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

1. a
2. Keystone, Poughkeepsie, Bend. Almost went to Florence for work but travel was stopped due to COVID
3. I would tell her. After all if the acquaintance is casual it probably doesn’t matter anyway. At least I would have the satisfaction of helping someone
4. Many things
5. 66
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I actually have a friend who was a former coworker who was in this exact situation but with his job. He was hired when the company was very small and the position was for a lab chemist. He’s a talented experimentalist and he slowly moved up. The company refocused their priority and he was laid off as they cut all discovery efforts. He had the toughest time finding a job because he was awful in interviews. Good scientist but couldn’t talk himself out of a paper bag! I would recommend him for jobs (with the proper warnings) and I would inevitably get the “WTF dude” calls from friends who I recommend him to! Struggled greatly to find a good way to convey the truth to him and not crush his self esteem.

I finally got him talk to one of the hiring managers (who was also my friend - so glad he agreed) where he didn’t get hired for some feedback. I think it helped but it’s hard to change a whole personality.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:05 am 1. E
2. Bend, Oregon is really nice.
3. 50/50. Just depends I guess on lots of factors.
4. Yeah likely sports.
5. 80
Bend oregon WAS really nice. Californians have ruined that too.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I was trying to figure out the significance of those locations - but didn't put the effort in to do any research to see if there was some connection.