Royals

Other Sports.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Royals

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:33 pm Yeah Martin did slide a bit. And I get it. But Lacy the most college ready pitcher. That 2022 Royals rotation is going to be NAAAASTY
Even if only 3/6 of the guys you have in mind are there.

Which is the point of the pick.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

True. I think 3 of the guys between Singer, Bubic, Kowar, Lacy and Lynch will be in the rotation.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:16 am True. I think 3 of the guys between Singer, Bubic, Kowar, Lacy and Lynch will be in the rotation.
I hope so.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

The 2022 Royals team could be pretty fun.. Granted all home grown talent here. No FA signings, trades, etc.

Rotation:
Singer
Bubic
Lowar
Lacy
Lynch

C - Melendez
1B - Pratto
2B - Mondesi
SS - Witt
3B - Dozier
RF - Khalil Lee
CF - McConnell (Currently SS in system)
LF - Matias
DH - Whit Merrifield or Jorge Soler

Utility - Whit Merrifield

That's a pretty good homegrown team that have very Moustakas, Hosmer, Cain, Duffy type of vibes.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Yes - could start being fun next year, with the pitching starting to rise.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/ ... rite-picks

Kiley McDaniel, writer for ESPN on baseball side said Royals getting Lacy was his favorite pick. Everyone knew the Royals liked him, they just didn't think he'd slide past 3.

The Royals taking Nick Lofton with 32nd pick was a head scratcher in his words, but not because the Royals took him, but because he slid so far. He said he should have been a pick in the 20s, but the Royals got him with 32. Big time value. He said he's far better than the SS the Red Sox took with pick 17.

McDaniel also basically said the Royals have had the best draft to this point. Best College arm at 4th pick and a middle INF with a plus bat.

Granted Loftin won't be much more than a utility guy. But he's a good, safe bet when a lot of picks could be busts.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Royals made a trade. Tim Hill to SD. Royals get 13th best Padres prospect in RHP Ronald Bolanos and OF Franchy Cordero.

Both have spent time with Padres on ML roster. Cordero has some power but injured more than most would like. Bolanos is a power righty with some control issues but the stuff is there

Padres going for short term wins. Royals going for long term. Really a win-win for both sides. But I’ve seen some that like the trade better for KC.

Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

I made a small futures bet on Min to win WS. Hope hitting outpaces pitching in this messed up season.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Gqcolorado wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:51 pm I made a small futures bet on Min to win WS. Hope hitting outpaces pitching in this messed up season.
The whole thing will be wild - what happens if, like, Kershaw and Bueller both test positive on September 28?

I think you're smart to bet on hitting, this year more than ever.
thebones

Post by thebones »

Bad start for the Royals. Attendance is fairly light tonight, too.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Is there a game on television?
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Leawood wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:23 pm Is there a game on television?
I’m watching it for free on the MLB app, it’s the normal fox sports team so should be on tv.

I hate these unis. They need to go away.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

thebones wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:10 pm Bad start for the Royals. Attendance is fairly light tonight, too.
All in the most expensive seats tho. Should be high per ticket revenue.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Thursday August 6th, Royals v Cubbies on FOX.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Don't overreact to the Starling Bomb

Don't overreact to the Starling Bomb

Don't overreact to the Starling Bomb. . .
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Man... I love Nicky Lopez, but I think the Royals are better with Starling in CF and Whit at 2nd.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:07 am Man... I love Nicky Lopez, but I think the Royals are better with Starling in CF and Whit at 2nd.
If you need to win a game, or a series, yes. But Lopez has a decent shot at being an average regular for a long time. You have to try to develop him.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I'd curious then to know your thoughts on the soon-to-be-jam in the middle INF spots within a year or two.

You have Mondi, Witt, Lopez, Guzman is doing well at A ball (He's very Esky-like), just drafted McConnell (Could go CF??) Whit will probably move to INF the older he gets.

I know you'll say you can't count on those types of things (projecting, having too much depth, etc) but it's going to be interesting.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:30 am I'd curious then to know your thoughts on the soon-to-be-jam in the middle INF spots within a year or two.

You have Mondi, Witt, Lopez, Guzman is doing well at A ball (He's very Esky-like), just drafted McConnell (Could go CF??) Whit will probably move to INF the older he gets.

I know you'll say you can't count on those types of things (projecting, having too much depth, etc) but it's going to be interesting.
Too much up-the-middle talent has a way of sorting itself out.

I love Mondesi, but he hasn't done much to give you confidence in his durability. And without 600 plate appearances a year, it's hard to see his approach improving.

In a best case, he does grow into being a top-shelf starting shortstop. In this best case, Witt fills out and has the pop to be a credible, top-shelf starting third baseman.

Then you mix and match the rest. If Lopez hits, he's an everyday 2b who can spell Mondesi. If McConnell hits, then Mondesi and/or Lopez are expendable.

If you find yourself contending next year, maybe you move Lopez and give Whit 2nd for as long as he's a useful player.

All good problems to have.

What would not be good is...Mondesi can't stay healthy (and never grows into a .350 OBP; Witt doesn't have much projection left and ends up being just an average regular; Lopez doesn't hit; McConnell is a backup at best; Whit turns into a pumpkin.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Royals play 17 days in a row to start? Wow.