Grandma's 5 Thoughts for 7/21/20

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Grandma's 5 Thoughts for 7/21/20

Post by Deleted User 289 »

1) I find it interesting that people on "social media" feel it's more important for them to post political attacks on their "opponents" than it is for them to post politically supportive things regarding those they support.

2) Baseball without fans... Tough to watch. I might as well be watching people play video game baseball.
Horrible that I am less than a 30 minute bike ride to both Chicago Baseball stadiums and in the past two days I could not attend either game. Yes, I would have happily attended if there were proper "social/physical" distancing measures in place and SOME fans were allowed to attend.

3) I am someone who is actually fascinated with the differences between CNN and FOX "reporting" the same news stories. I guess I am ignorant because I can't comprehend how and why anyone would allow such biased crap to manipulate their thoughts. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a an independent "news network" that is actually and truly "independent" and that is where the majority of Americans went to - to get their news. I am 100% convinced that CNN and FOX are evil in that they purposely try to divide the citizens in this country. Shame on them!

4) I'm happy to see Mayor Lightfoot has caved and will accept "federal" help. I give her credit if and when it's due but she's more than deserving of the ridicule she gets.
Now if she would respond to the respectful email I sent her, I would be very appreciative. I'm not holding my breath.
Being a Mayor has to be a shit job. I will never understand other than if someone is power hungry - why they would want to be a Mayor. It's an always lose lose job and a very infrequent win win job.
Reminds me of when my buddy asked a former Mayor - "When you wake up every morning is your first thought - shit, I wonder what problems I have to deal with today"? The Mayor answered with what I assume was the most practiced and scripted response possible. It was something like this - "No, I wake up excited for any and all challenges I may face and am grateful for the ability and to be in a position to do good things and make positive changes for the city". When I think about it I'm not sure if I should be laughing, puking, or just shaking my head and rolling my eyes.

5) Why are breakfast foods designated breakfast foods and mostly eaten in the morning and dinner foods designated dinner foods and mostly eaten in the evening?
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Grandma's 5 Thoughts for 7/21/20

Post by jhawks99 »

3) I agree with you on this. I get most of my news from NPR which is about as close to unbiased as we can get.
Broham
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

5) A teacher I had in high school called it a fur-lined rut. But not everyone has the cereal, bacon and eggs, pancakes for breakfast.

https://forums.egullet.org/topic/160119-breakfast-2020/
Broham
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NPR leans left with the stories they choose but i'm with you 99.
The Christian Science Monitor and quartz ( qz.com ) also try to be more global/neutral - it's tough to do.